Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 16, 2017, 7:24pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-40953098
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 16, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sacked because of something that happened in his private life? I don't get that. Has every other Sky sports presenter had a blameless life?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 16, 2017, 7:41pm; Reply: 2
Or was he sacked for being convicted of a criminal offence ?
Posted by: jaygy, August 16, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 3
Found guilty of beating his girlfriend up......you expected him to keep his job?
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 16, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 4
Bringing your employer into disrepute, no option but to sack him. Don't think Sky would like a wife beater on their books.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 16, 2017, 8:24pm; Reply: 5
Seems odd that it says they are still together and that they both feel they have to appeal against the conviction ?  (Confused)

This case could have more twists and turns than his average piece of own 6yd box defending
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 16, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 6
Thank god they seem to have forgotten that he played for us
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 16, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 7
Who can ever forget that penalty he gave away after showboating in front of pontoon that cost us two valuable points,was it against Hereford?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 16, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from friskneymariner
Who can ever forget that penalty he gave away after showboating in front of pontoon that cost us two valuable points,was it against Hereford?

I thought it was Hartlepool, might be wrong though, but I definitely remember that.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 16, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Or was he sacked for being convicted of a criminal offence ?

If he and his partner succeed in their appeal will he be reinstated?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 16, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jaygy
Found guilty of beating his girlfriend up......you expected him to keep his job?

It was a domestic incident the outcome of which they are both appealing against. They are still together. None of us know all the facts, but couples fall out all the time, and sometimes it gets out of hand. They had a fight whilst under the influence. I wouldn't have sacked him for a domestic incident, no.
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 16, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 11
Loan spell ended straight after.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 16, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 12
One of Towns greatest ever players .............

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 16, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 13
Bet the Grimsby Telegraph will be able to wring every last drop of his local connection out of the story.  They love a bit of notoriety for the area.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 16, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 14
Great town servant .... he doesn't deserve the attention on here
Posted by: Meza, August 17, 2017, 9:31am; Reply: 15
There is alot missing.  Who's convicting who?  If the mrs was sueing then she would be able to drop the case.  Is this the defence im confused.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 17, 2017, 9:41am; Reply: 16
Pretty sure his girlfriend is Robbie Blake's ex wife (former teammate of Beagrie). This makes him even more of a scumbag. Can't stand the bloke.
Posted by: supertown, August 17, 2017, 9:52am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Meza
There is alot missing.  Who's convicting who?  If the mrs was sueing then she would be able to drop the case.  Is this the defence im confused.

I would guess Police attended a domestic assault, arrested and charged him,they have since made up and she wants to drop the complaint but domestic violence can't be dropped that easily and the CPS will still prosecute.

Just a guess though
Posted by: Maringer, August 17, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 18
I think the moral of the story is that you shouldn't punch your missus. A pretty good moral as well.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 17, 2017, 9:58am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Meza

Who's convicting who?(Confused)
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 17, 2017, 6:48pm; Reply: 20
But surely she would jave to give evidence - couldn't she just decline to comment and then the prosecution would have no case! This all seems very odd!

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of seeing him in a Town shirt - was he that bad?!? Good player is his day!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 17, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 21
I can only remember the hartlepool game, so my answer is yes!
Posted by: chaos33, August 17, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 22
He was ok. Nowt spesh.
Played his best football before we signed him.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 17, 2017, 7:55pm; Reply: 23

If he and his partner succeed in their appeal will he be reinstated?

Doubt it you only get 7 days to appeal after a dismissal.  
Posted by: moosey_club, August 17, 2017, 10:56pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
But surely she would jave to give evidence - couldn't she just decline to comment and then the prosecution would have no case! This all seems very odd!

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of seeing him in a Town shirt - was he that bad?!? Good player is his day!

He could turn his man inside out with a drop of his shoulder.....only problem was he would want to beat his man 2 or 3 times before crossing the ball so by that time the strikers had finished their runs into space but the ball didnt come in.......went from minor hero to massive Zero in the space of 20 seconds when defending in our box he sold his man a dummy to bring the ball out..turned back beat his man again to massive cheers...tried it a third time (maybe even fourth) lost the ball and gave away a penalty trying to get it back.....booed for the rest of eternity..
Posted by: supertown, August 18, 2017, 8:01am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

She probably made a statement at the time, before she retracted her complaint.they would use that
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 18, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 26
One of the most frustrating things for Police Officers must be going to a domestic.
Spending valuable hours taking statements. Removing the offender etc etc. Only for the claimant to decide they've changed their mind.  
I hope Beagre gets hammered and maybe the next time he decides uses his missus as a punch bag, they might both think about the consequences.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 11:40am