Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 26, 2017, 12:24pm
On the seafront 12:30 pm and the fog in the Humber is thick really need it to burn out or the game must be in doubt as night falls
Posted by: Maringer, September 26, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 1
It's barely a haze at the moment. The (absolutely frigging useless) BBC Weather app on my phone doesn't seem to think there will be any fog tonight, but that's probably wrong. It generally is.
Posted by: chaos33, September 26, 2017, 2:46pm; Reply: 2
I use this as my weather source and find it pretty accurate. It doesn't seem to think fog will be an issue tonight.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Grimsby
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 26, 2017, 3:29pm; Reply: 3
It's mist.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, September 26, 2017, 3:33pm; Reply: 4
Sea fret
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 26, 2017, 3:36pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from chaos33
I use this as my weather source and find it pretty accurate. It doesn't seem to think fog will be an issue tonight.

Great site this Phil, it’s the one I use too, I’ve got the app on my phone, great for the lakes weather mate and as you say pretty accurate too. 👍
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 26, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland
It's mist.

That reminds me of the time I got stopped for speeding.  A right patronising copper.
The whole lecture about how he's the one who has to tell my mum (yes it was a long time ago) that little civvy has just been killed in a car crash etc etc..  The bit that got me was when he said what did I think would happen if Mr Fog came down ?  I saw my @rse and replied.  Well Mr driver would put Mr foot on Mr Brake pedal and Mr car would slow down.  He then said very slowly, ' I said sir, what would happen if mist or fog came down' ?

3 points and fine ensued  ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 26, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 7
Nice one guys thx for the link.
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 26, 2017, 5:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Civvy at last

That reminds me of the time I got stopped for speeding.  A right patronising copper.
The whole lecture about how he's the one who has to tell my mum (yes it was a long time ago) that little civvy has just been killed in a car crash etc etc..  The bit that got me was when he said what did I think would happen if Mr Fog came down ?  I saw my @rse and replied.  Well Mr driver would put Mr foot on Mr Brake pedal and Mr car would slow down.  He then said very slowly, ' I said sir, what would happen if mist or fog came down' ?

Absolute quality! :)
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 26, 2017, 5:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33

Pretty good site, use for all my fishing.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 26, 2017, 5:57pm; Reply: 10
Forecast on the way home said mist and fog spreading North and East. To be honest, i hope it is called off as i'm knackered and the thought of walking to the ground and back is not appealing at the moment.
Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2017, 6:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Civvy at last

That copper was me you cheeky young bstrd
Posted by: ginnywings, September 26, 2017, 6:36pm; Reply: 12
Two cups of tea, shower, something to eat and the game seems a bit more appealing now.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 26, 2017, 10:18pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
Two cups of tea, shower, something to eat and the game seems a bit more appealing now.

Think doctor foster would have been more entertaining
Posted by: ginnywings, September 27, 2017, 12:01am; Reply: 14
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I have no idea to what you allude but it sounds better than the footy was anyway.
Posted by: Spidey, September 27, 2017, 12:51am; Reply: 15
Quoted from crusty ole pie

It’d be a close call, season 2 has been crap!!
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:13am