Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 10, 2017, 8:30pm
Looking on social media it seems that the penny has dropped .... there is one person responsible for the mess gtfc have been in for 15 years ...... it's time to stop supporting this and accepting that sub standard football is acceptable ......  or you can just pretend the last 15 years didn't happen and carry on as you were
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 10, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 1
I can soon see the FENTY OUT Banners very soon but who will want to buy us honestly ?
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 10, 2017, 8:40pm; Reply: 2
One of the worst grounds in the FL  . One of the worst Squads in the FL ....
Posted by: ginnywings, September 10, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 3
Do you mean stop going to games?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 10, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 4
Let's be honest here, it's going to take someone who is billionaire and doesn't mind waste few hundered million to get us we're we need to be in the football example; we desperately need a new stadium, possibly a new state of the art training ground, basically we need everything new and it doesn't come cheap, one day hopefully a crazy billionaire will throw his dollar into us  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from fleabag1970
Looking on social media it seems that the penny has dropped .... there is one person responsible for the mess gtfc have been in for 15 years ...... it's time to stop supporting this and accepting that sub standard football is acceptable ......  or you can just pretend the last 15 years didn't happen and carry on as you were

I will always support the team, but I stopped supporting Fenty 14 and a half years ago.

I think you are right though - unless we turn it round pretty quickly the mood will change and Fenty will start to feel the heat.
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 10, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 6
But the question remains, who is there to replace him? I'm afraid the demise of the club is in correlation with that of the town, and I honestly can't see it changing.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 7
My views of the Fenty era are well known and the Mike Parker share fiasco showed exactly what he's capable of. It's time for change, just don't ask me how but I can tell you why
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 10, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 8
It's certainly not the time for ... light a candle for GTFC .... it's time for action .
Posted by: lukeo, September 10, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 9
We don't Need all that. Yes I'd love to be successful and be the best but I'm not selfish, I'd happily take a club ticking over, not increasing its debts trying to play decent attractive foot on the deck hovering around the play offs / top end of the table. I'm not saying we should be promoted and we need this and that.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 10, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner93er
But the question remains, who is there to replace him? I'm afraid the demise of the club is in correlation with that of the town, and I honestly can't see it changing.

The £3m 'benign' debt is a milstone around our necks. The only way JF would write that off is if the supporters genuinely turned on him and forced him out, we've seen he cannot work with anyone else at the top, ask Mike Parker or even the lottery winners. I do believe it is time for a change, JF needs to name his price, stick to his word and write off the debt then put the club up for 'sale'.

I've said it for a long time, our standing in the FL as an also ran in the bottom tier is unacceptable, we should be a league one side with out support but I don't think it's OTT to say we are already looking at a relegation fight and the prospect of non league football once more is outrageous.

I've almost had it with Town, for the first time in 30 years as a regular, I am so disillusioned I am genuinely thinking of walking away. I do not believe the clubs ambition matches my own. I am realistic, I don't expect us to win the champions league, or even compete in the championship but we go to Accrington Stanley tomorrow night, I think we'll get spanked. It's Accrington Stanley FFS.
Posted by: Bigdog, September 10, 2017, 9:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariner93er

Who knows who it could be? Leeds have gone through shite for as long as we have. They hadn't heard of Radrizzani a few months back, look at he spirit there now. A different scale to us, but the principle is still the same, There are millions of rich people out there we haven't heard of. Stop acting like they're aren't any at all. They do exist.

Don't buy that theory. Purely coincidence. Barnsley, Burnley, Fleetwood. Donxaster, Scunthorpe, Burton as towns have suffered massively in the past few decades and it's not affected their football clubs. Blackpool has really suffered and despite a boycott and Oyston, they got promoted..
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 10, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 75

The £3m 'benign' debt is a milstone around our necks. The only way JF would write that off is if the supporters genuinely turned on him and forced him out, we've seen he cannot work with anyone else at the top, ask Mike Parker or even the lottery winners. I do believe it is time for a change, JF needs to name his price, stick to his word and write off the debt then put the club up for 'sale'.

I've said it for a long time, our standing in the FL as an also ran in the bottom tier is unacceptable, we should be a league one side with out support but I don't think it's OTT to say we are already looking at a relegation fight and the prospect of non league football once more is outrageous.

I've almost had it with Town, for the first time in 30 years as a regular, I am so disillusioned I am genuinely thinking of walking away. I do not believe the clubs ambition matches my own. I am realistic, I don't expect us to win the champions league, or even compete in the championship but we go to Accrington Stanley tomorrow night, I think we'll get spanked. It's Accrington Stanley FFS.

Exactly!!
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 10, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 75

I bet the 4 teams they have already beaten thought the same but they are top of the league for a reason
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 9:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I bet the 4 teams they have already beaten thought the same but they are top of the league for a reason

I wonder what their Budget is, only joking but proof that they are top because they are getting it right on the pitch, have great team spirit but can they keep the moment going with such a small squad.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 10, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerz93

I wonder what their Budget is, only joking but proof that they are top because they are getting it right on the pitch, have great team spirit but can they keep the moment going with such a small squad.

Funny thing is they have Kayden Jackson who has 5 goals already this season, the same kayden  who allot on here thought was rubbish and not worthy of our team.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 10, 2017, 10:01pm; Reply: 16

Even Hurst never talked teams up that much. They are second!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&season=15

Hopefully they won't go top by beating us  :)
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 10, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from GrimRob

Even Hurst never talked teams up that much. They are second!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&season=15

Hopefully they won't go top by beating us  :)

My Mistake I could have sworn they where top when I looked last night, Must be an age thing
Posted by: moosey_club, September 10, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 18

Funny thing is they have Kayden Jackson who has 5 goals already this season, the same kayden  who allot on here thought was rubbish and not worthy of our team.

he wasnt any good for us, he played probably 180 mins of anything like the form he is showing now, the first game of the season and two sub appearances...other than that he looked completely lightweight and out of his depth every other time he played.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 10, 2017, 10:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from moosey_club

he wasnt any good for us, he played probably 180 mins of anything like the form he is showing now, the first game of the season and two sub appearances...other than that he looked completely lightweight and out of his depth every other time he played.

One has to ask why? He's not the first player to leave here and prosper elsewhere.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 10, 2017, 10:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

One has to ask why? He's not the first player to leave here and prosper elsewhere.

He's a year old and wiser....physically stronger maybe? A different style of play / tactics that suit him better?  Could be lots of reasons....

I'll just remember him as the lad who scored our first league goal for over 6 years and wish him well for the future ( apart from when he faces us of course )
Posted by: moosey_club, September 10, 2017, 10:56pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

Clearly its;

Nathan Clarkes fault
Russel Slades fault
Nottinghamshire Polices fault
John Fenty's fault

:P
Posted by: Abdul19, September 10, 2017, 11:43pm; Reply: 22
If you say so David
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 11, 2017, 5:27am; Reply: 23
Quoted from moosey_club

Clearly its;

Nathan Clarkes fault
Russel Slades fault
Nottinghamshire Polices fault
John Fenty's fault

:P

Paul Bignot?
Paul Hurst?
Theresa May?
Donald Trump?
Nigel Farage?
Posted by: Cloudy, September 11, 2017, 6:41am; Reply: 24
Jackson had something, raw pace.

If utilised correctly and given an encouraging arm round the shoulder there was always a decent footballer in there.

We seemed to have him isolated up front or playing out wide which was never going to give him the best chance.

He can run across the line well and if the pass is timed correctly he can cause havoc, still a youngster too.

Still, he was lightweight and shite
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 11, 2017, 7:13am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Cloudy
Jackson had something, raw pace.

If utilised correctly and given an encouraging arm round the shoulder there was always a decent footballer in there.

We seemed to have him isolated up front or playing out wide which was never going to give him the best chance.

He can run across the line well and if the pass is timed correctly he can cause havoc, still a youngster too.

Still, he was lightweight and shite

You got me really hoping he was still at Town, then I read the last line    ;D
Posted by: Maringer, September 11, 2017, 7:22am; Reply: 26
Perhaps he's now playing off a capable target man type of player? We never really had anyone really suited to that role last season, though Bogle obviously did well in the goalscoring stakes.

As others have noted, he might well be a bit stronger as well by now as being rather lightweight was his biggest weakness.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 11, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Marinerz93

They have a manager who knows this league inside out as well that helps.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:56pm