Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 2, 2017, 8:12pm
https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2017/october/stadium-public-exhibition-boards

Wish I was reading this in the telewag would look smashing down the parkway
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 2, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 1

It would be nice if GTFC gave us some update on how things are progressing on the new stadium.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 2, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

It would be nice if GTFC gave us some update on how things are progressing on the new stadium.

You start to think people are not playing ball
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 3
Its a bit drab....looks like they will be 3D printing all the buidling components.. :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 2, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 4
What no Griffin pub?!  :-/
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 3, 2017, 4:18pm; Reply: 5
The club can't give us a day by day update on the new stadium, there will be lots of little hurdles to clear which won't be worth reporting and they will update us on any bigger decisions and these are the ones that usually take time. Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press. I have no doubt that things are moving behind the scenes.
Posted by: realist, October 3, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jimgtfc
The club can't give us a day by day update on the new stadium, there will be lots of little hurdles to clear which won't be worth reporting and they will update us on any bigger decisions and these are the ones that usually take time. Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press. I have no doubt that things are moving behind the scenes.

Maybe its because at the Q and A  in early August  "There are no updates, at present, but we understand there will be in the coming weeks"
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 3, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 7
Brentford recently had a change of plan and reduced the capacity by 3,000 to 17,000.  They decided to invest the savings made in the team.  
Posted by: RichMariner, October 3, 2017, 9:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc
Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press.

You mean why be honest and transparent when we could potentially sneak something past people who have a right to have a say on what happens in their community?

I completely understand that 'nimbys' are going to be everywhere and they're going to make things difficult, but I'd rather us be clear with what we're planning to do at every step of the way so that we know what's being built is above board and suitable for the future.

Because if it isn't, the bad press won't happen now - it'll happen in the future.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2017, 11:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RichMariner

You mean why be honest and transparent when we could potentially sneak something past people who have a right to have a say on what happens in their community?

I completely understand that 'nimbys' are going to be everywhere and they're going to make things difficult, but I'd rather us be clear with what we're planning to do at every step of the way so that we know what's being built is above board and suitable for the future.

Because if it isn't, the bad press won't happen now - it'll happen in the future.

Not only that, ending up with a bad design because you kept it too close to your chest, it ends up being very expensive to correct.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:44pm