Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantley, July 6, 2017, 11:52pm
Just thought we should have a thread for this wonderful little boy.

Reports say he hasn't got long left. We should all remember the legacy that he will leave.

Heartbreaking stuff
Posted by: Rick12, July 7, 2017, 6:54am; Reply: 1
This has really moved me. A young boy who has had to face a horrible illness and will die so young

Life is so unfair sometimes. Ive seen it myself as well eg some good people Ive known go through so much with illness and are sadly no longer here yet others who are not so deserving  get away scot free.
Posted by: lukeo, July 7, 2017, 7:33am; Reply: 2
I've followed the story ever since it became public and even sent him birthday cards from myself and my 4 year old son.. When the time comes, to me it'll be heart breaking and feel like I've lost someone close, just for the fact I've followed the story for so long and the fact how brave and amazing the little lad has been. Its just so unfair, why does it happen to the best of us.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 7, 2017, 9:01am; Reply: 3
Saw Jermain Defoe's recent interview when they asked him about Bradley. Very emotional to watch and no doubt he'll be devastated when poor little Bradley finally loses his battle.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 7, 2017, 9:17am; Reply: 4
Well intentioned thread but I don't feel easy with it at the moment.
Just seems a bit too near if you get my drift.
Heart breaking .
Posted by: OllieGTFC, July 7, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 5
🙏🏻🙌
Posted by: Mariner55, July 7, 2017, 3:26pm; Reply: 6
I think this is a very proper thread: reminds us there things far more important than what our formation will be next season and why we haven't signed any Championship standard strikers yet.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 7, 2017, 3:32pm; Reply: 7
He is a brave little soul who has touched so many hearts,
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 7, 2017, 3:57pm; Reply: 8
Poor Bradley has finally lost his fight.

Sleep well little man.

RIP. xx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39883344
Posted by: Hagrid, July 7, 2017, 4:00pm; Reply: 9
how extremely upsetting, its a very cruel world sometimes.  :(
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 7, 2017, 4:08pm; Reply: 10
What a hero, and an inspiration, not just too other children, but everyone!

Life is cruel, very cruel
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, July 7, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 11
God Bless you Bradley.  In the arms of God and Jesus now.  You were The Angel Of The North. xxx
Posted by: supertown, July 7, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 12
RIP Bradley
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 7, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 13
I'm glad he saw out his days with that huge smile on his face and hope he knows how powerful that little boy really is. Credit to Jermain Defoe for everything he's done for the lad and hope he is finally at ease now.
Posted by: topuphere666, July 7, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 14
Time to rest now little dude! Hopefully the family can treasure all the amazing memories that Bradley created in his short life.

On a note. How refreshing to see Defoe be so involved in the battle. Top man.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 7, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 15
Absolutely devastating, my little boy is a similar age and simply cannot imagine what they are going through. Lends perspective.

RIP brave young man
Posted by: grimps, July 7, 2017, 5:24pm; Reply: 16
What a lovely brave little trooper Bradley was  :o

My heart goes out to the family and all who have supported him through his final years.
Defoe went above and beyond what any footballer should have to do and had a genuine connection with his 'best mate'  , I hope he's surrounded by the people that matter today too.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 7, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 17
Very sad news! It brought a tear to my eye, I'm a father who has a poorly daughter (not cancer) but has to go to Sheffield children's hospital once a month for treatment and it's heart breaking, must be horrendous for Bradley's family, sleep tight Bradley xx
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 7, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 18
Sleep well little man
You put more into your short lifetime than most of us do in ours
Posted by: Grim74, July 7, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 19
Sad sad day life is so cruel at times RIP Bradley.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 7, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 20
Heartbreaking and as a dad to a son I don't know what I would do to go through what him and his family went through..

Clearly the big man upstairs realised you were tired and decided to give you a call , sleep well little man xxxxxxx
Posted by: LH, July 7, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 21
Despite having such a tragically short life he enjoyed some really good times that other kids can only dream of. When I was six I'd have loved to have lead England out at Wembley with my favourite player who just so happened to have been my best mate! Hope his family can take some comfort from the amazing tributes he's had today from some football giants. Jermaine Defoe deserves all the recognition he gets for everything he's done.
Posted by: gtfc82, July 7, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 22
So upsetting to hear earlier that he'd passed away!
Rest in peace Bradley
Posted by: denni266, July 7, 2017, 10:13pm; Reply: 23
Sad news.. no more pain,, rest in peace and watch the footie from a safe seat
Posted by: Grumps, July 8, 2017, 7:22am; Reply: 24
So sad such a brave little lad R.I.P. Bradley
Posted by: lukeo, July 8, 2017, 7:56am; Reply: 25
Lost for words, puts life into perspective. I have a lad a little younger than Bradley was, trying to look positively (although hard) at least he had an amazing although short journey and massive well done to everyone who gave him the best they could give (doctors, his family, mermaid etc)

Rip Bradley  :'(
Posted by: lukeo, July 8, 2017, 7:57am; Reply: 26
How the hell does my phone change Jermain to mermaid  :-/.. Rip xx
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), July 8, 2017, 9:28am; Reply: 27
Crammed a lot in his short life and has been an incredible role model RIP
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 9, 2017, 10:26am; Reply: 28
Bless him, RIP Bradley, so sad when a child dies.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 9, 2017, 10:55am; Reply: 29
There were a few things about this that I wasn't aware of. Of course we all saw Defoe with Bradley and you have to admire the way Defoe carried this off in public in such a dignified manner, especially the episode of Bradley falling asleep across him. But there were other things as well that showed not all of football is about chasing cash.

For instance, we know about the Sunderland involvement but I didn't realise that Everton gave such a large amount of money towards Bradley's treatment. Bury also, which is hardly the richest club in the league, gave all their gate receipts from their Sunderland home game. Perhaps others knew this but they passed me by I'm afraid.

Apart from his personality, the cheeky grin and the wave we all remember, perhaps Bradley also showed us something equally important, football still has a heart.
Posted by: Rick12, July 14, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 30
See it was Bradleys funeral today

God bless you little one.Hope your at peace now with God and the angels
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:35pm