Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2017, 12:15pm
We need a good win against Colchester to set us up for the Lincoln game,

Another loss and we will have a poor gate from us next Saturday,

All the years we having been bragging about our support and calling Lincoln's will mean nothing next week,

If Lincoln Pack their end and they will but maybe empty seats at our end,

So its up to the players to get a good win on Tuesday and make the fans want to see us beat Lincoln.

Come on Town you can do it !!!!!!!!!
Posted by: psgmariner, September 24, 2017, 12:48pm; Reply: 1
Thought this was about my topless barmaids idea.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
Thought this was about my topless barmaids idea.

As long as your not one, sounds like a good idea  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, September 24, 2017, 10:12pm; Reply: 3
F*ntys d**ght*rs? I wouldn't say no..
Posted by: Jaws, September 25, 2017, 10:37am; Reply: 4
It's embarrassing the way we've taken the urine out of Lincoln for their support (or lack of) and the one season they get their act together and our fans are deserting us after a excrement start. We've done exactly what we criticized them for doing.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 25, 2017, 12:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jaws
It's embarrassing the way we've taken the urine out of Lincoln for their support (or lack of) and the one season they get their act together and our fans are deserting us after a excrement start. We've done exactly what we criticized them for doing.

Which is why I will be there on Saturday.  I actually fear the worst on the pitch. I also fear the worst off the pitch.  That's not in regard to fighting, it's in regard to noise generated.  Even when they don't bring that many, the ones that do turn up give it a good go.  Imagine with a full away end if we get off to a dodgy start.
We need to pack out BP and absolutely give it our all as supporters.  We can't blame players for not trying if we are the same.

UTM
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 25, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 6
If we could get two home wins, that's 18 points from 11, which equates to 75 over the season.  This is after a supposedly bad start.  
Posted by: psgmariner, September 25, 2017, 3:07pm; Reply: 7
We still haven't drawn a league game which is unusual after 9 games.

A win on Tuesday and I think in terms of points it has been a good start.
Posted by: Mariner_09, September 25, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 8
I say that 12 games is when we can actually make genuine conclusions from positions and points per game as it's as close to 1/4 through the season as is mathematically possible. So, if for arguments sake, we take 6 points from our next 3 games, that's 18 points from 12 games which would equate to 69 points over the course of the 46 game season, that would mean we'd finish in the upper mid-table region in about 9th. I'd have taken that at the start of August.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:24pm