Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 9, 2017, 2:31pm

Should be a decent gate on Saturday boosted by a large Coventry away following.

Predictions please..........
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 9, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 1
2-0 Town, Collins and Jones

MOM Dembele

All assuming that the lake on the pitch has drained away
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 9, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 2
4-2
Jones, Clements, Hooper (2)

4,877 (658 )
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 9, 2017, 2:53pm; Reply: 3
Town 2 Coventry 2

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 9, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 4
1-1 Vernon 5555 (1111)
Posted by: CRAWF MARINER, August 9, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 5
2-1 Vernon,Hooper
6100 .
Posted by: hheh2, August 9, 2017, 3:24pm; Reply: 6
1-0 Town

Rose
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 9, 2017, 3:28pm; Reply: 7
3-0
Jones, JJ , Dembele

1500 Coventry
Posted by: londonmariner2, August 9, 2017, 4:02pm; Reply: 8
1-2  Coventry 5842  (1143 Coventry)

Davies goal for Town
Posted by: Abdul19, August 9, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 9
0-1

Kilcline 22

5678 (1701)
Posted by: lukeo, August 9, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
Grimsby 2-1 Coventry
Dembele Jones

4,120 home fans
1,650 away fans
5,770 fans altogether
Posted by: Grumps, August 10, 2017, 1:25pm; Reply: 11
2-1 Town

Jones
Dembele

Posted by: carrot top, August 10, 2017, 1:42pm; Reply: 12
3-1 Town
7130 (1620 away)
Posted by: northbankmariner, August 10, 2017, 1:56pm; Reply: 13
Am going for Coventry to win 2-0, think they will be quite strong and have just a little bit more quality than us.

Hope I am wrong though and town can get something from the match to send a decent sized crowd home happy.
Posted by: Grimal, August 10, 2017, 2:07pm; Reply: 14
Town 2  -   Coventry 2
Jones & Hooper.
Beavon & McNulty
6467  (1725 of them)
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 11, 2017, 3:47pm; Reply: 15

Town  2-1  Coventry

Att...........6,160     (1,342 away)
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 11, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 16
Town 2 (Jones,Davis) Cov 1(don't care)
6459(1450)
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 11, 2017, 9:56pm; Reply: 17
Think we'll be able to soak up pretty much anything they throw at us. I expect us to defend deep and utilise the pace of Jones, Dembele etc on the break and a front four of DJ, Jones, Dembele and Hooper would be frightening on the break I'd imagine.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 12, 2017, 1:28am; Reply: 18
GTFC 2 - 1 Coventry
Hooper, Vernon
7129, 1623 away
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 6:24am; Reply: 19
I predict we will either win, lose or it will be a draw  ;)

Us 1,350 tickets sold before they wouldn't let us buy any more.
Home 6,000.

The game? Start of the season so will be interesting. Our midfield is solid. The defence isn't bad either. Our new GK looks very good. McNulty could be out. He lost his front teeth last weekend. But Beavon will be there to terrorise your defence. Most probably won't score. Jones, a young lad, will run at you. And he has a good shot on him. He could only manage 3 goals last week  ;D Then we have Andreu. Released by Norwich and signed by us last week. Big and strong. Should cause you problems all day if he plays. Was wanted above our level but decided to play for us.

We kept Notts County to a shot that hit the post and a long range shot that was an easy one for our GK. Are they any good?

You had a good win last weekend. But it wasn't against one of the top sides and the stats were well in their favour. But as I said too early in the season to know.

I think we will command the midfield. Our defence will cope with most thrown at them. Expecting the high ball to keep coming at us to nullify our midfield. If you put numbers in our half we will hit you on the break. Have you got fast defenders? You will certainly need them.

0-2 Coventry. But a decent hard fought game.
Posted by: GYRanger, August 12, 2017, 6:30am; Reply: 20
1-1

Dembele.

Att-6251
Posted by: chaos33, August 12, 2017, 6:38am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Astute
I predict we will either win, lose or it will be a draw  ;)

Us 1,350 tickets sold before they wouldn't let us buy any more.
Home 6,000.

The game? Start of the season so will be interesting. Our midfield is solid. The defence isn't bad either. Our new GK looks very good. McNulty could be out. He lost his front teeth last weekend. But Beavon will be there to terrorise your defence. Most probably won't score. Jones, a young lad, will run at you. And he has a good shot on him. He could only manage 3 goals last week  ;D Then we have Andreu. Released by Norwich and signed by us last week. Big and strong. Should cause you problems all day if he plays. Was wanted above our level but decided to play for us.

We kept Notts County to a shot that hit the post and a long range shot that was an easy one for our GK. Are they any good?

You had a good win last weekend. But it wasn't against one of the top sides and the stats were well in their favour. But as I said too early in the season to know.

I think we will command the midfield. Our defence will cope with most thrown at them. Expecting the high ball to keep coming at us to nullify our midfield. If you put numbers in our half we will hit you on the break. Have you got fast defenders? You will certainly need them.

0-2 Coventry. But a decent hard fought game.

Blimey, you really are astute if you've managed to deduce all of that from one game! Well done.

I don't generally do the prediction thread, but I'll say 'both teams to score' and a 7000+ crowd.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 12, 2017, 7:02am; Reply: 22
Astute been watching the Carlsberg advert m8 ???
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 7:35am; Reply: 23
If only I knew how to quote on here  ::)

Like I said start of the season. But we have Doyle back. He was Portsmouth's captain and star player last season. We have one of our youth products next to him. Looks like they will have a good partnership together. Another of our players is 6'4". And he can also jump. He won every ball in the air and there was only a couple of times that it never went to one of our players.

Then you have Slade as manager. He doesn't have a plan B. And half the time his plan A doesn't work. One of the reasons we did so badly last season. It took Robins a few games to get our players playing together and not like headless chickens like when he took over. Slade will get away with it in this Division. But Robins is better than this level.

So yes I know what we can do. But not seen Grimsby play for a couple of years now. So can't comment about the way you play or who you have to stop us from playing.
Posted by: A.l.f., August 12, 2017, 7:40am; Reply: 24
3-2 Davies, Jones and Collins 7005
Posted by: totalidiot, August 12, 2017, 8:59am; Reply: 25
Should be beating teams like this at home so im going for 3-1

Dembele
Jones
Cardwell

Att 6075
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 12, 2017, 9:16am; Reply: 26
Quoted from totalidiot
Should be beating teams like this at home so im going for 3-1

Dembele
Jones
Cardwell

Att 6075

Same for me except JJ for Cardwell
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 27
Teams like this?

We outplayed Notts County last week. They are expected to finish in the top half. We won 3-0 but could easily have got more. And now we have signed a Championship player who plays AM and scores goals. So if he plays today he will improve us even more.

I hope you try to pin us back in our half. If you do you had better have some very fast players. Because we do.

I wouldn't be too upset with a draw. Would settle for 4 points from the first 2 games. But a win is the aim.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 12, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 28
Notts County were gash last season and they are expected to finish top half by whom?

You'd think that after all your relegations, you would have learnt not to underestimate the opposition. You are in League 2 for a reason and just like us when we dropped to the conference, don't underestimate the strength of the opposition. Robins has had as many failures as successes, same as Slade and you could be calling for his head before the end of the season. See what happens before you crown yourselves champions for beating Notts County.

One of the fans on your forum said that you should roll us over easily as we are relegation favourites. Well that's news to us because we were only a couple of wins outside the play offs last season and we have improved. All a bit Billy big bollox.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 12, 2017, 9:46am; Reply: 29
2-2 draw. Summerfield and Sam jones. 6923 attendence with 1342 from cov
Posted by: ginnywings, August 12, 2017, 9:51am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Hagrid
2-2 draw. Summerfield and Sam jones. 6923 attendence with 1342 from cov

I also said 2-2 when out last night pi$$ed, so will stick with that.
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 10:11am; Reply: 31
Who has said that I expect us to win Ginny? I said that I would be happy with 4 points from the first 2 games.

Slade was awful. Robins hasn't failed badly like Slade. He had us at the top of the table before being poached.by Huddersfield. They wanted instant success so gave him the push. Since Robins has come back we have won the tin pot trophy at Wembley, got is winning again with the same players Slade failed badly with and has now put a good squad together for Division 4.

We are all the same. I don't know your players. You won't know most of ours. It is too early in the season for that. But I know what our players can do. Not heard a thing about your players though.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 12, 2017, 10:16am; Reply: 32
You'll know the names Dembele and Jones after today.  ;)
Posted by: totalidiot, August 12, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Astute
Teams like this?

We outplayed Notts County last week. They are expected to finish in the top half. We won 3-0 but could easily have got more. And now we have signed a Championship player who plays AM and scores goals. So if he plays today he will improve us even more.

I hope you try to pin us back in our half. If you do you had better have some very fast players. Because we do.

I wouldn't be too upset with a draw. Would settle for 4 points from the first 2 games. But a win is the aim.

Yes and we played chesterfield away and they are easily more likely to finish higher than notts county,chesterfield also have one of the leagues best strikers in o grady,grimsby could also of scored five last week so what we didn't,just like you didn't.

Your new signing is not a championship player,he is now a league 2 player and i haven't heard of championship or league 2 sides rushing to sign him.

As for fast players then yes,we have the fastest and most skilful player in the league and his name is dembele so what you have is of no concern to us really.

There seems to be a bit of a billy big bollox attitude to the teams that have come down this year.

Also lots of your fans saying this and that about slade,well lets remember he's done a good job managing a superior side to yours and just because he did a poor job for you doesn't mean he can't do well for other clubs.

So yes i do expect our team to beat yours,we are at home and should be doing so.
Posted by: LH, August 12, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 34
1-1. Jones with ours. 6100ish attendance. Expecting a good game today so I hope I'm not disappointed.

I really should be more used to it by now but I'm so pleased we're playing against a club that I haven't had to google who they are and where it is today.
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 35
Notts county are playing Chesterfield today and are evens favourite to win.

Will Dembele be chasing our wingers and forwards all day?

I would love Grimsby to go up with us. I have been going to some of your games for nearly 30 years. One of my lads is a STH with you. Win lose or draw I will be back on here after the game. It is good to get your opponents perspective on how you are doing and give some back. I have been truthful on our players. If you beat us today you will have a good side that can go places.
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 12, 2017, 10:47am; Reply: 36
Town to win 2-0 and sit top of the league tonight.
Posted by: immariner, August 12, 2017, 10:56am; Reply: 37
Tight 1-1 draw I think. Crowd about 6500.

Gotta get right behind the lads today and have sore throats tomorrow!
Posted by: Meza, August 12, 2017, 11:00am; Reply: 38
2-1 Grimsby

JJ Hoops
Jones

6987, 1457 away

Last time i saw town v coventry Garry Birtles planted a freekick straight into the top corner.  I was 18 and stood on the handrail begind the goal.  

Steve Ogrizovic could only watch....Kilcline could only watch.....Speedie jumped but could only watch as ball flew inyo the net lol.
Posted by: Mariner47, August 12, 2017, 12:00pm; Reply: 39
2-0 Town. The new guys to bag both of them. UTM
Posted by: buckstown, August 12, 2017, 12:03pm; Reply: 40
2-1 Town, Jones and Berret
Hope RS has printed some of the garbage from the Coventry forum for his team talk and the boys are up for it. Nice to give the mighty Coventry's slide down the football helter skelter another gentle push. Then they might realise they are in league two because their club has a serious disease. Probably not until they start a "no disrespect to the likes of Grimsby" thread.
Oh and sadly a spot of trouble I suspect with Coventry fans locked outside
Posted by: Grimal, August 12, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 41
It's about time Coventry police sorted their own hooligan element out, I heard somewhere that a floozy was seen riding a horse through their city bo!!ock naked, what sort of behaviour is that, Disgusting. ;)  UTM.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, August 12, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 42
Town 2-1, Jones and Dembele...6444 (1444 away)
Posted by: Astute, August 12, 2017, 1:41pm; Reply: 43
Buckstown....

We know we have a serious disease. Looks like it could be terminal. It is called SISU.

What website are you on about?  You have found one I don't know about. Not seen any disrespect. Yes some think we will win. But a higher percentage on here think you will win. So is that disrespecting us even more?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 12, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 44
A draw.
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 12, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 45
Expecting a loss and would take a point.

Our back four have a combined age of about 650 and looking at highlights Cov look very fast and tricky going forward.

3-1 Coventry
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 12, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 46

Correct score predictors today   :(   (0-2)

northbankmariner

Astute

Closest overall attendance prediction  (6,767)

Hagrid  (6,923)

Closest away attendance prediction  (1,357)

Astute  (1,350)

Posted by: northbankmariner, August 12, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from promotion plaice

Correct score predictors today   :(   (0-2)

northbankmariner

Astute

Closest overall attendance prediction  (6,767)

Hagrid  (6,923)

Closest away attendance prediction  (1,357)

Astute  (1,350)

Hate the fact I called this right.

😡
Posted by: Astute, August 13, 2017, 5:26am; Reply: 48
Does that get me a bag of chips from Harry Ramsdens? (thumbup2)
Posted by: Abdul19, August 13, 2017, 7:50am; Reply: 49
That's Guiseley ;)
Posted by: lukeo, August 13, 2017, 12:32pm; Reply: 50
;D
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 5:03pm