Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner1972, July 26, 2017, 1:11pm
JT said Jamey was wearing a protective leg brace and on crutches last night,having a scan in the week.
Doesn't sound good. :o
Posted by: newarkmariner, July 26, 2017, 1:16pm; Reply: 1
rumours saying cruciate ligament damage, doesn't sound good, fingers crossed its not.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 26, 2017, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
Heard a similar rumour that it is a long term injury. Real shame if true.
Posted by: Spidey, July 26, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 3
Oh crap. One of our most influential players. Fingers crossed it's not too bad, but not sounding that way.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 26, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 4
balderdash, that's awful luck (if true). Was looking forward to seeing him develop this season.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 26, 2017, 2:04pm; Reply: 5
Out for the season apparently
Posted by: Mariner1972, July 26, 2017, 2:14pm; Reply: 6
Just heard the same thing, gutted if true. Last year of his contract as well I think.
Posted by: Davec, July 26, 2017, 2:18pm; Reply: 7
If he is out for the season I hope we can get somebody on a season long loan to replace him.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 26, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner1972
Just heard the same thing, gutted if true. Last year of his contract as well I think.

He's signed until 2019
Posted by: ginnywings, July 26, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 9
B@lls. A bright spot from last season and one of he few players in recent seasons that could get fans off their seat. His solo goal was brilliant. :(
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 10
intercourse sake .
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 26, 2017, 2:59pm; Reply: 11

Sorry for being naive on these matters but surely the club have the players insured against injury ( probably compulsory ) and maybe that pays a player's salary for the duration of an injury, releasing funds for a loan signing ?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 26, 2017, 3:01pm; Reply: 12
This is absolutely gutting news a real bums off seat player.
Posted by: mariner chopper, July 26, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 13
When did this injury occur?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 26, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 14
Where is the official notification of this?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 26, 2017, 3:20pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 123614
Where is the official notification of this?

You should know by now that everything that happens at GTFC is reported on The Fishy long before the club get round to telling us.

Example:- the still have not confirmed Karleigh Osbourne has signed yet ! Even the GET has reported it !
Posted by: Mariner1972, July 26, 2017, 3:25pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mariner chopper
When did this injury occur?

During training on Monday.
Posted by: Davec, July 26, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

You should know by now that everything that happens at GTFC is reported on The Fishy long before the club get round to telling us.

Example:- the still have not confirmed Karleigh Osbourne has signed yet ! Even the GET has reported it !

Karleigh Osborne has tweeted saying he's waiting for FA clearance, I know FA clearance won't be a problem but the club are probably just waiting for clearance to come through
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, July 26, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 18
Wasn't it at Tavistock Jamey limped off??
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 26, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 19
Hope this isn't as bad as we fear. Jamey is one of our best players alongside Sam Jones. It would be a huge blow for the club, and of course for the lad. Fingers crossed for him.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 26, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 20
Felt last season that MB throwing him in as a starter week in week out that quick after being part time might catch up with him but shin splints apart he worked hard on his fitness lost some timber and appeared to gain a yard of pace, the lad deserves better luck IMHO.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 27, 2017, 7:14am; Reply: 21
That's his pro career over then . Gutted for him
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 27, 2017, 8:52am; Reply: 22
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
That's his pro career over then . Gutted for him

Why on earth would you say that?
Posted by: RichMariner, July 27, 2017, 9:50am; Reply: 23
I only got to see Osborne play a couple of times last season (away at Crewe, home to Yeovil) and his performances couldn't have been more of a contrast!

Absolutely anonymous at Crewe, ran the show against Yeovil. Mind you, one match was managed by Bignot, playing a weird formation with centre midfielders on the wing, and the other match was managed by Slade, playing a familiar formation with everyone in the right places.

Gutted if he's out long term though. Clearly he's got bags of potential and I was looking forward to seeing just how good he could get this season. Still hoping it's not as bad as the rumours suggest.
Posted by: Tommy, July 27, 2017, 1:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RichMariner
I only got to see Osborne play a couple of times last season (away at Crewe, home to Yeovil) and his performances couldn't have been more of a contrast!

Absolutely anonymous at Crewe, ran the show against Yeovil. Mind you, one match was managed by Bignot, playing a weird formation with centre midfielders on the wing, and the other match was managed by Slade, playing a familiar formation with everyone in the right places.

Gutted if he's out long term though. Clearly he's got bags of potential and I was looking forward to seeing just how good he could get this season. Still hoping it's not as bad as the rumours suggest.

Slade had Berrett and Osborne on the wings in that Yeovil game.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 27, 2017, 4:01pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Why on earth would you say that?

Ok I apologise, I'll admit that did sound crass as im sure he's devastated to have got such a serious injury so soon into turning professional .
My thinking is , if true about him giving up a well paid career to turn pro with town , then a serious injury like this will probably mean he may well now be thinking of returning to his industry earlier than intended and playing semi pro again as this isn't an injury that will clear up in a couple of months .

As I said gutted for him as he looked a real find for Town and looked like he would probably go further in football than gtfc . Hopefully he'll make a full recovery asap as much for himself than us .
Posted by: supertown, July 27, 2017, 4:08pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Ok I apologise, I'll admit that did sound crass as im sure he's devastated to have got such a serious injury so soon into turning professional .
My thinking is , if true about him giving up a well paid career to turn pro with town , then a serious injury like this will probably mean he may well now be thinking of returning to his industry earlier than intended and playing semi pro again as this isn't an injury that will clear up in a couple of months .

As I said gutted for him as he looked a real find for Town and looked like he would probably go further in football than gtfc . Hopefully he'll make a full recovery asap as much for himself than us .

First of all there is no confirmation of the injury prognosis yet and secondly IF it is an ACL injury then loads of footballers come back from it . Your original post is absolute rubbish
Posted by: chaos33, July 27, 2017, 6:26pm; Reply: 27
Look at Michael Coulson - he's done his ACL 3 times!

Mind you, I've done it and it ended my playing. Still, I didn't get professional physio and rehab every day.

See what the scan says.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 28, 2017, 10:11am; Reply: 28
Confirmed by the club, out for 5 months. :(

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/jamey-osborne-suffers-knee-ligament-injury/
Posted by: mariner91, July 28, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 29
Out until Christmas having ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament. A blow but not as bad as we feared according to Dave Moore. Hopefully we can get him fit for January and it'll be like a new signing.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-midfielder-jamey-osborne-248751
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 28, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 30
Does this justify us bringing someone else in at cm, even on a 6 month loan. Osbourne out, mcallister injury prone, venney released and clifton currently out. Leaves us with 4 left in middle including summerfield and berrett??
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 28, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 31
That's bad news, he will be missed.  Get well soon Jamey.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 28, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from mariner91
Out until Christmas having ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament. A blow but not as bad as we feared according to Dave Moore. Hopefully we can get him fit for January and it'll be like a new signing.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-midfielder-jamey-osborne-248751

I really dont have much faith now, Dave Moore always comes across a bit old school, magic sponge to me. Hopefully he will recover on time and be back before the season is over as he has some ability.  
Posted by: supertown, July 28, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 33
Bad but not as bad as the ACL, it is smaller and less load bearing
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 28, 2017, 8:54pm; Reply: 34
Bit harsh that Moosey but I get what you mean especially when DM rarely gets off the ice box. I knows local runner who runs at a really good level who has been a "client" of Dave's in the past and speaks very highly of him.

Osborne went from working full time and playing part time to double sessions and instant starting selection under MB, something had to give.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 30, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

I really dont have much faith now, Dave Moore always comes across a bit old school, magic sponge to me. Hopefully he will recover on time and be back before the season is over as he has some ability.  

Very harsh!!

Dave Moore is extremely knowledgeable and keeps up with modern medicine techniques.

The human body doesn't change
Posted by: mariner91, July 30, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Very harsh!!

Dave Moore is extremely knowledgeable and keeps up with modern medicine techniques.

The human body doesn't change

Bollocks, I'm way fatter than I was three years ago.
Posted by: golfer, October 13, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 37
Jamie Osborne has been back in training for 2-3 weeks and is doing fine-expects to play his first game of some sort next week. Come on Jamie we need you
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 13, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 38
That's fantastic news!!!!!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 13, 2017, 5:43pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from golfer
Jamie Osborne has been back in training for 2-3 weeks and is doing fine-expects to play his first game of some sort next week. Come on Jamie we need you

He's done well to come back so quick, I hope its not a rush job and he and the club are taking thier time with this one.
Posted by: Meza, October 13, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 40
I'm sure Jamie is not rushing back, after all he will know his body better anyone of us, just like we know our own bodies lol. Its whether he has any reactions from game time and training, and his injury may actual be a bonus (in a way) with the extra rest his shin splints would be healing / healed.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 13, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 41
Great news but easy does it we need a fully match fit Jamie Osborne.
Posted by: Grantley, October 13, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 42
Who’s Jamie?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 13, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 43
Spoke to him at the lincoln game he said 3-4 weeks .. not exactly sure if he meant playing again properly or upping the intensity of training, either way looks better than xmas than first thought.  And before anyone asks I don’t know him he was just walked past me in the main stand
Posted by: Maringer, October 13, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 44
We'll be back to moaning about having too many midfielders before you know it.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 13, 2017, 10:27pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Maringer
We'll be back to moaning about having too many midfielders before you know it.

(thumbup1)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 13, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 46
Interesting to hear Danny Collins's comments about Bignot throwing part time players straight into full time training and in the case of Osborne full time playing, maybe we have seen the impact of that with both him and Asante?      
Posted by: moosey_club, October 14, 2017, 10:34am; Reply: 47
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Interesting to hear Danny Collins's comments about Bignot throwing part time players straight into full time training and in the case of Osborne full time playing, maybe we have seen the impact of that with both him and Asante?      

Asante never really got thrown in though did he ?  Was very much used bit part as he was nursing an injury when he came IIRC ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 14, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 48
Collins’s point was about full time training rather than a couple of nights week
Posted by: moosey_club, October 14, 2017, 5:50pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Collins’s point was about full time training rather than a couple of nights week

misread the original,,yes it was.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2017, 6:01pm; Reply: 50
Hope he's back soon. His solo goal was the highlight of last season.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 14, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 51
Slade will soon knock any adventurist play out if him, make him run towards the corner flag and hope a big hoof comes his way.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 16, 2017, 12:31pm; Reply: 52
It's going to be like having a new signing. Took him a while to get going last season but there was one game towards the end of the season (can't remember who) where he just ran the show and looked every bit the player Solihull said he would be. Only challenge is where do we play him?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 16, 2017, 12:39pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from gtfc98
It's going to be like having a new signing. Took him a while to get going last season but there was one game towards the end of the season (can't remember who) where he just ran the show and looked every bit the player Solihull said he would be. Only challenge is where do we play him?

Anywhere he likes if he can bring a bit of spark to proceedings.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:17pm