Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: nightrider, June 27, 2017, 9:14pm
Council again....

http://www.cleethorpessuperprix.com/cleethorpes-super-prix-cancelled/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 27, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 1
Due to sponsors pulling out.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 28, 2017, 1:09pm; Reply: 2
Real shame for Cleethorpes this news. It would have been massive. The council were fully behind it as far as I am aware.
Posted by: nightrider, June 28, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 3
Organiser seems to think otherwise?
Its the council. They need money for something to with the road. Costs very little to put on a cycle race if you've got the councils support. Practically nothing if its a road race, I presume.
This one would be cost abit more in terms of a PA system, barriers, marshalls (volunteers)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 29, 2017, 12:22am; Reply: 4
The article in the OP says it was the cost of road re-surfacing that the council couldn't meet. Sounds like another own goal for austerity measures.
Posted by: LH, June 29, 2017, 8:09am; Reply: 5
I went out on my bike around NE Lincs for the first time in ages last week. I've got vibration white gooch after some of the road surfaces I rode over. I can't think of an area in town that actually had a decent surface on it!

The austerity measures here are getting daft though. They've decided to cut grass cutting to monthly rather than every other week. Areas around my house which used to be well groomed now have two foot tall grass and weeds. There was an article in the GT the other day of a dad who had to mow his son an area to play footy on Weelsby Woods!
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 29, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 6
I do the school run in the mornings,

Between my village and the village where the school is there are about 100 pot holes over a 3 mile each way trip.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 29, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 7
I am shocked regards this news....shocked cos i had never even heard of the event in the first place !!!! When was it supposed to be ?
Never seen or heard any kind of advertising for it.
Posted by: Kk700, June 29, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 8
typical council  my young grandson was hoping to ride in this as where several good local riders. there appears to be no support for riders in this area especially young ones who cannot travel far away. at the moment my grandson has to travel to Scunthorpe and lincoln who both provide facilities and road races for riders.It would have been nice to ride at his home town and not have to rely on other towns.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 29, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Kk700
typical council  my young grandson was hoping to ride in this as where several good local riders. there appears to be no support for riders in this area especially young ones who cannot travel far away. at the moment my grandson has to travel to Scunthorpe and lincoln who both provide facilities and road races for riders.It would have been nice to ride at his home town and not have to rely on other towns.

Harsh to blame the council really, they have a budget for the local highways i presume, and priority for that will be spent on maintaining the worst conditioned roads.
How would you feel as a local resident, if the severely pot holed road outside your house wasnt repaired because the money was spent relaying a road surface for some cyclists to come and use one weekend ? Particularly if that road was actually in a reasonable condition anyway?

Posted by: ginnywings, July 2, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 10
Easy to blame the council, when in reality they are being hamstrung by the government, who know they can do this and not get the blame- a perfect situation for them.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:22am