Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 16, 2017, 11:25am
This popped up and thought others might like to read. Basically details Fuller's partnership with Brentford.

http://www.sports4bars.com/news/fullers-signs-two-year-deal-with-championship-side-brentford-fc/
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 16, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 1
Good idea but no one at Club or Trust level has common sense to try and do things like this ;D
Posted by: Cloudy, August 16, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MrFisherman
Good idea but no one at Club or Trust level has common sense to try and do things like this ;D

What have you ever done for the club Mr Brains?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 16, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cloudy

What have you ever done for the club Mr Brains?

Brains brewery is in Cardiff I think - is there still a Stones in Grimsby or will we have to make do with Willys?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 16, 2017, 9:59pm; Reply: 4
Fairly straightforward 'partnership' I'd have thought. Local company teaming up with football club. Shades of Youngs and GTFC.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 16, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Fairly straightforward 'partnership' I'd have thought. Local company teaming up with football club. Shades of Youngs and GTFC.

Except the club dont sell Mariners Pie or fish fingers at the kiosks.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 16, 2017, 10:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

Except the club dont sell Mariners Pie or fish fingers at the kiosks.

I was thinking that. It would be nice. But there's probably some reason like why they don't do fish and chips.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 16, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 7

Young's is pretty excrement. In fact I have really gone off almost all cask ale in London because it's so often just plain awful. Rant suspended for a while.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 17, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Young's is pretty excrement. In fact I have really gone off almost all cask ale in London because it's so often just plain awful. Rant suspended for a while.

See what you did there. Not my favourite, but much preferable anything with 'craft' in the name. I read that word on a bottle and I move on to something else.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 17, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 9

See what you did there. Not my favourite, but much preferable anything with 'craft' in the name. I read that word on a bottle and I move on to something else.

If they can make their craft beer without resorting to massively over hopping then fine. Most of the hipster craft brewers seem to think an amazing beer = just add lots of hops. It doesn't help that IPA is my least favourite style of beer.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2017, 1:05am; Reply: 10
You're more tolerant than me SE1. I'm prejudiced on the basis of the word. 'Artisan' bakery and 'farmers' market being a couple of other examples.

That and when I tried some 'craft' beer in Bawston, Mass., back in the 90s it was Yank. And that's not just a reference to where it was from.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 18, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Years ago Youngs was decent (Ram Rod & special was particularly potent). Not had any for years mind
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 18, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 12
If only Town could strike up a partnership with Carlsberg Special Brew ...
Posted by: LH, August 18, 2017, 6:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Brains brewery is in Cardiff I think - is there still a Stones in Grimsby or will we have to make do with Willys?

Would be pretty funny if we had a joint sponsorship deal between Dong and Willy's.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH

Would be pretty funny if we had a joint sponsorship deal between Dong and Willy's.

Would fit perfectly with a ball game. And to be fair we've seen some c***s in our time.
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 18, 2017, 8:49pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If only Town could strike up a partnership with Carlsberg Special Brew ...

I thought they did under Mike Newell? 😊
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:04pm