Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: midlandsmariner, September 2, 2017, 11:50am
Don't know if anyone was listening to radio 5 live this morning but the main news item all morning was about the FSF's concerns about standards of stewarding at football matches, following the incidents at Man City and Stevenage. Shortly after 7am they spoke to a Town fan called Darren who was at the Stevenage match. He explained that because he was a bit overweight and the steward couldn't feel inside his pockets(!) during the pre-match search, he was told to lower his trousers which he had to do  in front of other fans in the queue, much to his embarrassment!! A representative of the FSF was also on at the same time and she asked Darren to contact her off air.
The presenter read out Stevenage's original repsonse to the Trust's complaint- thankfully the FSF person was able to confirm on air that GTFC had robustly denied providing the intelligence which apparently led to the stewarding methods
Posted by: EY Mariner, September 2, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 1
Just listened to the clip. Not sure I can find the right words to say how disgusted I am.
Posted by: Skrill, September 2, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 2
What a mess, I can't fathom the thought processes of some of the stewards at Stevenage on that day..Darren's story is just one element to this scandal!

Intelligence of uncooperative behaviour? So having a female steward in the male toilets that visibly disturbed a youngster is the answer? Or checking female supporters bras? What a mess.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 2, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 3
Why don't they just put their hands up admit they got it wrong and apologize......................arrogant Southern w@nkers!
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 4:08am