Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2017, 11:02pm
These people masquerade as football fans, words fail me -

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10952222/hooligans-who-left-simon-dobbin-with-severe-brain-damage-jailed-for-terms-totalling-42-years

Posted by: denni266, July 18, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 1
they are just thugs, and need locking away for good , see  how hard they are when they meet some nice folk inside
Posted by: Tommy, July 18, 2017, 8:59am; Reply: 2
Sentences aren't strong enough.

I'd imagine the family of the victim are fuming that those tw@ts that have ruined his life have will spend a couple of years in prison and then be out again.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 3
The main perpetrators should have been charged with attempted murder. These scum will be back out on the streets in about 2 years whilst Simon and his family have been given a life sentence.

No justice at all!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 18, 2017, 11:35am; Reply: 4
If that was my lad who they did that to, there would be pay back, I'd serve time for them illegitimates, I wouldn't be able to settle till I got the illegitimates back, scum the lot of em! I just can't stand Bullies.
Posted by: toontown, July 18, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 5
Vermin - sentences unfortunately nowhere near representative of the devestation they have caused.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 18, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 6
unbelievably weak sentences. makes me feel sick.
Posted by: GrimRob, July 18, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 7
Write to your MP and demand tougher sentences.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 18, 2017, 1:22pm; Reply: 8
If it was not for the medic the poor man would have been dead so a murder charge should have been applied.

I am with Chris Mack , I would wait for them to come out of prison and give them some of what they gave out.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2017, 1:39pm; Reply: 9
So while a couple of you are that disgusted with their actions you would be happy to copy them and serve the same to them ?  

While i think we are all angry and disgusted with the sentences, splattering the culprits doesnt make it right.  

They should suffer appropriately through the courts, whether the judges are restricted by guidelines or the judges just got it completely wrong is what should be looked at, the current outcome is definately unfair ..but a like for like beating ???

On a quick read through the sentencing guidelines then i think the most they could have got was 5 yrs based on the actual offence they were mainly charged with which was in the violent disorder category....i think thats down to the Police/CPS being unable to actually pinpoint who did what unfortunately. If they had a clearly identifiable attacker who inflicted the particular injuries then they could have gone for a more serious charge i guess.

One thing i did see in the guidelines though was that if the violent disorder was based solely on race, gender, sexuality issues,  then the sentencing guidelines raise the seriousness of the offence.
Maybe writing to your MP and asking for "attacking on grounds of what football team you follow" should be included as a motivating reason for a crime to be included in the sliding scale.

Posted by: grimsby pete, July 18, 2017, 4:45pm; Reply: 10
Moosey  we were talking about if it happened to one of our own kids,

If it happened to one of yours and you could restrain yourself well done
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
Moosey  we were talking about if it happened to one of our own kids,

If it happened to one of yours and you could restrain yourself well done

We are all somebodies kids Pete but understand what you are saying.....hard to say and hopefully none of us will have to find out.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 18, 2017, 6:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club
So while a couple of you are that disgusted with their actions you would be happy to copy them and serve the same to them ?  

While i think we are all angry and disgusted with the sentences, splattering the culprits doesnt make it right.  

They should suffer appropriately through the courts, whether the judges are restricted by guidelines or the judges just got it completely wrong is what should be looked at, the current outcome is definately unfair ..but a like for like beating ???

On a quick read through the sentencing guidelines then i think the most they could have got was 5 yrs based on the actual offence they were mainly charged with which was in the violent disorder category....i think thats down to the Police/CPS being unable to actually pinpoint who did what unfortunately. If they had a clearly identifiable attacker who inflicted the particular injuries then they could have gone for a more serious charge i guess.

One thing i did see in the guidelines though was that if the violent disorder was based solely on race, gender, sexuality issues,  then the sentencing guidelines raise the seriousness of the offence.
Maybe writing to your MP and asking for "attacking on grounds of what football team you follow" should be included as a motivating reason for a crime to be included in the sliding scale.

Thanks for the good summing up Moosey. I share everyone's anger and would feel like exacting revenge, but good to be brought up short by someone with some knowledge of this area.

It is one of the ironies of the law that you can get harsher sentence for certain types of victim than others. I see why it is so, but as you say attacking someone because of their football club is equally a 'hate crime' (even if it's not in law). But then why would it be any better if he was just some random bloke walking down the street and not going to watch Cambridge away?
Posted by: golfer, July 18, 2017, 11:28pm; Reply: 13
Bring back the Birch prior to the jail term
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:56pm