Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 4, 2017, 4:56pm
And counting we will have a insight of what is to come let's all hope we are coming home with big grins on our faces but if it does not go to plan let's not get straight on the backs after all we are used to slow starts
Up the mariners onwards and upwards
Posted by: Cloudy, August 4, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from crusty ole pie
And counting we will have a insight of what is to come let's all hope we are coming home with big grins on our faces but if it does not go to plan let's not get straight on the backs after all we are used to slow starts
Up the mariners onwards and upwards

Win lose or draw it will not define for certain where we will finish come May
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 4, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Cloudy

Win lose or draw it will not define for certain where we will finish come May

But 3pts will go a long way towards it.  #UTM
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, August 4, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 3
With a tough two opening games home and away I cant see how we would judge where we will end up based on either game tbh, after 10 games and the end of the transfer windows maybe but definitely  not at 5pm tomorrow for me.
Posted by: rancido, August 4, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 4
I will make my judgement at the end of the season.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 4, 2017, 5:38pm; Reply: 5
Any points earned tomorrow are just as instrumental in our final position as those earned at any other time of the season
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 4, 2017, 5:38pm; Reply: 6
Any points earned tomorrow are just as instrumental in our final position as those earned at any other time of the season
Posted by: sam gy, August 4, 2017, 5:39pm; Reply: 7
With a tough two opening games home and away I cant see how we would judge where we will end up based on either game tbh

Me neither, but i'm sure there are some on here who won't have a problem doing that!
Posted by: sydney, August 4, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 8
But want to happy in the car on way home
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 4, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 9
Getting in excited now, it's like Christmas has come early
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 4, 2017, 6:23pm; Reply: 10
Why shouldn't 2 tough opening games have a bearing on how we do, it shows how good we are compared to 2 other teams thats may be in the promotion race. I'll be happy if we simply dont get hammered. Wishing I had decided to go with Son Of now.
Posted by: grimps, August 4, 2017, 6:54pm; Reply: 11
Have we sold out ?
Posted by: Grimsby2012, August 4, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
Sorry, but all this balderdash comments sayings "Win, Lose or Draw" I'd be happy. Well, i wouldn't. I want Grimsby to win every game. I don't care if it's the first, second, or last game of the season. Every game should be seen as 3 points. It baffles me when people say they don't care if we draw or lose the first game or two.....
Posted by: Bigdog, August 4, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 13
There's been too much looking down their noses from fans of other clubs in this division over the summer to GTFC. Every club is in this division for a reason and Coventry apart there's not a massive disparity in size of any of them. We all start the season not really knowing how it's going to pan out. I applaud our fans for being modest and realistic. I'm just hoping that RS really gels this new group of players. This is one of his strengths as a coach. A team is a sum of all parts and how all those parts work in harmony.

Months down the line I hope results go our way and fans of other teams start respecting and maybe fearing us a bit more. After last season I think our fans deserve more and I hope we get it.

I hope you all enjoy the season and come May we have something unexpected to celebrate..
Posted by: denni266, August 4, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 14
Bad timing , but will be cruising the norfolk broads for a week looking for a good radio signal  :(
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 4, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 15
If we lose tomorrow, sack Slade, clear the boardroom out and pay the full load of playing staff(donkies) off for a whole new start.
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 4, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 16
no one is saying they don't care, because we all care, but if we lose tomorrow lets not go over the top and start getting on the teams back, lets not start with the cheap option. Bargain basement, Pearson would have done better shite,i know its a lot to ask from some because some only post when we loose  but it serves no use at all, after all were all Town aint we.UTFM
Posted by: TAGG, August 4, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 17
balderdash to all that yap THE SEASON HAS STARTED ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽👍👍👍👍
Posted by: Cloudy, August 4, 2017, 7:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Sorry, but all this balderdash comments sayings "Win, Lose or Draw" I'd be happy. Well, i wouldn't. I want Grimsby to win every game. I don't care if it's the first, second, or last game of the season. Every game should be seen as 3 points. It baffles me when people say they don't care if we draw or lose the first game or two.....

Who has said that?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 4, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from newarkmariner
no one is saying they don't care, because we all care, but if we lose tomorrow lets not go over the top and start getting on the teams back, lets not start with the cheap option. Bargain basement, Pearson would have done better shite,i know its a lot to ask from some because some only post when we loose  but it serves no use at all, after all were all Town aint we.UTFM

Think you pug better than I did
Posted by: moosey_club, August 5, 2017, 1:17am; Reply: 20
As a club, every man woman and child should be wanting/aiming to win, starting a season with the attitude of.."as long as we are in contention come Xmas" ....."play offs as a minimum".............."happy with a draw"................if the team has that train of thought then why bother ?!?

Accept failure...expect failure.

UTM

Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 5, 2017, 1:33am; Reply: 21
We're at Rebellion in Blackpool so having to give Chesterfield a swerve.
Hopping on the tram to Fleetwood wetherspoons early doors just to give Fleetwood and Rotherham a bit of "Up the Mariners" before the first band's on at the Winter Gardens.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:04pm