Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: UTMariners, August 7, 2017, 10:51am
On the whole I thought it was a really good atmosphere on Saturday, but what is it with the beer throwing behind the stands.  I watched some women and children walking past the big group by the bar, cowering to try and avoid it.  I've no problem with the raucous behaviour but it's out of order throwing full pints with no care about who is going to get hit.  Sadly I think it might put a few families off from going to the bigger away games.

Posted by: jaygy, August 7, 2017, 11:28am; Reply: 1
It may just be me getting old but I worry about how much money is being wasted! 😂
Posted by: gtfc98, August 7, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 2
I don't understand the logic of buying a pint of beer for £4 and then throwing it all over someone. Drink it for felicitations sake.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 7, 2017, 11:57am; Reply: 3
I have a cunning plan.  I will fill up plastic glasses with tap water. I am prepared to swap two for one with any beers.
The 'lads' get twice as much to throw about and I get p1ssed up for feck all.

Anyone got the phone number for Dragons Den ?  ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, August 7, 2017, 12:09pm; Reply: 4
yellow liquid in a plastic pint glass might not be all it appears to be... ??)
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, August 7, 2017, 12:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last
I have a cunning plan.  I will fill up plastic glasses with tap water. I am prepared to swap two for one with any beers.
The 'lads' get twice as much to throw about and I get p1ssed up for feck all.

Anyone got the phone number for Dragons Den ?  ;D

Hahaaa! Brilliant (clap2)
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 7, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

And in a plastic glass should be easy to recognise if it's body temperature !!!!
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 7, 2017, 12:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jaygy
It may just be me getting old but I worry about how much money is being wasted! 😂

Yes we saw one Town getting a round in, a large round admittedly, but it was £55!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 7, 2017, 12:24pm; Reply: 8
I've tasted some of the "beer" sold in football grounds. They might not be as daft as some think.  ;)
Posted by: Grim74, August 7, 2017, 12:28pm; Reply: 9
Some of these young lads can't manage a full pint so it's more fun to just launch the rest.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 7, 2017, 1:10pm; Reply: 10
I've gone to away games for years with my old man but he's well into his 70's now and just doesn't like the rowdy atmosphere at away games any more. Don't get me wrong I think our away support is absolutely magnificent, but the away day has changed for sure, and it doesn't suit everyone.
Posted by: LH, August 7, 2017, 1:18pm; Reply: 11
Loads of the rowdy ones appear to forget how a queue works once they've had a beer too. A few people were getting fed up of waiting and then being pushed in front of so were turning back and going to their seat. Admittedly this might not have been a problem if more staff had been working the bars. I think there was six staff for a potential queue of 2000 which didn't seem enough (my only complaint of the day in what was actually quite a good ground).
Posted by: madness2010, August 7, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

Too right, took my missus to her first madness gig at Donny races years ago, told her to wear a fez and she said p*ss off, she found out later as the hail of plastic glasses full of yellow liquid started to rain down!, shes always worn a fez since
Posted by: mariner83, August 7, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LH
Admittedly this might not have been a problem if more staff had been working the bars. I think there was six staff for a potential queue of 2000 which didn't seem enough

If only they'd had some way of knowing how many were turning up ::)
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 7, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 14
About as barmy as the clowns that ran on the pitch, one in front of us wanted to take those dumb Chesterfield fans on in the stand to the right and had to be man handled by several plod.

At least one banning order is on its way. :-/
Posted by: Grimal, August 7, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from madness2010

Too right, took my missus to her first madness gig at Donny races years ago, told her to wear a fez and she said p*ss off, she found out later as the hail of plastic glasses full of yellow liquid started to rain down!, shes always worn a fez since

Why would someone want to put a playstation game on their head ?.No wonder your missus said p*ss off.  Didn't know what a FEZ was ,so just googled it . ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, August 7, 2017, 9:17pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Grimal

Why would someone want to put a playstation game on their head ?.  Didn't know what a FEZ was ,so just googled it . ;)

You've never heard of Tommy Cooper then     :)

Posted by: Grimal, August 7, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

You've never heard of Tommy Cooper then     :)

The name rings a bell,just remind me ,who did he play for . ;)  Juz like that.  ;D

Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 8:50am