Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, October 1, 2017, 12:53pm
Great respect to the bloke. Good interview on the os with him https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/nathan-arnold---it-was-a-phenomenal-reception
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 1
Thankfully, he had a quiet game and fluffed his one chance, then went off to a standing ovation. Perfect all round really.
Posted by: devs, October 1, 2017, 1:35pm; Reply: 2
Loved that - poss highlight of the game
He will always be a legend for me - that third goal is one of the great GTFC memories
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from devs
Loved that - poss highlight of the game
He will always be a legend for me - that third goal is one of the great GTFC memories

Yep, just watched it yet again and it's still fantastic.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 1, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 4
He'll always be remembered for what he did here. Not just in 2016 but also the year before. Particularly those two goals at Eastleigh.

Nice bloke too by sounds of him.
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 4:23pm; Reply: 5
Said this before but should have played for us in L2 along with Amond.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 1, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 6
Agreed chaos, it certainly would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we could have kept that promotion winning nucleus of Tait, Toto, Nolan, Arnold and Amond. The fans certainly had a connection with that side.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 1, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 7
Shame they didn't have a connection with the fans . That's why they fooked off .
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 8
There's only one reason why they 'fooked off' mate. They weren't really wanted, and they're both better than every player we've got now, pretty much.
Posted by: golfer, October 1, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Shame they didn't have a connection with the fans . That's why they fooked off .

Because we didn't offer them what they were worth -we were too pigheaded
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 1, 2017, 5:17pm; Reply: 10
I’m convinced that if Hurst, Tait, Toto, Pearson, Arnold, Nolan and Podge were still here then we’d be in a much better place on and off the pitch.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
There's only one reason why they 'fooked off' mate. They weren't really wanted, and they're both better than every player we've got now, pretty much.

That's rubbish from what I heard. I thought this was cleared up ages ago.
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 12
But it was Hurst who wasn't that fussed about keeping Arnold or Amond.
Posted by: Stadium, October 1, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner_09
I’m convinced that if Hurst, Tait, Toto, Pearson, Arnold, Nolan and Podge were still here then we’d be in a much better place on and off the pitch.

By jove,its Nostradamus  ;)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33
But it was Hurst who wasn't that fussed about keeping Arnold or Amond.

He never knew they'd gone. He was on holiday at the time.
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 15
So the story goes mate.

Arnold didn't sign for Lincoln for a while. The offers to both of them reflected how much they were wanted.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2017, 5:53pm; Reply: 16
Or an alternative view is that the players agents where looking for better terms than we where prepared to pay/offer or could afford?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 1, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 17
It'll be interesting to see the company accounts for 2016-17 when they're out, to see what the wage bill was like compared to previous years.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2017, 6:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It'll be interesting to see the company accounts for 2016-17 when they're out, to see what the wage bill was like compared to previous years.

Very interesting, especially with the inflated squad size after the Jan window.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2017, 6:16pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Or an alternative view is that the players agents where looking for better terms than we where prepared to pay/offer or could afford?

Thanks for that Herts. 👍🏼 Couldn't actually be bothered to go into detail for the millionth time.
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 20
You couldn't be bothered to go into the detail for the millionth time?!  You know the detail, or just the official, club issued version of events?

I can't post what I know, but they had to look elsewhere for better offers.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 21
Nathan's agent thought he was worth a better wage, hence he never got back to hurst, the deadline had passed for Nathan to get back to hurst, Nathan's agent was that good that he found him a better club (sarcasm), Nathan went back to hurst to take him up on his offer, it was too late he'd signed tom bolawinwra.

Agents fault not hurst's.
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 22
Well that's one way took at part of it I guess.

And we signed a vastly inferior player on a longer deal than that which was offered to a promotion clinching hero. Great business.

I'll leave my contribution there. No point going on about it now.
Posted by: mimma, October 1, 2017, 8:24pm; Reply: 23
Unless you are Nathan Arnold or his agent how do you know exactly what went on?

I'll take all these stories of what went on with a pinch of salt.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 1, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 24
Should be here, isnt, our loss
Posted by: Cloudy, October 1, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from chaos33
You couldn't be bothered to go into the detail for the millionth time?!  You know the detail, or just the official, club issued version of events?

I can't post what I know , but they had to look elsewhere for better offers.

So you post what you don't know???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2017, 8:54pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Well that's one way took at part of it I guess.

And we signed a vastly inferior player on a longer deal than that which was offered to a promotion clinching hero. Great business.

I'll leave my contribution there. No point going on about it now.

Not as good I agree but "vastly inferior" is a bit below the belt.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Thanks for that Herts. 👍🏼 Couldn't actually be bothered to go into detail for the millionth time.

Uhhh?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 2, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 28
Typical Fishy.

Good thread, praising Arnold, suddenly turns into a anti-hurst thread etc....  :o
Posted by: Ahh Sole, October 2, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 29
Quoted from golfer

Because we didn't offer them what they were worth -we were too pigheaded

The soundtrack to the recent history of GTFC
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 2, 2017, 12:39pm; Reply: 30
I know he will be remembered for that goal at Wembley and for quite a few cracking goals whilst he was here and rightly so, I thought his performance on Saturday was quite similar to many he had here where he had little influence on the game.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 2, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 31
think i most rememeber Nathan for-apart from the obvious- is a tuesday night game against gateshead? just after his mother passed, he was outstanding that night scoring both in a 2-1 win
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 2, 2017, 12:55pm; Reply: 32
He was a sort of 1 in 6 type player who was often anonymous but always did his defensive work very well but every now and then was completely unplayable. If he played like he could every week then he’d play for Nottingham Forest or Shef Utd not a mid table 4th division side.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 2, 2017, 1:33pm; Reply: 33
I was about to post the same views.  He is much better than our current wingers. He was a good player for us.   However, he only had one good game in 4 or 5 matches.  This inconsistency, when added to the inconsistency of some other players, was of of the main reasons we did not finish as Champions during our spell in NL.

Some may argue that players at this level are often inconsistent. Although each champion winning team managed to be consistent more than Town over 46 games.  (And often went out of the FA Trophy early so to avoid fixture congestion and split priorities).  
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:30pm