Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, September 13, 2017, 9:19pm
Since this Ifollow introduction malarky i havnt noticed any of our own commentary team's match videos on the O.S. All highlights now seem to be the official Sky Bet highlights.

Missing the tones of Mooro and the gang and their unique comments and take on things, does anybody know if they are still working on them and producing clips anywhere ?  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from moosey_club
Since this Ifollow introduction malarky i havnt noticed any of our own commentary team's match videos on the O.S. All highlights now seem to be the official Sky Bet highlights.

Missing the tones of Mooro and the gang and their unique comments and take on things, does anybody know if they are still working on them and producing clips anywhere ?  

Surely. Must do.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 13, 2017, 10:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Surely. Must do.

Goddabee!
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, September 13, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 3
Chance on!

I grew up like many others listening to JM's commentary - seemed like a top guy..
Posted by: wigworld, September 13, 2017, 10:34pm; Reply: 4
Crikey! I miss them as well.
Posted by: springstomind, September 13, 2017, 10:55pm; Reply: 5
Yes. There's something about his warm welcomes to the videos that give it a more exclusive and sincere feel "good afternoon and welcome to Blundell Park on the lovely Saturday" etc... he's also great to listen to when we either miss a good chance or score.

"Oooooh no no no no, dear oh dear, wait........... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Good lad!"

Every friend I've ever shown his highlights to have been in stitches, the man certainly has a unique tone and choice of words 😂, I both love and miss it!

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 13, 2017, 11:55pm; Reply: 6
Still see them filming on the gantry this season.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 14, 2017, 8:45am; Reply: 7
Maybe they will be doing the end of season DVD only....not sure i can wait that long for my fix.....(lightbulb)

Dear Jim'll   :o  JohnF'll Fixit,

could you please fix it for me to have some John Moore commentary on the O.S Ifollow page,

thank you,

Moosey
Age 12
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2017, 1:28am; Reply: 8
Quoted from springstomind
Yes. There's something about his warm welcomes to the videos that give it a more exclusive and sincere feel "good afternoon and welcome to Blundell Paaghk on the lovely Saturdee" etc... he's also great to listen to when we either miss a good chance or score.

"Oooooh no no no no, dear oh dear, wait........... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Good lad!"

Every friend I've ever shown his highlights to have been in stitches, the man certainly has a unique tone and choice of words 😂, I both love and miss it!

Spelling corrected  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2017, 1:34am; Reply: 9
Ah, this also reminds me of that other legend of Grimburian broadcasting, John Tondeur* and his....

'Macca must get to that before the striker. He does do.'

* incidentally, can anyone remember any Eckbergisms?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 16, 2017, 5:09am; Reply: 10
"This game is as flat as a pint of yesterdays ale"  Good old Charlie
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2017, 11:39am; Reply: 11
"This game is as flat as a pint of yesterdays ale"  Good old Charlie

as he was known to enjoy the bar whilst at the game that is very apt.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 16, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 12
Another Tondeur favourite (when Town are under the cosh in the last few minutes):

"Pearson... HALF away!"

Never makes it feel like we ever clear our lines! Certainly knows how to make your heart flutter.
Posted by: wigworld, September 16, 2017, 7:10pm; Reply: 13
Surely the ultimate Tondeurism is, 'And there's the goal...'
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 16, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 14
I seem to half remember a comment by CE when we played Sheff U to clinch the div 3 title in 1980.  Hull FC played KR in an all Hull RL challenge cup final at Wembley the same day.

" Town are going to win the league,  Eckberg has his happy pills,  who cares about Hull"
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2017, 10:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from wigworld
Surely the ultimate Tondeurism is, 'And there's the goal...'

"only half away"........"should be dealt with     but isnt"   ...... and my all time favourite...."ironic cheers by the town fans"

Posted by: sonik, September 17, 2017, 8:08am; Reply: 16
I seem to half remember a comment by CE when we played Sheff U to clinch the div 3 title in 1980.  Hull FC played KR in an all Hull RL challenge cup final at Wembley the same day.

" Town are going to win the league,  Eckberg has his happy pills,  who cares about Hull"

" A hatrick for Kevin Drinker "  Classic from Charles and I think he repeated it?

UTM
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 17, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 17
Can't remember what team it was but listening to Charlie on the radio he said (????)are playing on with ten men the badly injured player could have a broken leg.

Grimsby look like they have eleven players with broken legs.

Ecberg at is sledge hammer wit best lol
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 17, 2017, 12:14pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry
Still see them filming on the gantry this season.

The match is shown live in the Press room and JM does the commentary during the game
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 18, 2017, 3:59am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Can't remember what team it was but listening to Charlie on the radio he said (????)are playing on with ten men the badly injured player could have a broken leg.

Grimsby look like they have eleven players with broken legs.

Ecberg at is sledge hammer wit best lol

CE said whilst commentating on the 2-1 home win against Everton, "and Town are playing in their black & white shites.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 2, 2017, 2:25pm; Reply: 20
Nice to see this again and those immortal words "chance on"

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/played-for-both--keith-alexander/
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 2, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 21
Charles Eckberg 8)  =  legend
Posted by: Barrattstander, October 2, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 22
My abiding memory of listening to Charles Ekberg on Humberside was his introduction to his post-match report which always seemed to start with: “......and the Mariners have done it again” .....followed by win/draw/lose (as appropriate)

John Tondeur instills  the fear of god in me every time in his commentary he uses the phrase “half away” to describe a poor clearance by (usually) one of the Town defenders.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 2, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 23
I wonder what distance Tondeur considers fully away.

90 yards?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:50am