Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 26, 2017, 10:45pm
I'm not normally one for slating  individual players and will support anyone playing in the black and white shirt... but Sam Kelly.... deary me!!!

I just don't understand what he brings to the team. He's not strong, he's not quick, he can't pass, or cross, or shoot, he dithers on the ball until he loses it, he's not got a good enough first touch, he's not particularly skilful, he's not vocal, he's not a leader, he hasn't got a great deal of heart or fight, he isn't aggressive! Please somebody explain what he offers.

We looked much better after HT when DJ came on. That's twice he's been brought off at HT now... What is Slade seeing that we aren't?

I might be totally wrong here but IMO Sam isn't good enough for a starting place...or squad place for that matter give be Harry Clifton over Sam Kelly any day of the week! I don't tend to pay any attention to fans of players' previous clubs but seems Port Vale fans were dead on in they're assessment of SK!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 26, 2017, 11:02pm; Reply: 1
McAllister, Asante, Hooper & Kelly are, one way or another, taking money out of the club's budget without giving back. A club of our size can't afford that.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 26, 2017, 11:10pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters
McAllister, Asante, Hooper & Kelly are, one way or another, taking money out of the club's budget without giving back. A club of our size can't afford that.

That's a bit harsh on hooper today been very critical of him but today was his best game in the shirt and scored a well taken goal
Posted by: Grantley, August 26, 2017, 11:18pm; Reply: 3
TOC scapegoating Hoopa agen!!!! He carnt do that!!!!
Posted by: Grimbiggs, August 26, 2017, 11:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thats abit harsh on the first three , Hooper tried hard today, but was isolated most of the time and was feeding off scraps/dross. As for the first two, nobody wants to be injured, and McAllister in particular has been unlucky. In regard to Kelly, whilst it's early days, the jurys out, as he doesn't appear to offer much. 18 months down the line, we have yet to find a good enough replacement thats comparable to Nathan Arnold at least.
Posted by: chaos33, August 26, 2017, 11:28pm; Reply: 5
Nathan Arnold or Podge Amond. The club have done really well with this. Taking us f@cking backwards.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 26, 2017, 11:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But not berrett?..... ffs
Posted by: chaos33, August 26, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 7
Yes him as well.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 26, 2017, 11:36pm; Reply: 8
Hooper is too isolated but scored from nothing today during a good 10 minute spell.
Posted by: Tommy, August 27, 2017, 12:28am; Reply: 9
Hooper was alright today when we gave him some service and got the ball to his feet. Think he's severely lacking in confidence hence him giving the ball up to Rose to take the penalty, and then being out-ranked for a later free kick in a decent area that Dixon took. A confident no.9 wouldn't have given the ball up after having it in his arms to take the pen. Really, really good goal from him today - something Vernon doesn't really have in his locker tbh.
Posted by: Davec, August 27, 2017, 7:49am; Reply: 10
When Slade was appointed along with Wilkinson as assistant many people were saying how a fantastic appointment Wilkinson was as the assistant manager, Wilkinson rates Kelly very highly and Wilkinson will do anything possible to make Slade play him as often as possible, remember Wilkinson said in the telegraph that Kelly will take us to the next level, I think he meant upwards though and not down.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 27, 2017, 8:55am; Reply: 11
Think it's all a bit harsh singling out players at this stage of the season it's ridiculous really,for me I think it's more to do with formations at the moment nobody seems to know exactly what there doing or where they're meant to be playing and this playing 1 up front is no good no anyone Especially not at home S jones dembele Kelly are being shifted around all the time out of their positions and it's clearly not working,for me we are missing the spine of a team capable of getting to the the playoffs starting from a keeper,playmaker cm and a goalscorer that for me is what's lacking as currently what we have is not capable of achieving that playoff position, we showed fight with ten men to get back into the game y-day which says there is something there but it was against in my opinion an average team barring 2 players the red card situation is just embarrassing sort it out RUSS/WILKO as it's simply not good enough onto next week UTM
Posted by: mariner91, August 27, 2017, 9:20am; Reply: 12
I don't think it's unfair to say that Kelly has shown nothing in the four games he's played. He was subbed at half time in two and was the worst player in the only game where we played well.
Posted by: golfer, August 27, 2017, 12:58pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I'm not normally one for slating  individual players and will support anyone playing in the black and white shirt... but Sam Kelly.... deary me!!!

I just don't understand what he brings to the team. He's not strong, he's not quick, he can't pass, or cross, or shoot, he dithers on the ball until he loses it, he's not got a good enough first touch, he's not particularly skilful, he's not vocal, he's not a leader, he hasn't got a great deal of heart or fight, he isn't aggressive! Please somebody explain what he offers.

We looked much better after HT when DJ came on. That's twice he's been brought off at HT now... What is Slade seeing that we aren't?

I might be totally wrong here but IMO Sam isn't good enough for a starting place...or squad place for that matter give be Harry Clifton over Sam Kelly any day of the week! I don't tend to pay any attention to fans of players' previous clubs but seems Port Vale fans were dead on in they're assessment of SK!

Other than that what's wrong with him
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 5:29pm