Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kristine, August 24, 2017, 8:22pm
Most of you will already be aware from various media platforms but for those that aren't please see the following:

"Grimsby Town FC lost one of its loyal fans on Sunday 13th August. Martin Gilbert, passed away after a very short battle with cancer, having bought his latest season ticket only a few weeks earlier, unaware of what he would shortly be facing. The football club have kindly agreed to a minutes applause on 70 minutes (he turned 70 in May) this Saturday v Wycombe. He started watching the Mariners in the mid 50's and sat in the main stand for most of his later life. He was known to many people at the club and throughout the town and will be missed by everyone who knew him"

The family are asking for Mariners fans to show their respects for another one of the football family taken so suddenly.

#RIP
#UTM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 24, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 1
Unfortunately I am away on holiday, but I will stand about 4:30 and will reflect on another of our family passing away.

My thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

UTM
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 24, 2017, 10:30pm; Reply: 2
Excellent idea for one of our own. I didn't really want to mention this but in the statement " the club kindly agrees to a minutes aplause" do we have to ask the club for permission to clap and cheer now?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 24, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58
Excellent idea for one of our own. I didn't really want to mention this but in the statement " the club kindly agrees to a minutes aplause" do we have to ask the club for permission to clap and cheer now?

I'm sorry but Martin was a friend of mine and I find this post deeply offensive. Wrong time and place for this
We lost a true gent and fellow mariner
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 25, 2017, 7:38am; Reply: 4
I don't think he meant any offence Rob, but you're right, wrong time wrong place.
I will pay my respects on Saturday.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 25, 2017, 7:43am; Reply: 5
Sincerest respects Rob if my lack of time and place has upset you, it was not my intention at all.
Posted by: robborhino, August 25, 2017, 10:57am; Reply: 6
Doesn't take much to offend Rob so wouldn't worry about it
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:14pm