Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimps, August 4, 2017, 6:49am
They seem to think that the Vikings are coming to rape and pillage on Saturday

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=60590&st=0
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 4, 2017, 7:14am; Reply: 1
I read through all that too; although I am in Beijing I listen in to every game and the reports of trouble seem extremely rare and usually to do with home matches against particular teams who bring some attitude with them. Am I missing something? I can remember some incidents over the last couple of years where drinking fans got very boisterous in the town centre (Sheffield, was it?) and trashed a street or a pub (and of course I am against that) but where are Chesterfield getting all this from, other than the 70's and 80's? Seems simply to be massive exaggeration to me, but I could be wrong I suppose
Posted by: MarinerMal, August 4, 2017, 8:02am; Reply: 2
They probably think the film "Grimsby" was a documentary.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 4, 2017, 8:17am; Reply: 3
Bit late now but that could have been our theme
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 4, 2017, 8:21am; Reply: 4
Speaking of themes do we have one for tomorrow?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 4, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 5
Yes smash and grab three points
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 4, 2017, 8:36am; Reply: 6
Come all without, come all within, you'll not seeing nothing like the smash and grab.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 4, 2017, 8:57am; Reply: 7
Classic message board stuff. The other team's fans are all hooligans because 7 of them caused a scene in 1923 and I hate hooligans. However I hope 'our' brave boys kick their heads in.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 4, 2017, 9:05am; Reply: 8
It's our cup final apparently. What cup do we get when we beat them?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 4, 2017, 9:11am; Reply: 9
Well I hope it's a great day, no trouble, a lot of fun and hopefully 3 points to us. That's all I can say.
Posted by: Tommy, August 4, 2017, 9:18am; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
It's our cup final apparently. What cup do we get when we beat them?

If it's a cup final everytime we take a good following, we must have played in about 6 cup finals last season. Bet the trophy cabinet's creaking with all these cup finals we have.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted by: Garth, August 4, 2017, 9:28am; Reply: 11
Simple people simple minds, if they looked at our record for the past few seasons they would see that its only a few mindless idiots that get into trouble, still I suppose it looks bad when we go tooled up with inflatables wearing fancy dress.
Seems like panic has set in on their board for whatever reason, Mail, Sun and Star readers I suppose ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, August 4, 2017, 9:32am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy

If it's a cup final everytime we take a good following, we must have played in about 6 cup finals last season. Bet the trophy cabinet's creaking with all these cup finals we have.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The laugh is that they reckon they might get 7000 if we take 2000. Massive club.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 4, 2017, 10:06am; Reply: 13
Seem to remember Chesterfield involved in clashes after the Johnsons Paint tropy in 2014 ! And some pretty thuggish stuff going on between their 'Ultras' and Cardif a year or two before that. And always tedious fighting when they meet 'rivals' Mansfield.
I'll take those three examples and forego their thousands of decent fans and well behaved games and declare them a bunch of thugs forever.
Just hope the Town fans make it back alive, with those brutes turning up to see real away support.
Posted by: LH, August 4, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 14
Our trophy cabinet would be creaking with trophies except we've been mostly excrement in the actual cup finals we've played in!
Posted by: gytone, August 4, 2017, 10:40am; Reply: 15
Rape and pillage, sounds good to me  :P
Posted by: mariner83, August 4, 2017, 11:54am; Reply: 16
Have to laugh, moaning about our hooligan element whilst saying things like:
Quoted Text
If they show off round town I hope they get taught some manners.

Quoted Text
HOPE THEY COME ON KOP so they can be taught some more

::)
Posted by: Grim74, August 4, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Garth
Simple people simple minds, if they looked at our record for the past few seasons they would see that its only a few mindless idiots that get into trouble, still I suppose it looks bad when we go tooled up with inflatables wearing fancy dress.
Seems like panic has set in on their board for whatever reason, Mail, Sun and Star readers I suppose ;D

Definitely hand wringing Guardian readers!
Posted by: Reverendmariner, August 4, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 18
It's quite fun being labelled a "knuckle-dragging scroat"...... :)
Posted by: mariner83, August 4, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Reverendmariner
It's quite fun being labelled a "knuckle-dragging scroat"...... :)

;D
Posted by: lukeo, August 5, 2017, 9:25am; Reply: 20
I don't get to many big local games anymore living in the south west, but I get to games like Fgr, Exeter etc and our fans although loud are always well behaved and joyful etc. It's funny how it's teams close by that say these things yet teams such as Exeter, Newport etc fans all say good things about us.
We travel in numbers, we are loud, we are proud. Have fun everyone today. UTM
Posted by: grimps, August 5, 2017, 10:01am; Reply: 21
Its just their excuse for never bringing half as many fans to our place
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 5, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 22
Has it kicked off yet ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 5, 2017, 10:49am; Reply: 23
Quoted from lukeo
I don't get to many big local games anymore living in the south west, but I get to games like Fgr, Exeter etc and our fans although loud are always well behaved and joyful etc. It's funny how it's teams close by that say these things yet teams such as Exeter, Newport etc fans all say good things about us.
We travel in numbers, we are loud, we are proud. Have fun everyone today. UTM

Could it be that the trouble causers don't go that far (at least not to cause trouble)?
Posted by: mariner83, August 5, 2017, 6:48pm; Reply: 24
Lots of love for our fans on Twitter this evening... :-/
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 5, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 25
Another cup final won, the old trophy cabinet will have to be extended.
Posted by: grimps, August 5, 2017, 7:00pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from mariner83
Lots of love for our fans on Twitter this evening... :-/

Have you got a link ?
Posted by: mariner83, August 5, 2017, 7:13pm; Reply: 27
Main culprit Take a look at Ashley Smith (@ashsmith1990): https://twitter.com/ashsmith1990?s=09
Posted by: mariner83, August 5, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 28
[Tweet]893879248389320704[/tweet]
Posted by: mariner83, August 5, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 29
[Tweet]893890523311767553[/Tweet]

Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 5, 2017, 7:32pm; Reply: 30
"Sugar puff teeth" kin brilliant!
Posted by: LH, August 5, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 31
How dare they! My teeth look like a burned fence.
Posted by: wigworld, August 5, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 32
To be fair, they have a point. I'm sure they have their fair share of the same, though.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 5, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 33
Show us your teeth keith
Posted by: mariner91, August 5, 2017, 8:10pm; Reply: 34
If anyone has got sugar puff teeth, I'll be happy to sort them out.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 5, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 35
Chesterfield is also full of scumbags. It was the heroin capital of Britain for a while and i don't know why people are surprised at the hooligan element that all clubs attract. There is a certain percentage of numb nuts at every club but our away support is large, so that percentage equates to quite a few.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 5, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 36
We should ask them when we will get presented with the cup, seeing as it was our cup final. The 5000 odd home fans make them such a bigger club than us.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 5, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
We should ask them when we will get presented with the cup, seeing as it was our cup final. The 5000 odd home fans make them such a bigger club than us.

If taking amazing away support means it's your cup final. We would need a bigger trophy cabinet than Old Trafford and Stamford bridge combined !!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 5, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 38
as far as i am aware the day passed off without any real incident, spent a couple of pre match  pleasant hours in The Mill at Brimington, chatted with the locals and had a cracking day out over all....hopefully all the tubthumping worries and hysterics on their 14 page anti GY thread will now end and once they have de-boarded their windows and taken the chastity belts off their offspring we can come away with a bit of respect for turning up in numbers, backing the team, out performing their pathetic home support and enjoying the day out.

Great day out. UTM
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 5, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 39
To be fair, after 2 intresting train rides there and back with several changes there seemed to be several groups of loudmouthed, crude, drunk, unable to talk civil or quietly with whole carrage being able to hear the filth they where shouting about, drug taking, chavvy scumbag Grimsby "fans"

Not even worth saying owt to them either, prob just get a smack on the nose for my trouble.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 5, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 40
By the way did anyone stay around to see us lift the trophy after winning our "cup final" ;)
Posted by: mariner83, August 5, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 41
[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][IMG]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sport/won-the-trophy-smiley-emoticon.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 6, 2017, 12:07am; Reply: 42
Quoted from moosey_club
as far as i am aware the day passed off without any real incident, spent a couple of pre match  pleasant hours in The Mill at Brimington, chatted with the locals and had a cracking day out over all....hopefully all the tubthumping worries and hysterics on their 14 page anti GY thread will now end and once they have de-boarded their windows and taken the chastity belts off their offspring we can come away with a bit of respect for turning up in numbers, backing the team, out performing their pathetic home support and enjoying the day out.

Great day out. UTM

it was pretty hysterical what they did on their site and sounds 99.9% unwarranted. wouldn't it be ace if this translates into a bumper home crowd for the Coventry game? That is what usually happens early season on the back of a good win, if I remember correctly. Then all we have to do is keep the run going :-)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 6, 2017, 5:06am; Reply: 43
Quoted from BeijingMariner

it was pretty hysterical what they did on their site and sounds 99.9% unwarranted. wouldn't it be ace if this translates into a bumper home crowd for the Coventry game? That is what usually happens early season on the back of a good win, if I remember correctly. Then all we have to do is keep the run going :-)

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup win now followed by a half decent draw in the next round would generate some numbers into BP.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 6, 2017, 5:12am; Reply: 44
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup win now followed by a half decent draw in the next round would generate some numbers into BP.

I'd completely forgotten about that to be honest, but yes, of course you are right. And we beat them last year anyway, so it's not impossible :-)
Posted by: chaos33, August 6, 2017, 5:51am; Reply: 45
We lost 1-0 to Derby last year did we not?
Posted by: Garth, August 6, 2017, 8:02am; Reply: 46
Fu k Chesterfield their history now and just another rung on our ladder of success
Posted by: lukeo, August 6, 2017, 8:07am; Reply: 47
Coventry should surely sellout the away end? If I was Town's commercial department I'd milk the fact derby and Coventry are ex Premier clubs and announce everywhere about the two games 'against ex Premier league opposition' might get a fee arm chair supporters to pop along.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 6, 2017, 10:32am; Reply: 48
Quoted from lukeo
Coventry should surely sellout the away end? If I was Town's commercial department I'd milk the fact derby and Coventry are ex Premier clubs and announce everywhere about the two games 'against ex Premier league opposition' might get a fee arm chair supporters to pop along.

Stretching it a little bit there ..... :o

Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 6, 2017, 12:13pm; Reply: 49
I had a couple of pints in a lovely ale pub close to the ground. Fans from both clubs mixing and chatting about football. I didn't see any trouble.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 6, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 50
Been in chesterfield a few times, I think they need to sort out their coco pop teeth from all the smack running through their clogged up veins
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 6, 2017, 3:02pm; Reply: 51
Chesterfield one of the friendliest towns I have been to.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, August 6, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 52
[quote=120845]

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup

Isn't this the trophy no body wanted to play in on principle last season? Have things changed and we're  supposed to get behind the team now?

Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 6, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
[quote=120845]

If we beat Derby Tuesday that will also get numbers up, I think that would be a massive result but I sense a cup

Isn't this the trophy no body wanted to play in on principle last season? Have things changed and we're  supposed to get behind the team now?

No the Derby game is a league cup game and perfectly acceptable to attend
Posted by: pizzzza, August 7, 2017, 6:55am; Reply: 54
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
[quote=120845]

You're thinking of the Checkatrade Trophy, the game v Derby is League Cup.
Posted by: Garth, August 7, 2017, 8:23am; Reply: 55
Quoted from pizzzza

You're thinking of the Checkatrade Trophy, the game v Derby is League Cup.

I will be disappointed if the crowd falls short of 6000 after Saturdays result
Posted by: Cloudy, August 7, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 56
4000 tops imo
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 7, 2017, 9:40am; Reply: 57
Interesting that they all are giving Macca alot of praise!

made 3 very very good saves, and organised the defence superbly all game
Posted by: moosey_club, August 7, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 58
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Interesting that they all are giving Macca alot of praise!

made 3 very very good saves, and organised the defence superbly all game

Chesterfield played the sort of game that suits Macca's style, we all know what we would consider his weaknesses and what are his strengths and i dont think Chesterfield did much of the stuff he is weak at.
A couple of good reaction saves and a fantastic charge down/smother when their guy was in on goal at 0-0, if that had gone in then who knows...hopefully that will settle him down, give him his confidence to start the season with.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 7, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 59
Makes me laugh how 2600 GY fans are called everything from a pig to a dog for their behaviour yet they then gloat about a GY fan being laid out.I think this lot are the most whiney bunch I have ever come across and what a shame it would be if they got relegated.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 7, 2017, 1:39pm; Reply: 60
Be worth keeping an eye out for their Mansfield fixture, specially as the Stags are getting all uppity with their big cash splurge. Could get heated. Any trouble from Chesterfield fans and I want the entire ground shut down and all their fans exporting to Guantanamo Bay Clacton.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:25pm