Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 3, 2017, 4:55pm
So I was wondering, with the new season only 48 hrs away and the excitement building will we be having any new songs this season, has anyone come up with anything for Dembele or are we going to keep with what we have,here's hoping that the Pontoon stop singing everywhere we go at home its embarrassing (its a bloody away song)
P.s  does anyone else think that Sam Kelly looks like Albert Steptoe ;)UTFM
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 3, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 1
I've had David Bowie's "Revell, Revell" in my head since reading Alex Revell as a potential signing.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 3, 2017, 5:20pm; Reply: 2
How about if we are close to promotion near the end of the season,

Woke up this morning,
Feeling fine,
We got promotion, on are minds,
Sladey taking us up,
Like he said he would,
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 3, 2017, 6:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Woke up this morning,
Feeling fine,
Sladey taking us up,
Like he said he would,

Are you the one that has written our recent Eurovision Song Contest entries?
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 3, 2017, 6:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Woke up this morning,
Feeling fine,
Sladey taking us up,
Like he said he would,

Hate that song, it'll be a sad day if I ever hear the once loud and intimidating Pontoon sing that.
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 3, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 5
Wow red crosses for asking about songs, some people really are pathetic
Posted by: northbankmariner, August 3, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 6
Olliegtfc has a point, an old easy to sing classic would do the job. Look at palace when they sing glad all over, or stoke singing Delilah,you can include Sheffield wed and wolves for adapting hi ho silver lighting. Their fans really belt it out, and am quite envious when I hear it, yes they have more numbers but the song is their identity.

We don't necessarily need a song, the clap clap fish was ours but has died a death as no real passion by the non singers to join in.

Whatever songs come up, if it's not catchy and easy to sing it will not have the following to make it heard and make an impact.

I haven't got the answer by the way but I'm sure the right one is out there.
Posted by: mariner83, August 3, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 7
Woah Dembele bambalam

Quoted from northbankmariner
Olliegtfc has a point,

[url=http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/26/manchester-united-fans-break-out-new-chant-in-efl-cup-semi-final-6409038/]http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/26/manchester-united-fans-break-out-new-chant-in-efl-cup-semi-final-6409038/[/url]

And for that reason it's a no from me.

Also weren't Mansfield fans singing it at our place last season?
Posted by: immariner, August 3, 2017, 10:45pm; Reply: 8
Regardless of what songs we sing, can I make just one iddy-biddy request:- that they get sung a little slower? All too often chants are rushed, are over before they've had a chance to catch on and sound awful. Classic example being 'Mariners', which is what it is now, as opposed to 'Maaaaaariiiiiiners', which is what it should be.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2017, 11:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from immariner
Regardless of what songs we sing, can I make just one iddy-biddy request:- that they get sung a little slower? All too often chants are rushed, are over before they've had a chance to catch on and sound awful. Classic example being 'Mariners', which is what it is now, as opposed to 'Maaaaaariiiiiiners', which is what it should be.

Agree totally. And the 'choir' often run out of steam quickly too. Nice steady pace gets there - rushing doesn't.
Posted by: Henryscat, August 4, 2017, 12:40am; Reply: 10
Quoted from mariner83
Woah Dembele bambalam

[url=http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/26/manchester-united-fans-break-out-new-chant-in-efl-cup-semi-final-6409038/]http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/26/manchester-united-fans-break-out-new-chant-in-efl-cup-semi-final-6409038/[/url]

And for that reason it's a no from me.

Also weren't Mansfield fans singing it at our place last season?

And united stole it off FCUM who've been singing it for years

Posted by: bedders78, August 4, 2017, 6:35am; Reply: 11
"Oh Dembele" fits Tender quite nicely if we fancy breaking that out again
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 4, 2017, 6:41am; Reply: 12
What ever we sing Saturday we have to get right behind the boys from the off and as for the pontoon singing it seems to have died in there in what was once a rocking stand ????
Posted by: benny_the_docker, August 4, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 13
Oh, Siriki Dembele!
To the tune of la bamba is a song I can't get out my head! I'm sure some more musically minded mariners could carve out a song to that!
Posted by: Mallyner, August 4, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from benny_the_docker
Oh, Siriki Dembele!
To the tune of la bamba is a song I can't get out my head! I'm sure some more musically minded mariners could carve out a song to that!

We could all throw in a line, mine would be 'Steve Evan's fat belly.'  :)

Posted by: mariner83, August 4, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 15
Dembele's gonna getcha :-/
Posted by: Abdul19, August 5, 2017, 7:37am; Reply: 16
I don't know what the words could be, but we should do something to 'Sloop John B' as this is a woefully underused tune.
Posted by: LH, August 5, 2017, 7:53am; Reply: 17
Bring back the old days when all of our players had their name chanted to Pigbag regardless of how many syllables it had.
Posted by: marinerrick, August 5, 2017, 8:32am; Reply: 18
I think it seems to have died since lad with the drum hasnt been in attendance as much. Find new lad maybe
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 5, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 19
Quoted from newarkmariner
Wow red crosses for asking about songs, some people really are pathetic

Some are really sensitive too.   ;D
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 5, 2017, 10:39am; Reply: 20
Dembele he plays for Grimsby,
He might be small but he's fuckingg class

https://youtu.be/n7mUtHyrMgQ

Or summat like that to this. I can't imagine many other clubs  are using that  ;D
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 1:02pm