Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 9, 2017, 11:04am
Just chatting to him at Faro airport, wished us luck for the season..Joked about Devon and budgets, Doig was also chatty, one ex Town player was an obnoxious tw@t
Posted by: Grantley, July 9, 2017, 11:12am; Reply: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just chatting to him at Faro airport, wished us luck for the season..Joked about Devon and budgets, Doig was also chatty, one ex Town player was an obnoxious tw@t

Tease.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 9, 2017, 11:18am; Reply: 2
Which players are there?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 9, 2017, 11:19am; Reply: 3
Lenny, Toto, Nolan, Rodman
Posted by: Laddy89, July 9, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 4
Toto was probably the idiot then
Posted by: Hagrid, July 9, 2017, 11:35am; Reply: 5
Well hidden in there i think is part of the reason Hursty left. Guessing who was obnoxious, i reckon Nolan.
Posted by: Maringer, July 9, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 6
I'd be guessing Toto or Nolan as well. LJL and Rodman always seemed like nice chaps - though perhaps they were faking it!
Posted by: golfer, July 9, 2017, 1:59pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Well hidden in there i think is part of the reason Hursty left. Guessing who was obnoxious, i reckon Nolan.

2 great minds now think alike-But- when I called him an obnoxious,lazy,useless trouble causing tw@t you red crossed me-I'm going to tell Fat Cobra :)
Posted by: dicko995, July 9, 2017, 2:17pm; Reply: 8
Hursty ???, don't remember him !!   :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 9, 2017, 3:47pm; Reply: 9
Just say who the tw@t was , it's not exactly scandal of the year.

Posted by: Grimal, July 9, 2017, 3:59pm; Reply: 10
I'm thinking Toto, I found him totally obnoxious while we were both standing in a queue at the burger van  at the pre-season in Gainsborough a couple of seasons ago, completely up his own ar$e..
Posted by: golfer, July 9, 2017, 4:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grimal
I'm thinking Toto, I found him totally obnoxious while we were both standing in a queue at the burger van  at the pre-season in Gainsborough a couple of seasons ago, completely up his own ar$e..

Contortionist ?
Posted by: Hertsmariner, July 9, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 12
As an aside: what's the point, quite apart from cost, of going to Portugal or Malta (Mansfield's team) to train this time of year as both destinations are fiercely hot (probably even hotter than Welwyn Garden City at present!) and, I imagine, limit the amount of fitness training the players can actually do?  
Posted by: wigworld, July 9, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hertsmariner
As an aside: what's the point, quite apart from cost, of going to Portugal or Malta (Mansfield's team) to train this time of year as both destinations are fiercely hot (probably even hotter than Welwyn Garden City at present!) and, I imagine, limit the amount of fitness training the players can actually do?  

It's a jolly. One of the perks of having more cash available, I guess.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 9, 2017, 4:27pm; Reply: 14
Hagrid is correct, Nolan is scousearsehole, enhanced by wearing socks with sandals. Sorry for the teaser, we were getting on the plane back toEast Midlands with them.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 9, 2017, 4:39pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Grimal

I always found him a warm, pleasant chap.

Posted by: golfer, July 9, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hagrid is correct, Nolan is scousearsehole, enhanced by wearing socks with sandals. Sorry for the teaser, we were getting on the plane back toEast Midlands with them.

What's wrong with socks and sandals----I wear my base-ball cap back to front,  white string vest, Blue lycra body hugging shorts and have got "Kilroy was here"tattooed across my rse -and there's nothing wrong with me either
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 9, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

What's wrong with socks and sandals----I wear my base-ball cap back to front,  white string vest, Blue lycra body hugging shorts and have got "Kilroy was here"tattooed across my rse -and there's nothing wrong with me either

Now I know who you are.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 9, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know he divided opinion but I liked LJL, Rodman though a bit of a fanny can play a bit, Nolan did well for us in the PO semi & final and Toto if he could get his head right could be a decent prospect, but...............If PH thinks they are the level of player that will make them competitive in L1 then he wants his head testing.

Before TOC put us out of our misery I would have said Nolan TBH.  
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 9, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 19
I'd have Toto, Lenny and Nolan back in a heartbeat. Nolan is a totally different Midfielder to what we have. Cheeky offer Summerfield and Berrett for Nolan! Toto would add the athleticism at the back that we're lacking and Lenny would be the perfect partner for Jones.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 9, 2017, 6:10pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd have Toto, Lenny and Nolan back in a heartbeat. Nolan is a totally different Midfielder to what we have. Cheeky offer Summerfield and Berrett for Nolan! Toto would add the athleticism at the back that we're lacking and Lenny would be the perfect partner for Jones.

Don't disagree but my point was questioning are they good enough to make a difference towards the top end of L1, we shall see?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 9, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from golfer

You've gone all modern with the cap then ..... you used to wear a knotted hanky.

Posted by: mimma, July 9, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 22
Could somebody please tell me where you can get the baseball hats with the peak at the back. I've looked everywhere but can only find the ones with the peak at the front. 8)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 9, 2017, 6:33pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mimma
Could somebody please tell me where you can get the baseball hats with the peak at the back. I've looked everywhere but can only find the ones with the peak at the front. 8)

Should have asked Lenny, he had one on  ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, July 9, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Don't disagree but my point was questioning are they good enough to make a difference towards the top end of L1, we shall see?

Are Shrews really expecting to be top end of league one?

I think they would be pleased to avoid a relegation battle
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 9, 2017, 7:54pm; Reply: 25
I agree Cloudy, which makes the acquisition of Rodman and the "high maintenance" Toto even odder
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 9, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 26
Never under estimate the gaffa ..... he will get the best out of the shrews based in his budget ..... he worked miricles at town with all the constraints he put up with
Posted by: Cloudy, July 9, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I agree Cloudy, which makes the acquisition of Rodman and the "high maintenance" Toto even odder

Still think this high maintenance stuff is a fishy myth.

He is not a party animal, the opposite in fact, hard trainer, fit as a butchers dog- a managers dream
Posted by: chaos33, July 9, 2017, 8:32pm; Reply: 28
Can I just say I couldn't give a flying to$$ about any ex Town employees named in this thread; I fail to recognise it as interesting or intriguing, and I find Mariner09's post about wanting those named players back completely absurd, even by his standards.

Cheers. Hope it was a good holiday.
UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 9, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Cloudy

Still think this high maintenance stuff is a fishy myth.

He is not a party animal, the opposite in fact, hard trainer, fit as a butchers dog- a managers dream

Who suggested he was a party animal?
Posted by: Cloudy, July 9, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Who suggested he was a party animal?

You said he was high maintenance. I don't think he is. Simple really
Posted by: Grantley, July 9, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 31
Party animal doesn't mean high maintenance.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 9, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Grantley
Party animal doesn't mean high maintenance.

High Maintenance is usually associated with managing a player's on the field behavior, ego and insecurity not his activities after dark. Maybe the "fishy myth"" strikes again like other Fishy idiosyncrasies such as putting words in the mouths of others
Posted by: heppy88, July 9, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Grimal

In defence of Toto, he was a neighbour of mine for 12 months and in all that time he was extremely polite and always had time for chat. In fact an all round good bloke.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 9, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Now I know who you are.

Was it the tattooed @rse clue ?
Posted by: moosey_club, July 9, 2017, 9:45pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from heppy88

In defence of Toto, he was a neighbour of mine for 12 months and in all that time he was extremely polite and always had time for chat. In fact an all round good bloke.

If i decided to bang my neighbours wife while he was at work and as i had most afternoons off , i would appear as friendly as i could too  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 9, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from chaos33
Can I just say I couldn't give a flying to$$ about any ex Town employees named in this thread; I fail to recognise it as interesting or intriguing, and I find Mariner09's post about wanting those named players back completely absurd, even by his standards.

Cheers. Hope it was a good holiday.
UTM

It was great. Just thought I'd pass on what an engaging bloke he was, happy to talk even though Doig was sniffing in the background  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, July 9, 2017, 10:16pm; Reply: 37
Apparently Doig didn't even know he was going abroad and claimed to know nothing about the trip when questioned by customs officials at the airport. Personally, and in contrast to Mariner09, I'm glad we got shut of Hurst, Doig and the 4 players named. I'd tell any of them 'no thanks' in a heartbeat. They're all out of their depth in L1.
Posted by: lukeo, July 9, 2017, 11:30pm; Reply: 38
Best replied post on the fishy award goes to Moosey  ;D
Posted by: gaz57, July 10, 2017, 12:11am; Reply: 39
Quoted from dicko995
Hursty ???, don't remember him !!   :)

If it helps 1966 comes to mind.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 10, 2017, 6:51am; Reply: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

High Maintenance is usually associated with managing a player's on the field behavior, ego and insecurity not his activities after dark. Maybe the "fishy myth"" strikes again like other Fishy idiosyncrasies such as putting words in the mouths of others

You are certainly proving again that you are high maintenance ffs!!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 10, 2017, 11:14am; Reply: 41
Quoted from Cloudy

You are certainly proving again that you are high maintenance ffs!!!

Lucky I am otherwise you wouldn't have known what the term meant  ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, July 10, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 42
To coin a JF phrase, these guys are completely 'old hat'.

Lets just concentrate on what we're doing, sod what the Shrews are doing, they're not even rivals.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 1:32pm