Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, July 13, 2017, 11:41am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40590960

The man whose arrest for fraud and tax evasion, which started the whole FIFA scandal charges, has died. When arrested he turned stool pigeon on the others and i wonder if now we will get to the bottom of all the corruption if he is no longer around to give evidence. Blatter is still protesting his innocence and is trying to get back on the council.

Blazer famously had 2 apartments in Trump Towers, one for himself and one, incredibly, for his cats, as well as an entire floor of office suites.

He led a lavish jet set lifestyle and trousered millions of pounds. How these fookers got away with it for so long is staggering and the fact it was the Americans that brought them to task is shameful for the bigger footballing nations.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 13, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 1
Yes I saw that Ginny I will not be saying those 3 letters after his name the cheating so and so.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 13, 2017, 12:26pm; Reply: 2
Least he grassed up all the other corrupt FIFA executives - probably the only positive thing you can say about the bloke (and that only came about because the FBI got hold of him!)
Posted by: Abdul19, July 13, 2017, 1:05pm; Reply: 3
I've got nothing but respect for any man who pops to the shops with a parrot perched on his shoulder.
Posted by: Hertsmariner, July 13, 2017, 1:37pm; Reply: 4
Just for a moment, I thought this must be a new (American) trialist.....
Think I'll give his funeral a miss though.
Posted by: Maringer, July 13, 2017, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
Oddly enough, I think the indications are that Blatter wasn't actually on the take himself, though I have no doubt he knew of the dodgy dealings were going on around him. I think he was in it for his ego, unlike many of the others who were just keen on trousering as much illicit cash as possible.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:01pm