Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, September 28, 2017, 7:29am
Is saturdays referee. Get your money on a town red
Posted by: LH, September 28, 2017, 7:56am; Reply: 1
Oh FFS...
Posted by: Maringer, September 28, 2017, 7:57am; Reply: 2
I seem to think he was OK last time we had him. Probably just lulling us into a false sense of security...
Posted by: Cloudy, September 28, 2017, 8:30am; Reply: 3
Is the OS correct? They say he has handed out NINE red cards already this season!!!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 28, 2017, 8:43am; Reply: 4

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=806
Posted by: LH, September 28, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 5
I boosted my odds from 10/3 to get 3.58/1 at Hills for any red card. Basically printing money.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 28, 2017, 9:58am; Reply: 6
I'm bemused how a guy with his track record is allowed anywhere near this game.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 28, 2017, 11:39am; Reply: 7
In to his 17th season as a referee, surely he must be more experienced and fair minded. Those two red cards against Donny in 02/03 and the two against Darlo in 04/05 seasons are things of the past. We must now give him the benefit of doubt, even though he sent Danny Collins off earlier this season, and expect a even handed near perfect exhibition of officiating on Saturday.

On the other hand, it is Carl Boyson from Hull and I fear the worst !

Posted by: denni266, September 28, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 8
Hull.. say no more
Posted by: Kris2, September 28, 2017, 11:47am; Reply: 9
Honestly I think they set this stuff up on purpose just for entertainment value of getting fans angry. A local derby with a ref who constantly wants to be centre of attention is sure to boil over.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 28, 2017, 12:45pm; Reply: 10
I'm amazed how this man is allowed to officiate a Grimsby Town game.

He's sent off FIVE Grimsby players in just THREE games.

And he's from Hull.

If the suspiciously high reds-to-games ratio wasn't a red flag in itself - along with an explicit request from our manager at the time to make sure he doesn't ref us again - then I'm sure the Hull thing is iffy.

I'm sure I read somewhere that referees can't take charge of games that are local to them - which is why Clattenburg, from the North East, never reffed any matches involving Newcastle or Sunderland.

Boyeson was on Radio Humberside a little while back talking about his support for Hull City.

Let's be honest - someone from Hull is going to have more beef with Grimsby than he is with Lincoln, so it hardly seems fair.

Still, all refs are crap so I guess it doesn't matter. And as others have already pointed out, it could help you win some money at the bookies.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 28, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 11
Pretty sure the Ref the other night was based in Lincs and he gave us nothing either. I have never thought of Ref`s as cheating but they usually favour the home teams it seems everyone hates GY.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 28, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Pretty sure the Ref the other night was based in Lincs and he gave us nothing either. I have never thought of Ref`s as cheating but they usually favour the home teams it seems everyone hates GY.

Based in literally (in R.A.F.) but not from.

(P.S. He is 4th Official against Scunny in the Shaun Harvey Trophy next week also)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 28, 2017, 12:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Based in literally (in R.A.F.) but not from.

(P.S. He is 4th Official against Scunny in the Shaun Harvey Trophy next week also)

Hmmm I had barely commented the Ref`s having a good game when he erm stopped the facist illegitimate :)
Posted by: sam gy, September 28, 2017, 1:08pm; Reply: 14
Not sure it's really a Hull thing. People from Hull in my experience really don't give a excrement about Grimsby.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:33pm