Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 15, 2017, 5:58pm
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any preseason games so far add I'm recovering from spinal surgery but I'm loving the reports on Dembele.

The question seemed to be, can be perform against strong opposition and by all accounts came through today's test worth flying colours.

He's obviously got a very slight frame so my question is what players is he unilateral to in terms of style of play? He's got the build of a Raheem Sterling, does he play in a similar way?

How would you describe in one sentence?

He looks like he's got a trick or two but has he got pace and because of his build and stature, the worry would be that he would get bullied and pushed off the ball to easily - has that been the case today at all or can he hold his own?

Should RS start to regret only offering him a 1 year deal?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm just keen to get more information about a young lad that's had universally glowing reviews.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 15, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 1
Yeah very Raheem Sterling in size and running style. He's quick, agile, glides when he runs, moves the ball well and looks to have an eye for goal. He looks like he could improve further as well, a couple of times he left the ball behind when dribbling so more training/game time could make him sharper still in that respect. But what I like more than anything is his hunger and desire, he doesn't give up if he loses it or appears to be second favourite, he scraps and battles for it as his goal today shows.

After watching him against the likes of Clee and Boro he looked good but the opposition were of a lower standard. He made championship defenders look non league this afternoon, and that was the test I wanted to see. Hopefully he can get some consistency and destroy teams in L2.

One year contract with an option of an extra year? I'd be taking that option right now!!!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 15, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 2
Great report Jim thank you much appreciated. Certainly seems to be exciting times for us and the young man.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, July 15, 2017, 6:43pm; Reply: 3
Get well soon.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 15, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 4
Thank you MSM 🖒
Posted by: mariner83, July 15, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 5
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 15, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 6
If he was that good and consistent why is he with us ?
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 15, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 7
But I think that's the point he's not been good enough or consistent enough for anyone to gamble on him. We've given him a shot and now it's up to him. He's achieved nothing yet.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 15, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970
If he was that good and consistent why is he with us ?

Swear you say things just purely to get a reaction out of people. He's 20 years of age and so far has looked excellent. If he continues like this he wont be with us
Posted by: MarinerRob, July 15, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 9
Podge Amond hadn't done much before he came to us, so spotting these type of players is important.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 15, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 10
He was on trial at Huddersfield in Jan and got injured so we was next to take a look and his obvs been offered a deal, his 20. Can't wait for next season. Utm
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 15, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 11
He was suppose to sign for huddersfield last summer but got injured preventing him. And look how good of a judge of talent their manager has proven to be, taking them to the prem.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 15, 2017, 10:36pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any preseason games so far add I'm recovering from spinal surgery but I'm loving the reports on Dembele.

The question seemed to be, can be perform against strong opposition and by all accounts came through today's test worth flying colours.

He's obviously got a very slight frame so my question is what players is he unilateral to in terms of style of play? He's got the build of a Raheem Sterling, does he play in a similar way?

How would you describe in one sentence?

He looks like he's got a trick or two but has he got pace and because of his build and stature, the worry would be that he would get bullied and pushed off the ball to easily - has that been the case today at all or can he hold his own?

Should RS start to regret only offering him a 1 year deal?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm just keen to get more information about a young lad that's had universally glowing reviews.

Re the bit in bold, hope it's all going well!

BTW - Saw Dembele for the 1st time and thought he was a real find!
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 15, 2017, 11:39pm; Reply: 13
Seems to take the p i.ss out of town and discredit them at every opportunity, yet he writes a positive and level headed review of Lincoln...... He also placed Lincoln as finishing 14th, 3 places above town all on the basis that they need time to adjust in the league... yet we finished in a good position in the league, have 1 years advantage over Lincoln in terms of league experience, have vastly improved the squad and hopefully a managed that can deliver...... Yet we are worse off! Ok, makes sense....
Posted by: Teesknees, July 16, 2017, 12:08am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Seems to take the p i.ss out of town and discredit them at every opportunity, yet he writes a positive and level headed review of Lincoln...... He also placed Lincoln as finishing 14th, 3 places above town all on the basis that they need time to adjust in the league... yet we finished in a good position in the league, have 1 years advantage over Lincoln in terms of league experience, have vastly improved the squad and hopefully a managed that can deliver...... Yet we are worse off! Ok, makes sense....

Are you on drugs?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 16, 2017, 12:58am; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariner83
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

That's very kind of you thank you.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 16, 2017, 1:03am; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Re the bit in bold, hope it's all going well!

BTW - Saw Dembele for the 1st time and thought he was a real find!

Thanks Herts.... still very early days but recovery is going well thank you. I'm really hoping to be back on my feet ready for the first home game if the season all being well - probably still won't be very mobile but haven't missed a first home game of the season since leaving the Army 6 years ago so I'll be doing my utmost to be there.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:25am