Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OllieGTFC, July 2, 2017, 10:13am
Apparently Wigan want Eoin Doyle and to fund this they are prepared to sell Omar Bogle meaning we get a sell on fee
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 2, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 1
The story did originate from The Sun though...
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 2, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 2
I can't see that being true at all. He signed in January and did well up until his injury. You'd think theyd be desperate for him to get back to fitness so he can bang in the goals in the promotion bid.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 2, 2017, 10:41am; Reply: 3
is he not injured ?
Would be suprised based on his Wigan record to date that they would be able to find someone to pay up anything like they have for him.
The market for him was only tested 5 months ago and that would give an indication of his market value, a couple of goals return and a substantial injury since wouldnt really have increased his value.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 2, 2017, 11:37am; Reply: 4
Sounds like a load of shite.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 2, 2017, 11:53am; Reply: 5
I would imagine that any sell on fee would be a percentage of any profit Wigan made on the deal. Not sure how much his value will have increased since January, so I doubt it would be a significant amount of money.
Posted by: wigworld, July 2, 2017, 1:18pm; Reply: 6
Have they got the same manager? If they've brought a new manager in, sale of Bogle doesn't seem unlikely at all.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 2, 2017, 3:13pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from RonMariner
I would imagine that any sell on fee would be a percentage of any profit Wigan made on the deal. Not sure how much his value will have increased since January, so I doubt it would be a significant amount of money.

Its usually "Percentage of fee" rather than "percentage of profit".I think he wont be going anywhere until the Jan window at least.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 2, 2017, 4:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from wigworld
Have they got the same manager? If they've brought a new manager in, sale of Bogle doesn't seem unlikely at all.

Well it was Warren Joyce who bought Bogle and he's now gone. He was looking at Bogle as a long term signing and developing him as a player. Perhaps they are looking for instant impact and/or a change of style. Seems pretty daft if they want to sell now and lose a lot on the fee but stranger things have happened.

Posted by: Abdul19, July 2, 2017, 4:37pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Its usually "Percentage of fee" rather than "percentage of profit".I think he wont be going anywhere until the Jan window at least.

I think Ryan Bennett was percentage of profit though.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, July 2, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 10
Sounds like something the fishy would make up.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:04pm