Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, September 30, 2017, 1:16pm
Been looking at videos all morning of Lincoln fans, seems a few still live in the 90s with their 3 stripe trackies..

Anyway, UTM..
Posted by: lukeo, September 30, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 1
Thread *
Posted by: buckstown, September 30, 2017, 1:18pm; Reply: 2
Thought everyone must have been at the BP or the doom merchants had won
Anyway Town on top, eveyone up for it and Summerfield winning all the second balls
Nothing but positive messages
Posted by: lukeo, September 30, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 3
I'm not listening or watching :(
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 30, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 4
Sat at work having to listen to the match via the bias BBC Lincolnshire. C,Mon Town!
Posted by: TAGG, September 30, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 5
Summerfield having a stormer👍
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 30, 2017, 1:48pm; Reply: 6
Shite half. 2 shite hoofball teams.
Posted by: Maringer, September 30, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 7
We started brightly and were on top for the first ten minutes, after that they got into it and have been much more threatening. Problem is that we aren't winning anything in the air against their tall defence so it's started to come back at us and we've lost midfield. Dixon struggling against a quick and skilful winger. Our wingers aren't getting involved enough.

Unfortunately, they've got some better players than us and much more height as well so they're a threat at set pieces.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 8
How are we looking against them though? They shading it or us or even?
Posted by: TAGG, September 30, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 9
Thank fook for half time.
First 20 we looked to play football and looked good then after that we went to pot.
Cant see the game plan.

What has been wrong with Jones just lately????
I really like him but hes gone down the pan over the last two games hes started.

We need a new left back.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 1:59pm; Reply: 10
Atmosphere?
Posted by: Grimbiggs, September 30, 2017, 1:59pm; Reply: 11
Even game, Lincoln coming on strong last 20 mins, with Arnold scuffing the best chance....not a classic and and any means, two poor teams, and no real quality. Our build play is far to pedestrian, 2nd half kicking off towards pontoon, pontoon, let's hope we see a better performance...UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 12
Cheers Grimbiggs. At least they aren't pissing all over us (for now). And they seem to be giving away a lot of fouls going by the beeb text - spreading it round the team like Braintree used to. They'll run out of players given the benefit of the doubt and the cards will start clocking up.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 30, 2017, 2:08pm; Reply: 13
WTF are Town doing, we sound all at sea, You just know Palmer is going to score
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2017, 2:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Even game, Lincoln coming on strong last 20 mins, with Arnold scuffing the best chance....not a classic and and any means, two poor teams, and no real quality. Our build play is far to pedestrian, 2nd half kicking off towards pontoon, pontoon, let's hope we see a better performance...UTM

Agree with the two poor teams comment however at the moment they are the ones who look like they will score.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2017, 2:23pm; Reply: 15
Town looking more dangerous
Posted by: lukeo, September 30, 2017, 2:26pm; Reply: 16
I can only follow via sky sports commentary app and it shows they've had more shots and possession
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 30, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 17
Palmer won’t score at least he’s come off for fat boy
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 18
Summerfield having a good game and has been taken off for Rose.
Posted by: Spidey, September 30, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 19
Summerfield gone off to a good reception, Rhead getting  the exact opposite as he comes on!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 20
I'd have liked to have seen Pearson up against Rhead for one last time!
Posted by: lukeo, September 30, 2017, 2:35pm; Reply: 21
Either going with a more defensive approach in midfield or Luke has run himself into the ground by the sound of these comments he's done well.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 30, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'd have liked to have seen Pearson up against Rhead for one last time!

Next season you can Wrexham v Gimps  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:38pm; Reply: 23
Hope that's because Wrexham go up.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 30, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 24
Rather than Lincoln go down!?!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 25
Yeah. Rather there were two slots for the teams from Gloucestershire. And we keep our derby.
Posted by: hheh2, September 30, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 26
Imagine Wrex got promoted and Pearson played against us a Blundell Park  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:52pm; Reply: 27
The man would get a standing ovation.
Posted by: hheh2, September 30, 2017, 2:52pm; Reply: 28
FT 0-0
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2017, 2:53pm; Reply: 29
It's not all doom and gloom then. Two mid-table sides drawing a local derby.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 30, 2017, 2:56pm; Reply: 30
Plenty of effort just no real quality
Posted by: hheh2, September 30, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 31
Next lot of fixtures look very tasty indeed, Vale, Crawley, Cheltenham and Morecambe
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 30, 2017, 3:00pm; Reply: 32
Commentator said Mckeown was Man of the match for us, is that right?
Posted by: Henryscat, September 30, 2017, 3:01pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Commentator said Mckeown was Man of the match for us, is that right?

Town twitter says summerfield
Posted by: Hagrid, September 30, 2017, 3:04pm; Reply: 34
Poor game. 2 average sides, no attacking threat from us at all. Sunmerfield wxcellent deserved MOM
Posted by: Maringer, September 30, 2017, 3:04pm; Reply: 35
McKeown made one good save and several easy ones. Summerfield would get my vote and I was amazed was subbed as he looked to have plenty left in the tank.

Timsky is right, we were seriously lacking in quality.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 30, 2017, 3:05pm; Reply: 36
A better team performance than Tuesday but still to many hoofs for their players to gobble up and shove straight back down our throats, the final 3rd for us is very sloppy with no real threat apart from the odd half chance. Lincoln looked like they could nick one but are similar to us in most aspects, we are two mid table cloggers going nowhere fast. 0-0 fair result for both teams.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 30, 2017, 3:06pm; Reply: 37
Pretty much the best we could have hoped for. Plenty of honest endeavour but very little quality. Pretty much sums this squad up. Summerfield MOM  for me so that should keep a few quiet!
Posted by: londonmariner2, September 30, 2017, 3:09pm; Reply: 38
Summerfield mom for me with Collins 2nd.  I thought we never looked like scoring
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 30, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 39
I could not see any team scoring. :B
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 30, 2017, 3:15pm; Reply: 40
Pretty boring game in my opinion, too much in the air. It's not good to watch at all. Least we kept a clean sheet and Summerfield played well. Utm
Posted by: Abdul19, September 30, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 41
Don't think either keeper had a save of note to make, although Lincoln looked more threatening. Every time we had a ball in a threatening position the ball in was fucking awful. Thought Summerfield was our best player and Boyeson actually did alright. We weren't great but possibly a decent point considering Lincoln were going to beat us 13-0.
Posted by: Maringer, September 30, 2017, 3:31pm; Reply: 42
McKeown made one good save with his legs from a deflected shot early in the second half. Otherwise, it was just basic stuff.

I reckon we broke up more of our own attacks than they did! Some terrible passing and awful decision-making making which meant we had little threat.

Jaiyesimi showed why he hasn't been playing in his brief cameo today. Just kept running into dead-ends and losing possession and obviously has no left foot because he kept beating the defender on the outside but then turning back onto his right foot when a run to the line was on!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 30, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Maringer
McKeown made one good save with his legs from a deflected shot early in the second half. Otherwise, it was just basic stuff.

I reckon we broke up more of our own attacks than they did! Some terrible passing and awful decision-making making which meant we had little threat.

Jaiyesimi showed why he hasn't been playing in his brief cameo today. Just kept running into dead-ends and losing possession and obviously has no left foot because he kept beating the defender on the outside but then turning back onto his right foot when a run to the line was on!

Have to once again how puzzled I am that Big Tom is not getting a look in. Neither Dembele or Jaiyesmi have any type of quality when delivering the ball into the box and feel Tom gives us a real option, especially off the bench, to influence the game.

Looks like another player who needs to get away for some game time.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 30, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 44
You get the impression Slade as to many options up front to be honest.
Posted by: Garth, September 30, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 45
[quote=59]You get the impression Slade as to many options up front to be honest.[/quote]

Name them!

Vernon, not brilliant in the air and not much of a threat on the deck----Tries hard though

Hooper, quick, good marksman but a better player with his back to our goal----Lazy player

Matt, leggy awkward player, no threat in the air for his size, weak on the deck---Tries, not good enough

Cardwell, Good promise pre season, not given much of a chance to shine, a maybe player---Needs matches

Jones, Playing out of position and it shows, not a striker but a good attacking midfielder--- Play him in midfield

Too many options? pick the bones out of those
Posted by: RoboCod, September 30, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 46
Dissapointing about Matt. Had hopes he'd lead the line and get us scoring. Slade's original No 9 target apparently, then Hooper got the nod (and the No 9) then Matt joins and hardly sets the place alight. Not many goals coming this season, although if Lincoln can't get a goalscorer with the £20 Trillion pounds they're amassed there may be a national shortage.

Both Matt and Jones not on song today, should be grateful to get the point I suppose but we need a local lad, or another Bogle, a striker who is really up for it.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 30, 2017, 6:54pm; Reply: 47
Cardwell definitely has something about him. He needs games though and an uninterrupted series of them, which sadly I don't think he will get .

Without an immediate run of goals from him I feel Slades default position is to revert to the more senior players, even if they don't themselves have any decent goal scoring record to talk of.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 30, 2017, 11:17pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Garth
[quote=59]You get the impression Slade as to many options up front to be honest.[/quote]

Name them!

Vernon, not brilliant in the air and not much of a threat on the deck----Tries hard though

Hooper, quick, good marksman but a better player with his back to our goal----Lazy player

Matt, leggy awkward player, no threat in the air for his size, weak on the deck---Tries, not good enough

Cardwell, Good promise pre season, not given much of a chance to shine, a maybe player---Needs matches

Jones, Playing out of position and it shows, not a striker but a good attacking midfielder--- Play him in midfield

Too many options? pick the bones out of those

There you go never said they were good options still searching for the ideal partnership.

Posted by: Maringer, September 30, 2017, 11:43pm; Reply: 49
I like Bolarinwa, though don't claim he's the answer to our problems. I can't help but think his pace and power could be used to great effect as a sub coming on for the last half hour or so. Not many full-backs would like to face that after they've been playing for an hour.

Of course, even if he did play, we'd probably still fail to get the ball to him in useful positions often enough. A bit failing with the way we're playing at the moment.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 1, 2017, 4:58am; Reply: 50
Agreed. This team must be rivalling ABIII's for lack of pace.
Posted by: Impish2, October 1, 2017, 8:37am; Reply: 51
Quoted from RoboCod
Dissapointing about Matt. Had hopes he'd lead the line and get us scoring. Slade's original No 9 target apparently, then Hooper got the nod (and the No 9) then Matt joins and hardly sets the place alight. Not many goals coming this season, although if Lincoln can't get a goalscorer with the £20 Trillion pounds they're amassed there may be a national shortage.

Both Matt and Jones not on song today, should be grateful to get the point I suppose but we need a local lad, or another Bogle, a striker who is really up for it.

Wasn't at the game but sounds like a scrappy draw with little quality on show for both sides. Always good to take at least a point away though.

We will no doubt strengthen more in January, only have a squad of about 19. A proven scorer must be top of DC list, can we find one though, he seems to have struggled in the earlier transfer window.  I think clubs know we have a bit of cash set aside so are ramping any price up accordingly.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 1, 2017, 9:06am; Reply: 52
Fair point Impish we have a massive squad tbf but not a lot of real quality it is a bit of a burden to Slade if he is honest.

We do have a couple of decent players injured but lack of chances made yesterday sums up our problem.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 1, 2017, 9:34am; Reply: 53
Quoted from Maringer
I like Bolarinwa, though don't claim he's the answer to our problems. I can't help but think his pace and power could be used to great effect as a sub coming on for the last half hour or so. Not many full-backs would like to face that after they've been playing for an hour.

Of course, even if he did play, we'd probably still fail to get the ball to him in useful positions often enough. A bit failing with the way we're playing at the moment.

Agree about Tombola, sometimes it's a bit detrimental to the player to smooth out the flaws that players like him have as that's what makes him unpredictable.
I'm very surprised though that a Town team with Tombola, Woolford, Jaiyesimi  and Dembele in it aren't a lot more exciting to watch. Sniping aside, that for me is the main legitimate compaint aimed at Slades management.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 1, 2017, 11:12am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Impish2

Wasn't at the game but sounds like a scrappy draw with little quality on show for both sides. Always good to take at least a point away though.

We will no doubt strengthen more in January, only have a squad of about 19. A proven scorer must be top of DC list, can we find one though, he seems to have struggled in the earlier transfer window.  I think clubs know we have a bit of cash set aside so are ramping any price up accordingly.

This is the fishy, a Grimsby Town fan forum, and not the Lincoln Vital a minimalist forum for 5 Lincoln fans  ;)

so....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gXxnoZj.gif[/img]
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:16pm