Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, August 28, 2017, 2:39pm
Huge game this one, and  we don't have a great record against Crewe.  It's hard to see much changing at all sadly.  For Slade there is only so many times you can go on the back of the Grimsby Evening Telegraph and say there will be a huge response from the players..........  so far we have seen no response at all.  Yet again, if Slade has nothing to work with, what can he really do ?  Arsenal fans call themselves a club with no ambition, frigging hell, let them follow Town under the leadership of Fenty and witness a club with no ambition........  Not sure where Russ lives when he manages Town, but the rumour mill is rife about the amount of time he spends in the Bookies at Louth !!!!!!!......... ;) ;) ;)  Live and let live anyway, we are all entitled to enjoy ourselves by whatever means possible............. :) :) :)

I am still behind Slade and Wilko 100%, I just honestly believe the playing budget they have been given must be awful this season, and I believe we could be hanging on to league status by a thread this season.  Could any manager in the league turn our squad into a good outfit ?  Still, balderdash to everything, the sun is out, the fridge is full of cider so happy days......

UTM
Posted by: sam gy, August 28, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 1
Why even bother mentioning that thing about the bookies??

By rumour mill, do you mean a bunch of sad illegitimates. Who cares what the man gets up to in his spare time!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 2
Do people even go to bookies these days? We know Russ can use powerpoint, I'm sure he could fire up a bet365 account (although obviously he'd be unable to take advantage of the in play offers).
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 28, 2017, 9:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Huge game this one, and  we don't have a great record against Crewe.  It's hard to see much changing at all sadly.  For Slade there is only so many times you can go on the back of the Grimsby Evening Telegraph and say there will be a huge response from the players..........  so far we have seen no response at all.  Yet again, if Slade has nothing to work with, what can he really do ?  Arsenal fans call themselves a club with no ambition, frigging hell, let them follow Town under the leadership of Fenty and witness a club with no ambition........  Not sure where Russ lives when he manages Town, but the rumour mill is rife about the amount of time he spends in the Bookies at Louth !!!!!!!......... ;) ;) ;)  Live and let live anyway, we are all entitled to enjoy ourselves by whatever means possible............. :) :) :)

I am still behind Slade and Wilko 100%, I just honestly believe the playing budget they have been given must be awful this season, and I believe we could be hanging on to league status by a thread this season.  Could any manager in the league turn our squad into a good outfit ?  Still, balderdash to everything, the sun is out, the fridge is full of cider so happy days......

UTM

I hope he's not betting on Town to win.(book)
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 28, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

I hope he's not betting on Town to win.(book)

Even more hope he not betting on Town to lose.
Posted by: LH, August 28, 2017, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
The rumour mill* suggests he quite likes 'aving a bang on the card markets.

*I made it up.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 28, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
Do people even go to bookies these days? We know Russ can use powerpoint, I'm sure he could fire up a bet365 account (although obviously he'd be unable to take advantage of the in play offers).

Depends what the tottie behind the counter looks like  ;)
Posted by: Jaws, August 28, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 7
You can bet on other things than football.

Hope it's better than the last time we played them.

Some bloke turned up late when we were 3-0 down absolutely off his face and said he'd been out the urine with the players the night before. Judging by the performance there might have been an element of truth to his story!
Posted by: Mallyner, August 29, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from sam gy
Why even bother mentioning that thing about the bookies??

By rumour mill, do you mean a bunch of sad illegitimates. Who cares what the man gets up to in his spare time!

As long as he turns out to be a good bet for us.  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 29, 2017, 2:36pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Jaws
You can bet on other things than football.

Hope it's better than the last time we played them.

Some bloke turned up late when we were 3-0 down absolutely off his face and said he'd been out the urine with the players the night before. Judging by the performance there might have been an element of truth to his story!

Wasn't that the debut of the infamous Mr Forecast.

Edit - I'd forgotten we played them last season, had erased that game from my memory. I was thinking of the 0-4 home defeat the last season we played them in the league before we were relegated. (Shudder)
Posted by: Maringer, August 29, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 10
I seem to recall that drubbing by Crewe saw Tommy Forecast lobbed from about 3 yards out. Impressive, when you consider he was only standing a yard off his line and was 6'4"!
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2017, 2:44pm; Reply: 11
Just googled Forecast. He's still only 30 but is without a club and has only managed 34 league appearances in his entire career, the last one coming in 2013!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 30, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Abdul19

Bet Fred does.... ;)

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 30, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 13
Be looking at betting patterns concerning sending's off then lol  ONLY KIDDING. :) :) :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 30, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Be looking at betting patterns concerning sending's off then lol  ONLY KIDDING. :) :) :)

We weren't that far off another one last night as the ref had to speak to Collins (Capt.) about Sam Jones after he had already been booked then continued with a couple of rash challenges. :-/
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:06am