Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: brigg_mariner, July 7, 2017, 9:43am
Signed for Granada CF today.

Granada play in the Segunda DivisiĆ³n, officially known as La Liga 2.

Good luck to the local Grimsby lad.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 7, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 1
Quoted from brigg_mariner
Signed for Granada CF today.

Granada play in the Segunda DivisiĆ³n, officially known as La Liga 2.

Good luck to the local Grimsby lad.

Joined Town as a youth and obviously had his first pro contract but he was never a Grimsby lad was he IIRC?

Not that I don't wish him well! Good luck Charlie.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 7, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 2
Good luck to him, Admire him for giving playing in Spain a go and seems to be going well for him.

The pedant in me is very close to questioning the 'local Grimsby lad' bit but as the sun is shining and it's Friday I will let it go.
Posted by: GrimRob, July 7, 2017, 10:30am; Reply: 3
Bit of a change from NE Lincs

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Granada_collage1.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 7, 2017, 10:34am; Reply: 4
He was a good player, which is kind of represented by the fact he made the jump from youth setup to first team. I might be way off on This, but did anyone else manage that under Hurst?
Posted by: ginnywings, July 7, 2017, 10:37am; Reply: 5
I remember Hurst dissing him in a fans forum, saying he was one footed. He then let him go which i thought was a mistake as he looked a very good player in the making.

Good luck to him.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 7, 2017, 11:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
I remember Hurst dissing him in a fans forum, saying he was one footed. He then let him go which i thought was a mistake as he looked a very good player in the making.

Good luck to him.

I Agree!

for a young lad at like 17-18, he looked a very good player!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 7, 2017, 11:33am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Good luck to him.

So was Norman Hunter and he didn't do too badly. ;D

Posted by: Maringer, July 7, 2017, 11:37am; Reply: 8
Good luck to him. I see Tony Adams is their manager so I'Anson ought to be able to learn a thing or two about defending from him!
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2017, 11:51am; Reply: 9
Probably the only player ever referred to on here by his full name!

Moving up a league after last season, hope he does well :)

That Hurst thing was remarkable really. For a man who kept things close to his chest so much, coming out and slagging off a youngster you've managed was unfair and a bit odd! Maybe his left foot was the worst you've ever seen, but don't broadcast it, surely!
Posted by: scrumble, July 7, 2017, 11:57am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
Probably the only player ever referred to on here by his full name!

It's Charlie Dean l'Ansons surely?
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 11
Lanson was the name of choice, iirc.
Posted by: Grantley, July 7, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 12
Charlee L'Anson
Posted by: Kris2, July 7, 2017, 12:23pm; Reply: 13
Seems like he's spent most of his life in Spain from a young age and apart from giving it a go here for a couple of years he's played all his football there too. Also originally born in Luton, not local in the slightest or are we claiming anyone who played for us as a teenager now?
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 7, 2017, 12:37pm; Reply: 14
Wasn't the issue around his attitude?  

I always thought he had the makings of a very good defender.  
Posted by: ginnywings, July 7, 2017, 1:11pm; Reply: 15
I also remember him being given the hook early in a game when we went three down in rapid time (Kiddy?) and he didn't seem to be in favour much after that. I really thought he would go on to make the club money from his early showings in the side and was quite surprised when he was publicly criticised and let go.
Posted by: barralad, July 7, 2017, 4:39pm; Reply: 16

So was Norman Hunter and he didn't do too badly. ;D

Yeah but that was only because Bobby Cumming amputated the other one.
Posted by: Tommy, July 7, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
I also remember him being given the hook early in a game when we went three down in rapid time (Kiddy?) and he didn't seem to be in favour much after that. I really thought he would go on to make the club money from his early showings in the side and was quite surprised when he was publicly criticised and let go.

Think it was at home to Newport and I'm sure it was I'Anson and Thanoj the 2 young lads that got the hook after going 2-0 down early on. Ended up drawing 2-2 i think.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 7, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 18
Good player. One we let go sadly.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:42pm