Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, July 22, 2017, 12:18pm
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40681572

Euuugh.They only play each other twice a season already. Soulless corporateball.

As for Man Utd playing Man City in a friendly in Texas. Cretins.
Posted by: lee65, July 22, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 1
It's being shown live on ITV too  :-/
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 22, 2017, 1:22pm; Reply: 2
Add ro that the ridiculous £56m Man City are paying for some full back I've never heard of!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 22, 2017, 1:25pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from immariner

Euuugh.They only play each other twice a season already. Soulless corporateball.

The other frustration is that it's another example of the biggest clubs and their owners allowing cash to drift out of the domestic game, in times gone by the big clubs played friendlies against the small ones which helped boost the coffers of the "have not's".

It's a circus, but one that sadly is controlled by people who in football terms are complete clowns.  

Posted by: Zmariner, July 22, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 4
Easy solved, I have never had sky and will not. A little bit of MOD is plenty for me
Seems to be a market for the premiership but given new transfer fees will be delighted to see it pop and I suspect it will
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 22, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 5
I'm with Z. Avoid pubs showing it if at all possible too.
Posted by: Badger57, July 22, 2017, 5:53pm; Reply: 6
Because of EVERYTHING about it!
Totally ZERO interest.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 22, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 7
I wonder where Sky get more money from domestic subscriptions or selling "the product" around the World. I doubt a  domestic boycott would end the current madness.Don't even get me started on the impact it has had on The National Team.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 22, 2017, 7:01pm; Reply: 8
It's the premier league that sell it around the world not sky. I think the last set of rights sold for more domestically though I could be talking nonsense. Something like £50000000000800000.73 for 3 years.

As for the national team though, they've pretty much always been excrement!
Posted by: Wayno, July 22, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Badger57
Because of EVERYTHING about it!
Totally ZERO interest.

They don't give a damn about lower leagues greedy c---s.Totally despise them. ??)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 22, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 10
Premier league football is now a day out for tourists and ground hoppers.

Football is all about grass roots and having a soul.

You don't choose your football team, it chooses you.
Posted by: Wayno, July 22, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

AMEN to that  8)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 22, 2017, 9:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Post of the day!
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2017, 10:04pm; Reply: 13

What annoys me even more than the plastic Premiership TV only fans are those that portray to be Barcelona fans with their tops on  ??)

Don't agree with it but at least the plastic Premiership fans are patriotic.
Posted by: LH, July 22, 2017, 10:44pm; Reply: 14
Nothing says patriotism quite like wearing a Man Utd shirt.
Posted by: newarkmariner, July 23, 2017, 7:45am; Reply: 15
I have no interest in the premiership at all, as for the money that's splashed about its obscene. Kingston Mariner said avoid pubs that have sky sports and I have to agree and disagree, as some know on here I run a pub in Newark(Town scarf and Shirt above the bar,annoys the hell out off the gimps who come in) and I don't have sky and the reason is the cost £977 a month and that doesn't include BT sport which is another £390,its calculated on the rateable value of your premises. Had a pub in Newcastle it was £1700 a month there. However some pubs are struggling to keep there heads above water and the only way they can is by competing for the plastics trade and to think that when the euro cups begin footy is on nearly 7 days a week,  hence they pay it because they dare not and sky know this,Robbing Bar stewards
Posted by: oldun, July 23, 2017, 7:51am; Reply: 16
It will get worse when The Championship becomes Premier 2
Already clubs like ours will not be able to compete at Championship level as the players wages there will be out of our reach on gates of 6-7000.
Posted by: wigworld, July 23, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 17
I broadly agree with everything said, but what if we ever made it to that level?

Do you view Bournemouth supporters with the same contempt as top 6 supporters? Not meaning to be antagonistic, genuinely curious.

Woz's post sums it up for me.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 23, 2017, 9:40am; Reply: 18
Quoted from immariner

Talksport said average tickets were over $200 each! I wish the Premier league would take it's shite £90m strikers, it's diving, it's rolling around, it's 450k a week players and just sodomist off to China and be done with it so we can claim our game back.
Posted by: lukeo, July 23, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 19
Wigworld slightly different, I'm sure they're aiming the rant at people who have never stepped foot into Manchester let alone Old Trafford.. I bet half the 'man utd' fans in Grimsby couldn't even point to Manchester on a map!
Posted by: moosey_club, July 23, 2017, 10:29am; Reply: 20
Quoted from wigworld
I broadly agree with everything said, but what if we ever made it to that level?

Do you view Bournemouth supporters with the same contempt as top 6 supporters? Not meaning to be antagonistic, genuinely curious.

Woz's post sums it up for me.

Just as bad if not worse.....the only reason their club exists is because they went belly up instead of paying their debtors off.....yes alot as gone on since then and they have achieved success on the pitch..but only because they wiped out their debt overnight and enabled themselves to start spending again.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 23, 2017, 10:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from moosey_club

Just as bad if not worse.....the only reason their club exists is because they went belly up instead of paying their debtors off.....yes alot as gone on since then and they have achieved success on the pitch..but only because they wiped out their debt overnight and enabled themselves to start spending again.

And subsequently attracted some wealthier backers than a former fish merchant and semi retired solicitor.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 23, 2017, 11:02am; Reply: 22
Quoted from newarkmariner
I have no interest in the premiership at all, as for the money that's splashed about its obscene. Kingston Mariner said avoid pubs that have sky sports and I have to agree and disagree, as some know on here I run a pub in Newark(Town scarf and Shirt above the bar,annoys the hell out off the gimps who come in) and I don't have sky and the reason is the cost £977 a month and that doesn't include BT sport which is another £390,its calculated on the rateable value of your premises. Had a pub in Newcastle it was £1700 a month there. However some pubs are struggling to keep there heads above water and the only way they can is by competing for the plastics trade and to think that when the euro cups begin footy is on nearly 7 days a week,  hence they pay it because they dare not and sky know this,Robbing Bar stewards

Pubs are in a real cleft stick I agree NM.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, July 23, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 23
soo boring premier league they can all urine off to mars and play their so called 39th game there for all I care over rated product and has been for years
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 23, 2017, 5:53pm; Reply: 24
What pub is it NewarkM? I regularly have a drink over there.
Posted by: newarkmariner, July 23, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 25
Old kings Arms in the town centre,always a warm welcome to a fellow mariner and an abusive one for gimps  ;)
Posted by: hampshiremariner, July 23, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 26
Bournemouth were so very close to going into the dreaded Conference. That match against us that they won was on a knife edge.
I'm sick of the Premier League as well. The football is sterile. Chelsea? What a boring side. They are still selling the 'the PL is the best in the world league' but I prefer La Liga and the Bundesliga. Our big clubs have been rubbish in the Champions' League over the past few years and I don't think the EPL is as good as they think.
My grandson has a ticket ticket with his dad at St Mary's where they saw Southampton score 17 goals in 19 home games. Someone worked it out that for his season ticket it was about £50 per goal.
The other thing is that the PL is a big factor i n the decline of the national team. I don't watch them either-totally boring and uninspiring football. Some of the most refreshing football I watched last season was a schoolgirls' under 13 game. They played uninhibited football and it was good to watch it.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 23, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 27
The women's national footy team beat Spain 2-0 tonight. Could have been more with one goal wrongly chalked off for offside. This is after stuffing the sweaties 6-0. Women's cricket team won the World Cup today as well.

I wonder how long it will be before big money corrupts the ladies game?

Not the Prem but i noticed today that PSG have met the buy out clause of Neymar, which is £199 million. Financial fair play? Fecking crazy it's getting. Man City pay over £100 million for 2 full backs also.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:03pm