Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, September 25, 2017, 3:49pm
It sounds like Slade is going to rest him tomorrow night. Good decision I say, he might then come back more sharp v the gimps. https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/press-conference--pre-colchester/.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 25, 2017, 4:47pm; Reply: 1
His form has dropped a bit, due to the rest of the team being shite. Sam Jones who has also lost a bit of form (probably as the ball is flying over his head all day) is the only attacking player anywhere near his wavelength.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 25, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 2
About right, I'd like tosee Bolarinwa come in but I think DJ is much more likely.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 25, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 3
Judging by the interview just got a feeling DJ, JJ and Vernon and Summerfield will start, No Bolly or Clements.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 25, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 4
I want to see Cardwell get his run !!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Tommy, September 25, 2017, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
I want to see Cardwell get his run !!!!!!!!!

Snap.

Think he could shine in a front 2.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 25, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 6
Same!
Posted by: mariner91, September 25, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 7
I think Cardwell could work very well off Matt.
Posted by: Stew0_0, September 26, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 8
How about Sam Jones in CM with Cardwell up top. DJ in for Dembele too.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2017, 11:56am; Reply: 9
If Cardwell starts with Matt/Vernon then the only way Jones makes the side is if he's shunted out wide again.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 26, 2017, 12:13pm; Reply: 10
He doesn't need to be rested, hes 20 years old, full of energy.

He needs to just work on his decision making in the final third, and im not sure 'resting' him will help that?

Although i do agree DJ deserves a chance as hes looked good everytime hes come on
Posted by: Meza, September 26, 2017, 12:23pm; Reply: 11
I dont think he's resting him as such.  RS is probably saying he's being rested but maybe he's being dropped ?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 26, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Meza
I dont think he's resting him as such.  RS is probably saying he's being rested but maybe he's being dropped ?

Exactly.
Its the polite version of........ you're not in great form, your dropped
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2017, 12:30pm; Reply: 13
Semantics
Posted by: Tommy, September 26, 2017, 1:09pm; Reply: 14
Wise management of a young player from Slade in my opinion.

He's not exactly in poor form but is still getting used to professional football - not just the physical demands but also the mental demands too. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I thought a time would come to take him out of the firing line so to speak for a short time, and i think we have to acknowledge he's young, still developing and is new to professional football.

Even one game out of the starting line-up (depending on how his replacement does) could see him come back into the side a refreshed and eager player.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 26, 2017, 1:32pm; Reply: 15
If he's been dropped for form it's a bit odd. Even with a dip in form he's still our best player..
Posted by: Hagrid, September 26, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 16
Disagree lew, i think he's been very poor the last 3/4 games
Posted by: Garth, September 26, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 17
Vernon with JJ Hooper and PJ  IMO will be the change, with Matt, Jones and Dembele being dropped to the bench
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 26, 2017, 3:07pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from pontoonlew
If he's been dropped for form it's a bit odd. Even with a dip in form he's still our best player..

If he's not playing well, then he doesn't deserve to play.

If berrett form dropped people would call for him to be dropped instantly, Dembele is no different
Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

If berrett form dropped people would call for him to be dropped instantly, Dembele is no different

Drop Berrett INSTANTLY  :)
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 26, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Well yeah, because if Berrets form dropped from his current form he'd be rendered pretty much useless. Dembele has been a million miles ahead of most of this squad this year, now that he's dipped slightly doesn't mean he's playing poorly, he's still playing better than most.

If he's been rested for Saturday in the mind that it'll take some heat off him and leave him fresh then I'm all for it.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 26, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
He doesn't need to be rested, hes 20 years old, full of energy.

He needs to just work on his decision making in the final third, and im not sure 'resting' him will help that?

Although i do agree DJ deserves a chance as hes looked good everytime hes come on

A lot of people including the one's who did a bone age test on him at an African U18 tournament a few years age believe he is quite a bit older!

Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

A lot of people including the one's who did a bone age test on him at an African U18 tournament a few years age believe he is quite a bit older!

47 years old- his older brothers are younger than him and he's the same age as his dads elder brother but younger than his mothers mother.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 23
And after all that he's in the team!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 26, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Abdul19
And after all that he's in the team!

Perhaps Slade felt he needed a kick up the rump, so did a bit of propaganda.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:49pm