Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 18, 2017, 5:49pm
Anyone know of a decent stream of the game tomorrow???
Posted by: chaos33, August 18, 2017, 5:59pm; Reply: 1
Streams are illegal, poor quality and riddled with malware and viruses. Just thought I'd say.

Carry on.....
Posted by: speedy, August 18, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from chaos33
Streams are illegal, poor quality and riddled with malware and viruses. Just thought I'd say.

Carry on.....

Most streams i watch are HD and certainly nothing to worry about if you have any half decent virus protection. Just thought i'd say.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, August 18, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 3
cricfree.sc
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 18, 2017, 7:59pm; Reply: 4
buy a VPN subscription and then you can pay £5 to stream it off the OS.
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 18, 2017, 11:17pm; Reply: 5
I've done the above for the first 2 games, except at no point has it charged me so far. Not sure why not though..
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 19, 2017, 8:02am; Reply: 6
Quick question, can the games be watched on "smart" tv or does it have to be iPad etc
Posted by: somersetmariner, August 19, 2017, 8:33am; Reply: 7
I tried to hook it up onto my TV via cables etc . No joy. On my mac no joy. So far just my phone 📱
Posted by: Poojah, August 19, 2017, 10:24am; Reply: 8
Quoted from somersetmariner
I tried to hook it up onto my TV via cables etc . No joy. On my mac no joy. So far just my phone 📱

I've managed to sideload the app on to an Amazon Fire stick - works reasonably well; good quality, full screen video. Takes a bit of messing about to get it installed but it's not difficult.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2017, 10:43am; Reply: 9
Quoted from somersetmariner

Don't you have a PC or laptop? A HDMI cable should connect to any modernish TV.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 19, 2017, 11:08am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah

I've managed to sideload the app on to an Amazon Fire stick - works reasonably well; good quality, full screen video. Takes a bit of messing about to get it installed but it's not difficult.

How have you managed that?
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 19, 2017, 11:15am; Reply: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How have you managed that?

He sideloaded it onto an Amazon Fire Stick, messed around a bit and then it worked... ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 19, 2017, 11:25am; Reply: 12
Quoted from SteffiMariner

He sideloaded it onto an Amazon Fire Stick, messed around a bit and then it worked... ;)

;D cheers!

The apps really good for the highlights and interviews but couldn't find it on my firestick.
Posted by: gtfcmd, August 19, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 13
where abouts on firestick / kodi would you be able to find any ideas
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 19, 2017, 1:10pm; Reply: 14
At what point does it actually attempt to charge you, just out of interest?
Posted by: Poojah, August 19, 2017, 1:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from gtfcmd
where abouts on firestick / kodi would you be able to find any ideas

You won't find it on the Firestick App Store as there isn't an app specifically designed for it. What you can do however is 'sideload' the standard Android app that you'd have on your phone or tablet.

It's a bit fiddly, but not very difficult. Here's how you do it.

1. First you need to change some settings on the Fire stick to allow you to install apps outside of the native app Store. Go to settings > system and set ADB debugging and allow apps from unknown sources to 'on'.

2. Next, you need to download an app called Downloader. Essentially it's just a web browser and you can get this directly from the Fire stick's app store - just search for it.

3. Once you've got that installed, you can use it to navigate to the following page and download the Town app:

https://m.apkpure.com/grimsby-town-official-app/com.neulion.efl0053

4. Simply download the file and install as normal. You can then launch the app and use it like you would on your phone. It'll only fill a small part of the screen to begin with but as soon as you watch a video it goes full screen in HD.

Final note: you may need another app called Mouse Toggle to allow you to use the app with ease. Again, it's easy - just repeat the above steps and download here:

https://www.allfreeapk.com/mouse-toggle-for-fire-tv,1426633/

Once installed you just double click the play button to bring up the cursor, and double click again to make it go away.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:07am