Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 30, 2017, 8:54am
Fresh start, no injuries, no red cards.

What is your starting 11?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 30, 2017, 9:10am; Reply: 1
Batch, Moore D , Moore K, Crombie, Wiggington, Waters, Mitchell, Ford, Cummings, Drinkall, Kilmore..........if only!

Still too early to tell as we have had so many out but I would suspect.

Macca, Mills, Dixon, Collins, Clarke (just IMHO), Rose, Clements, Dembelle, Tombola, Vernon and Jones.      
Posted by: gtfc98, August 30, 2017, 9:14am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Fresh start, no injuries, no red cards.

What is your starting 11?

Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman    Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman     Nathan Jarman
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 30, 2017, 9:17am; Reply: 3
Macca

Mills
Clarke
Collins
Dixon

Rose
Clements

Dembele
Jones
Osborne

Matt
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 30, 2017, 9:22am; Reply: 4
I would put Drinkell in for Drinkall.  
Posted by: Grantley, August 30, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from jimgtfc
Macca

Mills
Clarke
Collins
Dixon

Rose
Clements

Dembele
Jones
Osborne

Matt

This, except McAllister for Rose.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 30, 2017, 9:56am; Reply: 6
I believe Slade as got players with height,pace,strength and ability to beat anybody in this league. Whether he plays the right system that suits them is another matter and as long as eleven players stay on the field we should hold our own.

He certainly as a big enough squad to choose from and up front more than enough options.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 30, 2017, 10:27am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jimgtfc
Macca

Mills
Clarke
Collins
Dixon

Rose
Clements

Dembele
Jones
Osborne

Matt

Interesting to see you've gone with the formation people are moaning about which slade is currently using
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 30, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 8
Quoted from gtfc98

Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman    Nathan Jarman   Nathan Jarman

Nathan Jarman     Nathan Jarman

Looks a good team, but should be a 4-3-3 IMO
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 30, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 9
Macca

Mills
Dixon
Collins
K.Osborne

Rose
Clements
J.Osbourne

Dembele
Asante
Jones
Posted by: Maringer, August 30, 2017, 10:46am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Interesting to see you've gone with the formation people are moaning about which slade is currently using

I suppose the question then is whether the introduction of Matt will enable the supporting three attackers to get into the game more and higher up the field. It might just be that he's enough of a physical threat to push their defence a bit deeper and put us more on the front foot. Asking a lot of a single player, however. Not to mention the fact that it would leave us with a load of strikers on the bench or in the stands!
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 11:15am; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Batch, Moore D , Moore K, Crombie, Wiggington, Waters, Mitchell, Ford, Cummings, Drinkall, Kilmore..........if only!

Still too early to tell as we have had so many out but I would suspect.

Macca, Mills, Dixon, Collins, Clarke (just IMHO), Rose, Clements, Dembelle, Tombola, Vernon and Jones.      

Moore D ?????
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 30, 2017, 11:22am; Reply: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

Moore D ?????

Can you not remember Demi Moore playing for us 'arry?  :)
Posted by: springstomind, August 30, 2017, 11:25am; Reply: 13
Macca

Mills
Collins
Clarke
Dixon

(Diamond in midfield)

Rose

Osborbe
Clements

Jones

Dembele
Matt
Posted by: pizzzza, August 30, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 14
Back to basics 4-4-2  

McKeown
  Mills Osborne Collins Dixon
Dembele Rose Osborne DJ
                Jones Matt
Posted by: Tommy, August 30, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 15
             McKeown
Mills Clarke Collins Dixon
       Rose Clements
Dembele Jones  Jaiyesimi
                 Matt

Think I'd probably have McAllister in there but don't know who I'd take out (Rose or Clements). Having said that I doubt he'll play for us again which is unfortunate.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 30, 2017, 2:18pm; Reply: 16
I think one of the problems will be how to get Jones and Jamey Osborne into the same side and where to play them. This is where I think the 4231 system could work well with them both as part of an attacking 3 with Dembele as well, and then DJ to come on as an impact player.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin

Can you not remember Demi Moore playing for us 'arry?  :)

If only I could, would have been nice to see the trainer run on with a wet sponge.
Posted by: Bigdog, August 30, 2017, 2:50pm; Reply: 18
Would loved to have seen

Henderson

Mills
Osbourne
Pearson
Andrew

Rose

Dembele
Osborne
Jones
DJ

Asante

Will go with

McKeown

Mills
Osbourne
Collins
Dixon

Rose

Dembele
Osborne
Jones
DJ

Asante
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 30, 2017, 2:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

Moore D ?????

Dave ......not our most distinguished FB but he fitted in that side
Posted by: Bigdog, August 30, 2017, 3:02pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Tommy
             McKeown
Mills Clarke Collins Dixon
       Rose Clements
Dembele Jones  Jaiyesimi
                 Matt

Think I'd probably have McAllister in there but don't know who I'd take out (Rose or Clements). Having said that I doubt he'll play for us again which is unfortunate.

I like the look of that nearly injury free side Tommy, apart from playing those two centre halves together..
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 30, 2017, 3:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bigdog
Would loved to have seen

Henderson

Mills
Osbourne
Pearson
Andrew

Rose

Dembele
Osborne
Jones
DJ

Asante

I'd agree there, imagine if we still had Bogle as well! We'd have got promoted with that side, but sadly we can't so I'd go

McKeown

Mills
K Osborne
Collins
Dixon

Rose
McAllister

Dembele
Jones
J Osborne

Asante

Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 30, 2017, 3:36pm; Reply: 22
I'm struggling to work out how anyone's best 11 contains Asante as he's only started 2 games for us.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 3:42pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'm struggling to work out how anyone's best 11 contains Asante as he's only started 2 games for us.

Same with McAllister who only started I think 4 games.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 30, 2017, 3:50pm; Reply: 24
And 3 of those were over a year ago.
Posted by: Bigdog, August 30, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sometimes you only need to see a player once or twice to know they've got something. My proof is my comments regarding Summerfield and Berrett in last season's Colchester (a) Just Back thread. First time I saw them in the flesh and I got both of them bang on...

Posted by: gtfc98, August 30, 2017, 4:21pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Bigdog

Sometimes you only need to see a player once or twice to know they've got something. My proof is my comments regarding Summerfield and Berrett in last season's Colchester (a) Just Back thread. First time I saw them in the flesh and I got both of them bang on...

Did you? Berrett has been the standout player in midfield for the last 2 games.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 30, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Bigdog

Which game did you see Asante in that gave you the 'something'?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 30, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 28
Macca

Dixon
Clarke (only because I haven't seen Osbourne)
Collins
Mills

Rose
Clement
Osbourne

Dembele
Asante
Jones
Posted by: Bigdog, August 30, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Which game did you see Asante in that gave you the 'something'?

On what I've seen of Asante and the rest of our untested forwards whether the odd game live or loads of clips. if all of them were fully fit I would choose Asante. a unit, decent touch, quick and composed in front of goal. I don't see what the problem is choosing him against the rest, It's not like I'm picking him instead of a Bogle is it?

And as for Berrett. If he's now the answer for our central midfield then we're really in the poo.. Just goes to show how far some fans have been driven down into the acceptance of mediocrity..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 30, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Bigdog

On what I've seen of Asante and the rest whether the odd game live or loads of clips. if all of them were fully fit I would choose Asante. a unit, decent touch, quick and composed in front of goal. I don't see what the problem is choosing him against the rest, It's not like I'm picking him instead of a Bogle is it?

And as for Berrett. If he's now the answer for our central midfield then we're really in the poo.. Just goes to show how far some fans have been driven down into the acceptance of mediocrity..

I'm just interested in how you've formed your impression of Asante. Was it in his two starts or his very brief appearances off the bench? Bearing in mind, his two starts were in the 4-0 defeat at Portsmouth and the 0-0 bore draw at Newport, I would hope it's not them.
Posted by: Bigdog, August 30, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm just interested in how you've formed your impression of Asante. Was it in his two starts or his very brief appearances off the bench? Bearing in mind, his two starts were in the 4-0 defeat at Portsmouth and the 0-0 bore draw at Newport, I would hope it's not them.

Jesus OC. I thought this thread was supposed to be a bit of fun. I've already given you my answer, you've quoted it in your last post. How about having a go at everyone who's picked Matt. He's not even put a Town shirt on yet.

I respect their views, as players careers actually do exist before they put a Town shirt on and the internet is rather a large place nowadays..
Posted by: Grimal, August 31, 2017, 2:56pm; Reply: 32
                                                           Macca
           Mills                    K.Osborne                   Collins                   Dixon

Rose                                               J.Osborne  

Dembele                                                                                                                DJ  
                                             Jones                   Matt            
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:18pm