Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 26, 2017, 12:32pm
Has he been let go then?
Posted by: Kristine, July 26, 2017, 12:34pm; Reply: 1
He's not ours to let go but believe his trial has come to an end yes.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 26, 2017, 12:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Kristine

Shame.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 26, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Kristine

do you know why we didnt go for him?
Posted by: lancspontooner, July 26, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Shame.

Agreed. A bit worrying that injuries now leave us with Berrett in holding midfield. He has quick feet but is lightweight which was proven when twice he went down and the ref gave free kicks against him for handball. He was dispossessed too easily in dangerous areas.

El Haj looked class in the first half against Scunthorpe then faded in the second when they told the little scamps to chase him down. Against Barnsley he looked just ok - but it was a Championship midfield and not Scunthorpe youth. His pass over the top to leave Sam Jones one on one with the keeper was sublime - best pass of the game.

Seeing Berrett and Summerfield together in our midfield near the end last night makes me more than a little concerned for the start of this season.
Posted by: MarinerGaz, July 26, 2017, 12:58pm; Reply: 5
He was meant to play last night but apparently security couldn't cope with his hair!
Posted by: ginnywings, July 26, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 6
As i said after the Scunny game, very good player but i wonder if he has the type of game suited to League 2. I don't think so myself.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 26, 2017, 1:31pm; Reply: 7
Deemed not good enough by RS.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 8
From what I saw was nowhere near good enough , it's ok looking good against a teenage scunny squad but not at the level required.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, July 26, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 9
Why does nearly every post on this thread have a downvote, a few people on the fishy got proper red tick syndrome lately
Posted by: Fat Cobra, July 26, 2017, 5:10pm; Reply: 10
Why does nearly every post on this thread have a downvote, a few people on the fishy got proper red tick syndrome lately

Red tick syndrome should be the least of some people's worries on here
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 26, 2017, 5:31pm; Reply: 11
Agree with Johnnyboy, no improvement on what we have, gave away countless free kicks and baring one good ball to Sam Jones just played everything else safe.

People who were sat near me at the Barnsley game seemed to wet themselves whenever he got the ball, and were sympathetic when he gave the ball away. Let's just say they weren't so forgiving when Luke Summerfield came on.
Posted by: golfer, July 26, 2017, 6:44pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from jimgtfc
Agree with Johnnyboy, no improvement on what we have, gave away countless free kicks and baring one good ball to Sam Jones just played everything else safe.

People who were sat near me at the Barnsley game seemed to wet themselves whenever he got the ball, and were sympathetic when he gave the ball away. Let's just say they weren't so forgiving when Luke Summerfield came on.

Seems like a lot of people on here don't like Summerfield-because they say he gives the ball away too much. A player who tries to create something with his passing is bound to make more mistakes than somebody who only does 10 yard sideways passes like a lot of our players over the last few seasons. You get 100% effort from him.
Posted by: Garth, July 26, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 13
I'd sooner watch someone with 80% skill and 20% effort, than one with 20% skill and 80% effort, I know which one will win you games.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 26, 2017, 10:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Garth
I'd sooner watch someone with 80% skill and 20% effort, than one with 20% skill and 80% effort, I know which one will win you games.

I give you Peter Sweeney, Thomas Pinault, Ashley Sestanovich among others.

Give me effort every day of the week.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 26, 2017, 10:58pm; Reply: 15
You could also say Michael Leary and Serge Makofo ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 26, 2017, 11:00pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth

We had something similar with Vose but did he win us that many games?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 27, 2017, 1:00am; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

Seems like a lot of people on here don't like Summerfield-because they say he gives the ball away too much. A player who tries to create something with his passing is bound to make more mistakes than somebody who only does 10 yard sideways passes like a lot of our players over the last few seasons. You get 100% effort from him.

We got similar levels of effort and commitment from the likes of Anthony Church and Serge Makofo but wouldn't want them anywhere near the team. Those attributes will only get you so far.

Having said that I actually don't think Luke is as bad as some on here say and I'm happy for him to be a squad player - just not starting XI for me.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:17pm