Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2017, 12:55am
So after yet another Gimpathon and the Salopfest, time to be a little more parochial.

I see that our neighbours (well most of yours but not mine as such) are top of the table with 5 wins in 5 and plus 11GD. They've done bloody well so far. Early days but they won away at a side that haven't been beaten at home in 49 games.

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/tables?division_id=35520
Posted by: mimma, September 8, 2017, 1:19am; Reply: 1
I notice that Chasetown are in their league.

They beat us 2-1 in the F.A. Trophy in 2011.

Are they the lowest ranked team to beat Town in a competitive game?

Also, Newcastle Town in the Evo-Stick South league, WTF?
Posted by: Henryscat, September 8, 2017, 1:54am; Reply: 2
It will be Newcastle under Lyme in staffs id imagine
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 8, 2017, 8:11am; Reply: 3
Well above Lincoln Utd yippee!!!!!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 8, 2017, 9:17am; Reply: 4
Bubbling along nicely but wouldnt be much higher before they start hitting the wall about ground issues would it ?

Does anybody know to what level/league standard the Bradley set up is rated for ?
Posted by: Cloudy, September 8, 2017, 9:23am; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
Bubbling along nicely but wouldnt be much higher before they start hitting the wall about ground issues would it ?

Does anybody know to what level/league standard the Bradley set up is rated for ?

Do they still have the aim of moving back to the Linden club?? Thought they had planning permission but maybe not the money?
Posted by: GrimRob, September 8, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 6
How much higher do they have to go before they become rivals?
Posted by: mimma, September 8, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 7
We could end up drawing them in the F A cup.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 8, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 8
Quoted from mimma

Not this season! ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 8, 2017, 10:48am; Reply: 9
Quoted from mimma

They lost at home in the FA Cup on Saturday just gone.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 8, 2017, 11:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from mimma

We already have. On 17-Nov-1885 we beat them 5-0 in the FA Cup.

Posted by: Civvy at last, September 8, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

We already have. On 17-Nov-1885 we beat them 5-0 in the FA Cup.

Was it a good match Barra ? 😉
Posted by: mimma, September 8, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 12
Would that have been played at the old ground in Abbey Road?

Apparently the game kicked off at 12:00 on police advice and the pubs remained closed.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 8, 2017, 1:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from mimma
Would that have been played at the old ground in Abbey Road?

Apparently the game kicked off at 12:00 on police advice and the pubs remained closed.

There were running battles in The Wheatsheaf car park apparently.   ;D
Posted by: totalidiot, September 8, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Cloudy

Do they still have the aim of moving back to the Linden club?? Thought they had planning permission but maybe not the money?

Received £50,000 last year from buildbase in a national competition which i think was enough to get them playing at the linden club,i believe they've been spending it lately on changing rooms and i think they are soon to be sorting the pitch out.

On another note Cleethorpes are joint top with Basford united who themselves have a decent striker in liam hearn who scored both the goals in their last match.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 8, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 15
If they keep getting promoted maybe they could ground share with the mariners.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 8, 2017, 6:27pm; Reply: 16
We can't have Clee Town getting close to GTFC can we ... how will the powers that be cope with that ???? UTO
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 8, 2017, 8:29pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from totalidiot

Received £50,000 last year from buildbase in a national competition which i think was enough to get them playing at the linden club,i believe they've been spending it lately on changing rooms and i think they are soon to be sorting the pitch out.

On another note Cleethorpes are joint top with Basford united who themselves have a decent striker in liam hearn who scored both the goals in their last match.

Might be worthwhile having a look.
Posted by: mimma, September 8, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 18
Town play in Cleethorpes and Cleethorpes play in Grimsby.

You couldn't make it up.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 19
I think Clee are upgrading the Linden Club facilities before they can move back there. Not sure what level it is currently eligible for - just comparing it to the local club at the same tier (Corinthian Casuals in the Isthmian League Div One South) I'd say it's below that (no covered seating).

So yeah, they're hitting that ground standard ceiling pretty soon, and you'd have to wonder how much further they could go without either a sugar daddy or a big increase in attendance (but JS Fenty is helping them out with the latter).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

There were running battles in The Wheatsheaf car park apparently.   ;D

Don't be ridiculous.

In the 1880s it'd be a coach (and horses) park
Posted by: lukeo, September 9, 2017, 7:40am; Reply: 21
Nice to see them doing well, wish them all the best.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 9, 2017, 9:28am; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I think Clee are upgrading the Linden Club facilities before they can move back there. Not sure what level it is currently eligible for - just comparing it to the local club at the same tier (Corinthian Casuals in the Isthmian League Div One South) I'd say it's below that (no covered seating).

So yeah, they're hitting that ground standard ceiling pretty soon, and you'd have to wonder how much further they could go without either a sugar daddy or a big increase in attendance (but JS Fenty is helping them out with the latter).

Clee have covered seating at Bradley and also have the facility to effect the same at Linden
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 9, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Cloudy

Clee have covered seating at Bradley and also have the facility to effect the same at Linden

I was talking about the Linden Club currently.

I see they won again today.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 9, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 24
Everybody needs good neighbours
Posted by: agrimevertonian, September 9, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 25
Not the best of performances today but 3 points and a pair of cracking goals...what they lack in skill is made up for in pride and effort!!!.....looking on twitter this evening i sense a few more Grimsby fans may be venturing to the Bradley instead of the park to take a look.....£7 to get in on this Wednesday as we entertain Stamford in another of the Lincolnshire derby games.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 10, 2017, 12:57am; Reply: 26
If Cleethorpes win promotion again, they'll be one league below the National League North.

They're a seriously well run club with a good manager at the helm. I don't know what their 'peak' level will be, but every day is a new adventure for them so I guess they should just keep on going and not think about it too much!

Whatever they're doing, it's working.
Posted by: BS baffles brains, September 10, 2017, 11:04am; Reply: 27
Do they need a ground, I understood NEL council where to build a Community Stadium
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 28
Please, please Cleethorpes, never, ever take any advice from Fenty, Lincoln did once and see how that went. Seriously all the best Cleethorpes, it's nice to see you doing so well and long may it continue.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:43am