Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, August 6, 2017, 9:48am
Ok. So all we ever did when Bogle was here was week in and out discuss when he would be sold. We now have Dembele who again it seems is an exciting talent going places. Instead of threads and polls week in week out on when he's going to leave . Let's embrace the present enjoy his talent and let everything else take it's course because all we do  is get everyone down with the gloom of the inevitable long before it may really happen.
Posted by: LH, August 6, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 1
Ner. We want Barca to spend a huge chunk of that £200M on him. Just think how many centre midfielders we could buy with that!
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 6, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 2
I'm with you Vinny.

Are you the offshore Vinny?
Posted by: 137 (Guest), August 6, 2017, 10:21am; Reply: 3
Ermmm...but if several Town fans - who happen to be Fishy posters - want to discuss it....well, this is a forum for such things.

More pertinently, I wouldn't get gloomy about Dembele's hypothetical departure. It's win-win surely: he (presumably) advances his career,
and we get (hopefully) plenty of the folding stuff.

BUT we don't know how saleable a commodity we've got, until we discover how he handles the rigours of league football week-in week-out.
Posted by: tarka, August 6, 2017, 10:35am; Reply: 4
Well....IF he keeps up that level of performance (and it's a big if!) the scouts will be sniffing in no time at all. He is a game changer and appears to have a fantastic attitude...he tracks back, doesn't shirk a challenge and seems to be regarded highly by his teammates. The only question is whether or not he is physically up to being clogged week in, week out!
Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 6, 2017, 10:50am; Reply: 5
So was he injured yesterday?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 6, 2017, 11:21am; Reply: 6
Get him on a long contract. That was one the best football league debuts I've ever seen.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 6, 2017, 11:31am; Reply: 7
He was  good yesterday very good
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 6, 2017, 11:33am; Reply: 8
There were several scouts at our Wigan game,

I noticed ( I was sat to the left of them and slightly above ) every time Dembele got the ball,

They was putting notes down on their pads,

He will progress but not until he helps us to a promotion or two. 8)
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 6, 2017, 11:39am; Reply: 9
It seems clear that slade knows how to get the best out of players and improve them . Dembele needs to do it week in week out before we all get too excited . If he was that good he would of gone to lg1 at least
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 6, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 10
Also kayden Jackson was a world beater after the Morecambe game last season
Posted by: mariner91, August 6, 2017, 11:45am; Reply: 11
Quoted from fleabag1970

Don't be daft, they're not remotely comparable players.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 6, 2017, 11:52am; Reply: 12
Im not comparing the player I'm comparing the fans excitement
Posted by: Cloudy, August 6, 2017, 12:31pm; Reply: 13
Hypothetical but say he has a stormer on Tuesday and again on Saturday. A Championship club makes a bid of £2m before deadline day.
We all know the club would snap their hands off
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 6, 2017, 12:39pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from fleabag1970

He did the same for Stanley yesterday, that's his annual goal scored then!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 6, 2017, 12:40pm; Reply: 15
I think people are getting a bit carried away. He's played 60 mins of first team football in his entire career. There's many a player had a great impact first season and then faded into oblivion. Bogle was different as he had consistently scored goals every season and every level he went up. As soon as he did that in the league, it was clear that the scouts would come sniffing. We were just discussing the inevitable on here and as someone said, it wasn't doom and gloom knowing he would be gone at some point. I'm glad he went and hope Dembele does the same at some point as that is the way to survive financially at our level.

Slade is no mug, he knows the score and i think a 1 year deal with the 1 year option is the best thing for all concerned.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 6, 2017, 1:26pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Cloudy
Hypothetical but say he has a stormer on Tuesday and again on Saturday. A Championship club makes a bid of £2m before deadline day.
We all know the club would snap their hands off

Fuckinghell he's played one game. Just enjoy him. He hasn't even got a Wikipedia page yet  ;D
Posted by: Hertsmariner, August 6, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 17
Well perhaps I/we am/are getting carried away a little prematurely, but a player who excites as he does when he sprints away on a mesmerising, mazy run with the ball seemingly tied to his toes, is not seen too often in these parts!
But his all-round game looks pretty good too; tracking back to win the ball with determined tackling and just being a perfect nuisance when not in possession, are not the least of his qualities.
Personally, even though it's early days, I would put him in the potential 'wunderkinder' class.  
My advice would be, if you haven't seen him yet, just go and watch him and make up your own mind...  
Posted by: golfer, August 6, 2017, 7:10pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from tarka
Well....IF he keeps up that level of performance (and it's a big if!) the scouts will be sniffing in no time at all. He is a game changer and appears to have a fantastic attitude...he tracks back, doesn't shirk a challenge and seems to be regarded highly by his teammates. The only question is whether or not he is physically up to being clogged week in, week out!

What we need is a strength and conditioning coach :)
Posted by: mariner83, August 7, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 19
Quoted from golfer

What we need is a strength and conditioning coach :)

That's the last we'll hear from Golfer then (hide1)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 7, 2017, 3:49pm; Reply: 20
Slade has said we want to keep him and may look at extending his contract to more than the two years in the next few weeks.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 7, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Slade has said we want to keep him and may look at extending his contract to more than the two years in the next few weeks.

Wonder if we've ever handed out an extended contract based on 1 competitive game? He was fantastic on Saturday until he tired so I can see exactly why we'd want to.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 7, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from gtfc98

Wonder if we've ever handed out an extended contract based on 1 competitive game? He was fantastic on Saturday until he tired so I can see exactly why we'd want to.

I know, but it's the sort of forward thinking that's been missing on occasion. I can't believe he played like that on debut.
Posted by: Brazilnut, August 7, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 23
Can you imagine how he felt ...... Nike acadamy  one season 2600 fans singing his name first game the next season
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 8:50am