Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, September 26, 2017, 12:01am
According to sky sources is about to be named Chesterfield manager.
Posted by: wigworld, September 26, 2017, 7:48am; Reply: 1
It's one way to lose your legend  status...

Best of luck to him, though.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 26, 2017, 7:56am; Reply: 2
Top player   but I remember him over celebrating a goal against us
(wallbash)(wallbash2) so for that reason I'm predicting he will be another Neil woods in management  8)
Posted by: Garth, September 26, 2017, 8:21am; Reply: 3
The legendary fall guy, let's hope he walks tall in his new position  :)
Posted by: moosey_club, September 26, 2017, 10:13am; Reply: 4
No hard feelings towards him at all  ( other than hoping as a minimum they finish four places below us ) great player for us coming through as a relative youngster and going onto bigger things...oh for a striker of his guile now.  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 26, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
No hard feelings towards him at all  ( other than hoping as a minimum they finish four places below us ) great player for us coming through as a relative youngster and going onto bigger things...oh for a striker of his guile now.  

here here Super Jack was brilliant for us (Gave us the tubthumping anthem in 98 lol) and took over the Super mantle from Clive Mendonca and though not as good as Clive he did the Club proud and went on to have a good career.Just a shame he never gave us his last year he would have scored us a bucketload in the tinpot league.Good luck Jackie Boy
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 6
Good luck to him.

Uninteresting fact: his last ever career goal was in my favourite non GTFC Conference match.
Posted by: Tommy, September 26, 2017, 12:59pm; Reply: 7
Yeah nothing but good memories of Super Jack for me.

I remember being younger and going to lots of reserve games when Jack was knocking on the door of the first team, for what seemed like forever. And then being an exciting player in the first team before going on to bigger and better things.

He's been popular at every club he's been at I think, which says a lot as that's pretty rare.

No issue with him celebrating the goals he scored for Chesterfield against us. I'm not a fan of ex-players not celebrating goals as long as they don't purposely rub it in our faces. But i think he'd been copping some unfair stick from some in the lower findus so you can't grumble at him having a pop back ("don't dish it out if you can't take it back" comes to mind).

He seems to have been forging a good reputation for himself coaching the youngsters so good luck to him.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 26, 2017, 1:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Tommy

I remember being younger and going to lots of reserve games when Jack was knocking on the door of the first team, for what seemed like forever. And then being an exciting player in the first team before going on to bigger and better things.

He's been popular at every club he's been at I think, which says a lot as that's pretty rare.

No issue with him celebrating the goals he scored for Chesterfield against us. I'm not a fan of ex-players not scoring goals as long as they don't purposely rub it in our faces. But i think he'd been copping some unfair stick from some in the lower findus so you can't grumble at him having a pop back ("don't dish it out if you can't take it back" comes to mind).

He seems to have been forging a good reputation for himself coaching the youngsters so good luck to him.

I agree some of our fans have given stick to some of our best former players Kev Drinkell in particular copped an earful. Others have deserved it I can still see Laws hoofing Gilbert into touch in the Bonetti game to the delight of a packed BP.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 26, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 9
Good luck Jack hope you do well,

BUT

Not against us . :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 26, 2017, 4:25pm; Reply: 10
Always liked Super Jackie Lester, the type of player who will fall through bricks walls for you  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 26, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Tommy

No issue with him celebrating the goals he scored for Chesterfield against us. I'm not a fan of ex-players not celebrating goals as long as they don't purposely rub it in our faces. But i think he'd been copping some unfair stick from some in the lower findus so you can't grumble at him having a pop back ("don't dish it out if you can't take it back" comes to mind).

Hmmm....... Yes Steve Kabba springs to mind re the celebration. Agree about Jack and scoring goals against us, things might have been different if he'd have cupped his ear though ;)

On a serious note good luck to him I remember Craig Cay saying what an influence he was on him when he was a senior pro at Chesterfield.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 26, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 12
Think chesterfield would be unwise to take a chance on someone with minimal management experience. He might be a good coach for strikers and he was a great striker but managing a club in trouble needs management skills which jack has not had the opportunity to demonstrate

Hey ho if they do its not our problem
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 13
Eddie Howe did alright
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 14
Now official. Risky move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41443476
Posted by: Tommy, September 29, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 15
For him or Chesterfield ginny?

Both really I suppose.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tommy
For him or Chesterfield ginny?

Both really I suppose.

Woods springs to mind, so yeah, both.
Posted by: craigy, September 29, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 17
Kevin nolan ain’t doing a bad job with Notts county. You can say his time at Leyton Orient didn’t go well but he managed a 46.7% win ratio with 7 wins from 15 games.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 29, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 18
I hope he gets to a winning start against Cheltenham on Saturday.  8)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2017, 10:21pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
I hope he gets to a winning start against Cheltenham on Saturday.  8)

Would be nice.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 29, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 20
Always liked Jack Lester. Hope he does well
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 29, 2017, 11:27pm; Reply: 21
You never know he might be our manager one day :)
Posted by: forza ivano, September 30, 2017, 12:58am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Harry Haddock
You never know he might be our manager one day :)

God, that would be lovely
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 30, 2017, 7:07am; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

God, that would be lovely

Unless he is cr8p of course!!
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 30, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 24
True

I think it's huge risk for team in that position to have a manager with so little experience. Time will tell
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:06pm