Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: northbankmariner, August 12, 2017, 6:38pm
Well here we are, 2 games into the new season, in what may be a really close division this year. Ironically we have played the only team to have won both their games. Looking at today's results, Luton last weeks high scorers got beat, Yeovil on the end of that 8 goal hulimiation won today. This season will be impossible to call as so many teams are of an equal standard, town with a bit of luck could be up there this season but equally so can anyone it seems, any team that has a run of consistency will be right up there, home form will be the key and I feel we should play with 2 strikers at home.
With only one team managing back to back wins this could be an interesting unpredictable but very close season.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 12, 2017, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
I was thinking exactly the same thing on surveying the scores today.  Some unpredictable ones in there, like Luton losing to Barnet for example.  Coventry will be up there at the end of the season.

There's a long way to go and still lots of cause for optimism and should be a good game at Stevenage.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 12, 2017, 11:17pm; Reply: 2
Could be as tight as last year. What last year showed that if you win 3 on the bounce you end up in the play offs (providing you're not adrift at the bottom.) For me we could finish anywhere between 3rd and 22nd.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 12, 2017, 11:27pm; Reply: 3
We started iffy last season. Good win first game, then i think we lost the next three before finding our feet a bit.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:53pm