Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 21, 2017, 12:37am
Refused to play for Hartlepool at the weekend and looks to be off to Newport.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/craig-harrison-addresses-padraig-amond-s-hartlepool-united-future-as-league-two-side-open-talks-to-sign-the-striker-1-8711894

Fans not happy ;D

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61847&sid=3301552518e4d01432c14c015ac839ab

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 21, 2017, 1:14am; Reply: 1
unprofessional
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 21, 2017, 4:25am; Reply: 2
                                                                                       "Unbelievable Jeff."
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 21, 2017, 6:54am; Reply: 3
Ah the good old Poolie bunker what was it Grimsby our feeder club? Well you reap what you sow feckers enjoy!!!!!!
Posted by: lukeo, August 21, 2017, 7:30am; Reply: 4
helmet. You've signed a contract with a team, it's your fault along with the rest of the team you where relegated with so stick it out. He's still getting paid the same whether they stayed up or not so suck it up and stop being a little female dog.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 21, 2017, 7:38am; Reply: 5
I didn't think he was this type of lad. Unprofessional and unacceptable, whatever the circumstances. If he is unhappy, and knows another club is in for him, he should submit a written transfer request and give his all until the deal is done or he moves on. I wouldn't want to sign any player that had done this sort of thing before.
Posted by: jaygy, August 21, 2017, 7:46am; Reply: 6
Taken from the poolie bunker:

"So we've got players refusing to play, Franks' missus slagging the fans off before he's kicked a ball in anger, Blair Adams having a go at fans telling them to "get behind the flipping team", a manager who doesn't have a settled starting team or formation and players who are making mistake after mistake.

All this and we still keep turning up week after week. I genuinely think we're the most mental fans in the football league."

I don't think they've realised they're not in the football league anymore 😂
Posted by: RoboCod, August 21, 2017, 8:34am; Reply: 7
I'd actually forgotten about Amond and his situation at Pools. Unfortunately for him so did the rest of the League, it seems.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 21, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 8
Quoted from 75
I didn't think he was this type of lad. Unprofessional and unacceptable, whatever the circumstances. If he is unhappy, and knows another club is in for him, he should submit a written transfer request and give his all until the deal is done or he moves on. I wouldn't want to sign any player that had done this sort of thing before.

I did, remember we offered him a extension months before the end of his deal but he chose to look after himself and wait to see if we got up or not
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 21, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 9
Quoted from lukeo
helmet. You've signed a contract with a team, it's your fault along with the rest of the team you where relegated with so stick it out. He's still getting paid the same whether they stayed up or not so suck it up and stop being a little female dog.

That's not always true...

People will have in contracts a pay rise if promoted, and a pay cut if relegated
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 21, 2017, 8:53am; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I did, remember we offered him a extension months before the end of his deal but he chose to look after himself and wait to see if we got up or not

From what I've been told, he was looking to leave Town pretty much as soon as he signed.

I remember at Gateshead, we'd been beaten in the league. Amond came into the pub afterwards and apologised for the defeat. I thought that said a lot about him. We don't know the ins and outs, maybe he has been made promises which have not been kept but I cannot think of a set of cirmumstances that would warrant such action from Amond, perhaps if he hasn't been paid it would be acceptable.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 21, 2017, 8:59am; Reply: 11
Wonder if they fancy a swap with Hooper?  ;)
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2017, 9:05am; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Wonder if they fancy a swap with Hooper?  ;)

Go on Slade--ask them. What I.ve seen of Hooper as a  STRIKER it would seem  he's also on STRIKE
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 21, 2017, 9:06am; Reply: 13
Let's be fair he's better than any of the strikers we've got
Posted by: RichMariner, August 21, 2017, 9:10am; Reply: 14
I always thought Amond was well grounded and reasonable from the way he spoke in interviews - but, after a while, when you start to add things up, he just comes across as another footballer who has his head turned easily.

When Amond left us for Hartlepool last summer I questioned the actions of Hurst and GTFC, thinking they were the ones at fault.

But maybe they were right. Amond left, got relegated with Hartlepool and now he refuses to play so he can get the move he wants.

When you couple that with the way he rejected our contract extension mid-season, and then ran to Hartlepool last summer, he doesn't come across as someone who you'd want alongside you in a battle - despite all his obvious abilities.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 21, 2017, 4:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That's not the same though. He didn't go on strike!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 21, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 16
Bet Hurst would not touch him with a barge pole the way podge behaved during that close season was ungrateful and disrespectful.
Posted by: gobby, August 21, 2017, 4:36pm; Reply: 17
All this slating of him and I wonder did he have an escape clause saying he could move if relegated? Yes I would have him back. As for Hooper, he did actually work hard when defending corners and such and he got no service at all on Saturday so , give the guy a chance. 😎
UTMM
Posted by: Garth, August 21, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 18
I would not be to critical of Amond if he came back here, beggers cant be choosers and he knows where the net is
Posted by: chaos33, August 21, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 19
He asked Hartlepool if he could leave. They said no. He's brassed off about that.

He's better than every striker we've currently got.

From what I heard about his departure from Town, it's not the player you should be blaming. Hurst didn't rate him and wasn't bothered about keeping him.

Town won't re-sign him.

That's the end of that.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 21, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 20
I think it's hilarious what's going on with them.

A month ago, they thought they'd walk the league   ;D ;D ;D ;D Welcome to Non-League you set of Monkey Hanging illegitimates.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 21, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

A month ago, they thought they'd walk the league   ;D ;D ;D ;D Welcome to Non-League you set of Monkey Hanging illegitimates.

So nice to hear that someone has empathy with Hartlepool.  ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 21, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

The way things are going, you could be above them in the league pyramid next season Andy!  :)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 21, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

The way things are going, you could be above them in the league pyramid next season Andy!  :)

Don't tease me like that...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 21, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Abdul19

That's not the same though. He didn't go on strike!

Agree but he did look after himself which was my point
Posted by: Grimal, August 21, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Bet Hurst would not touch him with a barge pole the way podge behaved during that close season was ungrateful and disrespectful.

Someone on the poolie bunker thinks he could be on his way to the Shrews. Nothing surprises me in football but couldn't imagine Hurst wanting him.

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 21, 2017, 10:16pm; Reply: 26
Why not?? Hurst has everyone else who we thought he didn't like!! Watch them end up in the Championship  :B
Posted by: chaos33, August 21, 2017, 11:08pm; Reply: 27
Hurst wont sign him.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 21, 2017, 11:42pm; Reply: 28
Newport and Salford have both put bids in for him.

Salford will offer more £££
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 22, 2017, 7:05am; Reply: 29
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Newport and Salford have both put bids in for him.

Salford will offer more £££

Salford it is then!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 22, 2017, 7:10am; Reply: 30
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Have to say I like some banter with opposition fans and a few of them were funny BUT several of them were the lowest form of pondlife ever to visit this site and for that I wish them nothing but bad luck for at least a decade.Wait til early next year when they haven't had one away following over 100 but are still stuck in midtable ;D
Posted by: chaos33, August 22, 2017, 7:39am; Reply: 31
You have to think that the reason he's unhappy is because he wants to be playing in the league, so I can't see him being too keen on Salford, even though he lives in Manchester.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 22, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from chaos33
You have to think that the reason he's unhappy is because he wants to be playing in the league, so I can't see him being too keen on Salford, even though he lives in Manchester.

You'd imagine so, but some of the money they are throwing about for Conference North football is crazy.

They've got players there on 1.5k per week including Liam Hogan, Jack Redshaw & Emmanuel Dieseruvwe.

If they've don't win our league, then something has went horribly wrong. Saying that we beat them at their place, first game of the season 2-0  ;)
Posted by: Abdul19, August 22, 2017, 8:33pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree but he did look after himself which was my point

He could've snapped his leg the game after. Surely he'd have been looking after himself more by signing?

(Then he could've refused to play when we turned down his request to leave 6 months later ;))
Posted by: GTFCH, August 23, 2017, 5:30pm; Reply: 34
Probably mentioned elsewhere but he has signed for Newport. Can't help but think we should have had him back! He's different to what we already have I.e. a poacher/goalscorer. Would have needed to change formation to fit him in but even so it should have been done. Surely he'd have come to us over Newport.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 23, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 35
Newport...it's a little bit out of the frying pan into the fire.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 23, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 36
Slade heard he couldn't play up front on his own.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 23, 2017, 6:33pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Newport...it's a little bit out of the frying pan into the fire.

Not so sure, Newport had a good finish to last season and have started ok this season so I think they'll be safe this season.
Posted by: MarinerRob, August 23, 2017, 6:50pm; Reply: 38
Quoted Text
Amond, 29, has scored 45 goals in 90 League Two games and has left Pools after they were relegated to the National League last season.

On the BBC web site it says 45 goals in 90 league 2 games. Sounds good but utter tosh. Why don't they check their facts?  
Posted by: Abdul19, August 23, 2017, 6:53pm; Reply: 39
Probably written by Diane Abbot lolz
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 23, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 40
Newport preparing themselves for relegation by signing a prolific Conference goalscorer? Don't see a problem.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 23, 2017, 7:12pm; Reply: 41
Claims that he never refused to play. Not many Hartlepool fans on twitter believe him, funnily enough!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2017, 7:17pm; Reply: 42
Will score against us again then this season.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 23, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 43
I still like him anyway.
Posted by: chaos33, August 23, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 44
This makes me cross.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:22pm