Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, September 3, 2017, 9:44pm
After all the fuss over England only putting 4 past Malta, France couldn't score against the mighty Luxembourg at home.

Finished 0 - 0, and that is after they thrashed the Dutch 4 - 0 away.

It's a funny ol' game.
Posted by: Rick12, September 3, 2017, 9:54pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from mimma
After all the fuss over England only putting 4 past Malta, France couldn't score against the mighty Luxembourg at home.

Finished 0 - 0, and that is after they thrashed the Dutch 4 - 0 away.

It's a funny ol' game.
And to think Mbappe cost PSG 160 million probably more than the entire Luxembourg side

Posted by: LH, September 3, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 2
Aye, probably.
Posted by: Tommy, September 3, 2017, 10:18pm; Reply: 3
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/904448824017596420
Posted by: lukeo, September 3, 2017, 10:19pm; Reply: 4
That is crazy.
Posted by: LH, September 3, 2017, 10:25pm; Reply: 5
I'd be surprised if there isn't players in the French squad who get paid that for a day.

That twitter account is well worth a follow if you want to get really angry at the inequality in football finances, by the way.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 3, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 6
I wonder which one of the Luxembourg players cost the £20?  ::)
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 3, 2017, 10:39pm; Reply: 7

Can you imagine the slating England would have got in the morning papers if it was us !
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 3, 2017, 11:33pm; Reply: 8
I'd dock pogba's wages, absolutely shocking tonight
Posted by: springstomind, September 3, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 9
It's an embarrassment for them for sure, but they did have 34 shots, hit the bar twice and generally pepper the goal. When we played our team with ten men behind the ball we barely had a shot in the first half bar a Kane header. That France squad will destroy the majority of teams who don't put ten men behind the ball. They will likely get slated but they've been a better team than us since I can remember and England are pure dog egg every time I see them. Slap Southgate round the face, start Rashford, drop Livermoore, play two up top, try and instil some confidence in Sterling and we might be alright at the WC.
Posted by: barralad, September 3, 2017, 11:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from springstomind
It's an embarrassment for them for sure, but they did have 34 shots, hit the bar twice and generally pepper the goal. When we played our team with ten men behind the ball we barely had a shot in the first half bar a Kane header. That France squad will destroy the majority of teams who don't put ten men behind the ball. They will likely get slated but they've been a better team than us since I can remember and England are pure dog egg every time I see them. Slap Southgate round the face, start Rashford, drop Livermoore, play two up top, try and instil some confidence in Sterling and we might be alright at the WC.

No sorry you lost me when you said Sterling and WC in the same sentence...
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 4, 2017, 5:42am; Reply: 11
Quoted from barralad

No sorry you lost me when you said Sterling and WC in the same sentence...

I've said sterling and toilet in the same sentence several times 😉
Posted by: Rick12, September 4, 2017, 6:29am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy
Thanks Tommy for that

Didnt realise the whole Luxembourg cost so little

Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2017, 7:18am; Reply: 13
France would win that 999 out of 1000 times. This was the other 1. That's football!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 4, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
I wonder which one of the Luxembourg players cost the £20?  ::)

All of them....  bdum tssshhhh..........here all week  ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, September 4, 2017, 8:42am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
France would win that 999 out of 1000 times. This was the other 1. That's football!

Are you Lenny Lawrence ?
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 2:59pm