Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BraintreeTFCKitman, August 2, 2017, 10:23pm
Braintree Town FC needs your help! We need Grimsby Town Fans to sign our Petition as our council
​are looking to build houses on our home ground I'll send you the link this is the link to it https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/help-save-braintree-town-fc?bucket&source=facebook-share-button&time=1501540488
Posted by: MarinerMart, August 2, 2017, 10:30pm; Reply: 1
Done. Good with the fight 😊
Posted by: mariner91, August 2, 2017, 10:46pm; Reply: 2
Good luck.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, August 2, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 3
Done good luck
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 2, 2017, 11:16pm; Reply: 4
Me too. Best of luck BTFC.
Posted by: livosnose, August 2, 2017, 11:44pm; Reply: 5
Done but had to do it under a fake name as no,one believes I'm Steve Livingstone
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 2, 2017, 11:49pm; Reply: 6

Done, good luck.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, August 3, 2017, 12:15am; Reply: 7
Signed ,
Best of luck but knowing how crap councils are ( well NELC ) especially I won't hold my breath
UTM- UTI
Posted by: Grimal, August 3, 2017, 12:48am; Reply: 8
Signed, good luck to Braintree Town FC.
Posted by: wiggers, August 3, 2017, 5:45am; Reply: 9
Done, good luck.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, August 3, 2017, 6:40am; Reply: 10
Signed. Good luck.
Posted by: jaygy, August 3, 2017, 7:41am; Reply: 11
Signed. Good luck with your fight
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 3, 2017, 8:07am; Reply: 12
Quoted from livosnose
Done but had to do it under a fake name as no,one believes I'm Steve Livingstone

I'm ed Winchester
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 3, 2017, 8:08am; Reply: 13
Done, good luck
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2017, 8:23am; Reply: 14
Two things......

The council arent actually looking to build on your home ground are they so your opening gambit isnt true. Its the surrounding facilities they are proposing to build on,  land that they actually own and currently lease to you.

Lets face it building houses on what is an awful ground and terrible pitch would be doing football a favour, providing of course your club could exist elsewhere.    

If they take your parking do you think that the effect on the existing local residents streets and the new houses they propose may actually strengthen local support for the council to do something and find you a new place ? Might actually work in your favour ?

Posted by: mariner83, August 3, 2017, 10:41am; Reply: 15
Signed - all the best.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 3, 2017, 11:01am; Reply: 16
Signed best of luck
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 17
Just a pub team from Essex, they could play on the local rec', no one would notice the difference
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2017, 11:27am; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
Two things......

The council arent actually looking to build on your home ground are they so your opening gambit isnt true. Its the surrounding facilities they are proposing to build on,  land that they actually own and currently lease to you.

Lets face it building houses on what is an awful ground and terrible pitch would be doing football a favour, providing of course your club could exist elsewhere.    

If they take your parking do you think that the effect on the existing local residents streets and the new houses they propose may actually strengthen local support for the council to do something and find you a new place ? Might actually work in your favour ?

That's the crux of the issue isn't it though.

And yes it is a shite pitch with poor facilities but it's all they have so to say it would be doing football a favour is arrogance of the type we'd hate from bigger clubs fans who we've had abuse from.

Posted by: barralad, August 3, 2017, 11:44am; Reply: 19
Quoted from moosey_club
Two things......

Teams like FGR who are trying to buy success get roundly criticised on here with some justification. Braintree do not have to my knowledge a mega rich "sugar daddy" willing to pump endless funds into their coffers. In spite of that they came within an Omar super-header of a trip to Wembley and a real shot at making the Football League. That must be the dream of thousands of volunteers and fans at countless non-league clubs across the country. For me it is what football and progression is all about. To see a real chance of that being snatched away by something unrelated to football on top of all the other hurdles clubs face must be utterly gut wrenching.
I wish them nothing but success with this petition and would urge as many as possible to share the hell out of the petition link all over social media.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, August 3, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 20
Signed...good luck
Posted by: heppy88, August 3, 2017, 12:53pm; Reply: 21
Signed. All the best.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 3, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 22
Signed. Good luck.
Posted by: Mallyner, August 3, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 23
Signed, good luck.   :)
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 3, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Ipswin
Just a pub team from Essex, they could play on the local rec', no one would notice the difference

FFS.

That pub team came within a sending off and a good spot by a referee of knocking us out of the plays offs and condemning us to god knows how many more years of non league football so what does that make us?

If we ever get a problem and Man U, Liverpool fans or the footballing community are asked to help, if they turn round and stick 2 fingers up because we are just a small team at the end of the train line then I am sure you will be ok with that?

Football in this country used to be all about the community, players mixing with the fans etc. Now I know this has moved on and will never be the same, but if you don't want to sign something that may help a small, local community club then of course that's your right to do so, but comments like that are just pathetic imo.

In the main GTFC fans are fantastic but over the years we have got a reputation in some areas and as some of the Chesterfield fans are still going off on one about they hate us due to the trouble caused donkeys years ago, here we have an opportunity to just put some details in a computer to show some support to another team who could have a serious issue affecting their future and you make a comment like that.

Beggars belief.

I hope that when the Braintree fan comes back on that he takes the positives from so many signing rather than the small mindedness of someone like you.

I have signed and would encourage all Fishy folk to do so.

UTFM
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2017, 3:05pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Posh Harry

FFS.

That pub team came within a sending off and a good spot by a referee of knocking us out of the plays offs and condemning us to god knows how many more years of non league football so what does that make us?

If we ever get a problem and Man U, Liverpool fans or the footballing community are asked to help, if they turn round and stick 2 fingers up because we are just a small team at the end of the train line then I am sure you will be ok with that?

Football in this country used to be all about the community, players mixing with the fans etc. Now I know this has moved on and will never be the same, but if you don't want to sign something that may help a small, local community club then of course that's your right to do so, but comments like that are just pathetic imo.

In the main GTFC fans are fantastic but over the years we have got a reputation in some areas and as some of the Chesterfield fans are still going off on one about they hate us due to the trouble caused donkeys years ago, here we have an opportunity to just put some details in a computer to show some support to another team who could have a serious issue affecting their future and you make a comment like that.

Beggars belief.

I hope that when the Braintree fan comes back on that he takes the positives from so many signing rather than the small mindedness of someone like you.

I have signed and would encourage all Fishy folk to do so.

UTFM

Oh get a grip and stop taking things so seriously you stupid cvnt

Posted by: caistormariner, August 3, 2017, 3:14pm; Reply: 26
Signed and good luck
Posted by: Perkins, August 3, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 27
Signed Good Luck
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 3, 2017, 6:55pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh get a grip and stop taking things so seriously you stupid cvnt

Thanks for the well thought out and mature reply.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 3, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Posh Harry

Thanks for the well thought out and mature reply.

That's Swin for you Harry,

I blame it on years of living in Suffolk not the nice part where I live but Ipswich,

He a nice bloke really but likes to be hated.

Posted by: Garth, August 3, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 30
Done and Good Luck
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2017, 7:52pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That's the crux of the issue isn't it though.

And yes it is a shite pitch with poor facilities but it's all they have so to say it would be doing football a favour is arrogance of the type we'd hate from bigger clubs fans who we've had abuse from.

sorry but "facilities" like that dont belong in professional football, i am suprised they even pass conference requirements...i dont wish to see them fold as a club and not trying to come over as an arrogant tw@t but having been there, stood on a crumbling terrace with weeds poking through and having to share 2 or 3 portaloos with 500 others then i think it would be doing football a favour if they moved.
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 3, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from grimsby pete

I blame it on years of living in Suffolk not the nice part where I live but Ipswich,

I will forgive him Pete. I have been to Ipswich, I understand his anger πŸ˜‰
Posted by: sydney, August 3, 2017, 9:28pm; Reply: 33
Good Luck
Good Memories from there
All signed
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete

Don't you start you doddering old fart. See you at Colchester and Cambridge?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2017, 11:13pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

sorry but "facilities" like that dont belong in professional football, i am suprised they even pass conference requirements...i dont wish to see them fold as a club and not trying to come over as an arrogant tw@t but having been there, stood on a crumbling terrace with weeds poking through and having to share 2 or 3 portaloos with 500 others then i think it would be doing football a favour if they moved.

It would be great if their facilities were better, but they did well enough on the pitch which is where it counts.

I'd hate to see it if you try  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 4, 2017, 8:37am; Reply: 36
Signed and good luck.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 4, 2017, 11:31am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't you start you doddering old fart. See you at Colchester and Cambridge?

Of course you miserable old git.  ;)
Posted by: SteveHessle, August 4, 2017, 12:27pm; Reply: 38
Signed & shared internationally.
Posted by: Mrbump53, August 4, 2017, 3:34pm; Reply: 39
Signed -sounds a familiar story with lack of support from the council. Good luck!
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:43pm