Berrett
Vernon
Cardwell

Change Berrett for Clements
Not sure if he'll start with the new lads and prob unearth them from the bench
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 10, 2017, 3:24pm; Reply: 2
Exactly that jarmo.
Posted by: Stew0_0, August 10, 2017, 3:30pm; Reply: 3
Think with Kelly injured we will start with DJ, but think we will stick with Berrett and Vernon with Hooper coming off the bench.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 10, 2017, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
              McKeown
Davies Clarke Collins Dixon
        Clements Rose
Jaiyesimi Jones Dembele
              Vernon

Bench: Killip, Osborne, Berrett, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Cardwell, Hooper
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 10, 2017, 3:43pm; Reply: 5
So we won at a promotion favourite last week and we're making unnecessary changes. Berrett is one of Slade's preferred team - some of you might not like it - but he is.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 10, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 6
stick with the team that won, with kelly injured probs the new lad DJ in, Vernon to start up top, he was excellent last week, why would you drop him?
Posted by: hheh2, August 10, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 7
                   Macca

Davies  Clarke  Collins  Dixon

Berrett  Rose

Dembele  Jones  DJ

Vernon

Killip
Osborne
Clements
Summerfield
Bolarinwa
Cardwell
Hooper
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 10, 2017, 3:52pm; Reply: 8
To drop Vernon and Berrett after performing so well at Chesterfield would be harsh and detrimental to squad morale in my opinion. The new lad's might be fantastic but they may also unsettle what Slade has built throughout pre-season if thrown in right away.

I think he'll introduce them slowly and give them the chance to earn their starting spots.

For me I'd go with;

Macca

Davies         Clarke      Collins      Dixon

Rose      Berrett

Dembele          Jones         DJ (if Kelly is injured)

Vernon

Subs:

Kilip
Keeble
Osbourne
Clements
Summerfield
Hooper
Cardwell

The lack of cover as full back does worry me. In a situation like this where we lose one though injury or suspension then we have no cover, unless there's someone I'm missing? I agree with a poster on another thread that we need a utility player who can cover multiple positions like a Magnay.

Could Dan Jones have been that player?
Posted by: lukeo, August 10, 2017, 4:21pm; Reply: 9
I have to agree, only the forced change should be made, with hooper on the bench
Posted by: Maringer, August 10, 2017, 4:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09
              McKeown
        Clements Rose
Jaiyesimi Jones Dembele
              Vernon

Bench: Killip, Osborne, Berrett, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Cardwell, Hooper

That would be my selection as well, providing everyone is fit. I think Berrett will get the shout ahead of Clements, however. Will Slade chuck the new lad straight in when he's only been here 5 minutes? Not too sure. A place on the bench might be more likely.
Posted by: sam gy, August 10, 2017, 4:45pm; Reply: 11
Clements missed a lot of pre season and is weeks behind the others in terms of match fitness/sharpness. I like him, but it goes without saying that i'd much rather have a fit Berrett than a half fit Clements in the starting line up.

Berrett is a good at whipping balls in from the corner/free kicks too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 10, 2017, 5:19pm; Reply: 12
Hooper has been with us for over a week so he might get the nod,

BUT

DJ will be eased in slowly so on the bench,

I am not sure what Russ will do although he knows better than us if the new boys are ready.
Posted by: oldun, August 10, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 13
I think we may see Jones in a wider right position, Dembele on the left and Hooper playing off Vernon.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 10, 2017, 7:27pm; Reply: 14
Same team as started on Tuesday but with Rose instead of Summerfield.

Would like to see the new lads at some point though.
Posted by: chaos33, August 10, 2017, 7:48pm; Reply: 15
Can everyone just take second and pause and reflect..............

We are discussing the line up for a home game with Coventry City having played Derby in the week! That's Coventry city! A proper league club, just like we are again now. Not Bromley at home, or Eastleigh , or f@cking Borehamwood!

It's ace being back in the league! Sometimes I have to remind myself how good that is after that long six years in obscurity😊
Posted by: Garth, August 10, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Same team as started on Tuesday but with Rose instead of Summerfield.

Would like to see the new lads at some point though.

Agree, if its not broke don`t fix it  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 10, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 17
And on the basis of last Saturday and a bit on Tuesday we might have a half decent team too!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 10, 2017, 8:06pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from chaos33
Can everyone just take second and pause and reflect..............

We are discussing the line up for a home game with Coventry City having played Derby in the week! That's Coventry city! A proper league club, just like we are again now. Not Bromley at home, or Eastleigh , or f@cking Borehamwood!

It's ace being back in the league! Sometimes I have to remind myself how good that is after that long six years in obscurity😊

We were saying just that today. We are playing Coventry and they will be bringing more fans than most non league clubs get as a home gate. It's great being back in the league and having matches with an edge to them. Can't wait.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 10, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 19
McKeown
Rose Berrett
Dembele Jones Kelly
Vernon

Subs:
Killip
K Osborne
Summerfield
DJ
Hooper
Keeble
Clements

I would like to see Hooper and DJ given half an hour from the bench to show what they offer.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 10, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

We were saying just that today. We are playing Coventry and they will be bringing more fans than most non league clubs get as a home gate. It's great being back in the league and having matches with an edge to them. Can't wait.

I'd hazard a guess that Coventry may bring more to this one game that the combined away support at Blundell Park in one season in non league. That'd certainly be an interesting bit of research... I may be way off but wouldn't be surprised if not.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 10, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 21
In 2015-16 (the promotion season) if you exclude Lincoln who brought 1799 that season amazingly, there was a combined total of 1492 fans, so there is a good chance that Coventry will out sell non league (minus Lincoln)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 11, 2017, 3:21pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mariner_09
In 2015-16 (the promotion season) if you exclude Lincoln who brought 1799 that season amazingly, there was a combined total of 1492 fans, so there is a good chance that Coventry will out sell non league (minus Lincoln)

Well they might have done but tickets have been removed from sale and not being sold on day and they have only sold about 1350 before they came off sale.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 11, 2017, 4:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I'd hazard a guess that Coventry may bring more to this one game that the combined away support at Blundell Park in one season in non league. That'd certainly be an interesting bit of research... I may be way off but wouldn't be surprised if not.

And in the 2014/15 season. Total number of away fans was 2569. If you take Lincolns 834 away then that's 1735 for the other 22 games!

Posted by: Mariner_09, August 11, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 24
What that showed is that Lincoln basically generated half of the total away revenue all the time we were in the Conference.
Posted by: fiveallive, August 11, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 25
Mckeown

Davies
Clarke
Collins
Dixon

Dembele
Rose
Berrett
Kelly

Jones
Vernon