Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: samg, June 26, 2017, 9:25pm
According to sources on Twitter- Maynards signed and Walker a year long loan
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 26, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 1
Although I hope this is true the source isn't exactly a credible one
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, June 26, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 2
How many sources and what quality of source?

If it's someone from within, say, the Nottingham Post and someone close to somebody at Port Vale, then yes, two sources. Someone connected to someone at GTFC, then fine, strong source.

Now do we have a genuine source, or is this just some bloke on twitter?

(Great deals if they come off by the way!!)
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, June 26, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 3
[tweet]879316710922342400[/tweet]

Just some bloke on twatter,  but you never know!
Posted by: Sigone, June 26, 2017, 11:41pm; Reply: 4
Matt Dannatt was talking about the 2 new Lincoln signings.
Posted by: golfer, June 27, 2017, 7:49am; Reply: 5
Fat Cobra and I will confirm if true. Our contacts are spread over a wide area to bring you the latest xxxxrumoursxxxx  NEWS-keep tuned-have we ever let you down  FC-G
Posted by: Fat Cobra, June 27, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 6
Our hotline received a call late last night (different time zone) from one of our highly respected whistle blowers, K.J.U. Kabongo Tshimanga will be signing on Thursday @1200 we expect him to sign a 1 year deal with the option of an extra year once targets have been met. K.J.U has proven to be an extremely reliable source and we share this leak with the upmost confidence. Brace yourselves for further imminent incomings. We try our upmost to share our breaking news on The Fishy immediately but due to logistical reasons this is sometimes not possible. Alternatively you can contact our news desk @ 0845 0121 1, please note this is a premium number.
FC-G

(This signing is expected coincidently on the day of our book launch...)
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), June 27, 2017, 9:27am; Reply: 7
Maynard and Slade connection = Cardiff
Posted by: golfer, June 27, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 8
FC-G connection---Lilleshall F.A. Conference Centre
Posted by: gtfc55, June 27, 2017, 10:17am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Our hotline received a call late last night (different time zone) from one of our highly respected whistle blowers, K.J.U. Kabongo Tshimanga will be signing on Thursday @1200 we expect him to sign a 1 year deal with the option of an extra year once targets have been met. K.J.U has proven to be an extremely reliable source and we share this leak with the upmost confidence. Brace yourselves for further imminent incomings. We try our upmost to share our breaking news on The Fishy immediately but due to logistical reasons this is sometimes not possible. Alternatively you can contact our news desk @ 0845 0121 1, please note this is a premium number.
FC-G

Just 21. Limited league experience. Just been released by MK Dons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabongo_Tshimanga
Posted by: golfer, June 27, 2017, 3:29pm; Reply: 10
Shima as we affectionately know him first came to the attention of the FC-G partnership when he was only 8 years old. At this young age he was being tipped as a star of the future but when Zaire became The Congo  the Diables Rouges as they were later known seem to lose interest but he was always in the thoughts of the FC-G partnership and he is mentioned several times in our most recent book which we are sure that you all will find very informative. Good reading.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 27, 2017, 5:50pm; Reply: 11
They're now saying the Maynard deal is dead, location problem.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 27, 2017, 6:01pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner_09

I can't understand has a 'deal' falls down over location.
The location is not negotiable, it doesn't fking move. So if it's a problem then a 'deal' should never even be considered. If the player blames location as a reason to pull out he's talking bollox.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 27, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Civvy at last

I can't understand has a 'deal' falls down over location.
The location is not negotiable, it doesn't fking move. So if it's a problem then a 'deal' should never even be considered. If the player blames location as a reason to pull out he's talking bollox.

Very good point!
Posted by: sam gy, June 27, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariner_09

Who are 'They'? Genuine question, not saying you're wrong.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 27, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 15
Matt Dannatt
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 27, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner_09

So when he "signed" he had the map the wrong way round , he then realised were Grimsby was and demanded his "signed" contract be torn up so Grimsby politely obliged.

Did we offer petrol money ?
Posted by: Davec, June 27, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner_09
Matt Dannatt

Matt Dannatt isn't saying the deal is off due to location is he? Somebody else has said they've heard the deal is off and Matt is telling that to the person who said originally we are signing him, in return this tweeted saying he has heard the deal could still be on
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 27, 2017, 6:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jonnyboy82

So when he "signed" he had the map the wrong way round , he then realised were Grimsby was and demanded his "signed" contract be torn up so Grimsby politely obliged.

He has a Grandmother who lives in Fleetwood so he thought he could lodge there while playing for us,

Then ???
Posted by: totalidiot, June 27, 2017, 6:57pm; Reply: 19
Would think if town are seriously trying to sign maynard then they are certainly pushing the boat out....he has been on some serious wages in the past
Posted by: Quagmire, June 27, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 20
Red cross me but would Maynard be that good a signing??

2 goals in 31 last season for MK Dons

Only 16 goals in 118 appearances over the last 5 years.

Undoubtedly would want a significant wage and he'll be 31 by the turn of the year.

I don't see it as a good signing personally.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, June 27, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 21
Can players not move?  I know they're not on Premier League salaries, but surely they can find a short term let in the area?  Grimsby is about the cheapest area for housing in the country so I'm sure it's not beyond the wit of the club to set a loanee up with an apartment and a train ticket home every fortnight is it?

Sounds like a smokescreen for something else to me.
Posted by: oldun, June 27, 2017, 8:00pm; Reply: 22
Well passed his peak
Posted by: totalidiot, June 27, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 23
It's obvious he is past his peak as are most players at 31....certainly doesn't mean he couldn't rip this league up and score plenty of goals
Posted by: RoboCod, June 27, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 24
Think I'd be more interested in Walker. Trouble is, so are other clubs  :X
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 27, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Map? Nah. In the days when people used maps footballers didn't use them. That's how Kevn Keegan was able to persuade Rob Lee to move from Charlton to Newcastle. 'Oh yeah, it's not as far north as Middlesborough Rob.'
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 27, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from oldun
Well passed his peak

Who did he pass it to? And doesn't he need one himself to shield his eyes from the sun?
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 27, 2017, 9:10pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Map? Nah. In the days when people used maps footballers didn't use them. That's how Kevn Keegan was able to persuade Rob Lee to move from Charlton to Newcastle. 'Oh yeah, it's not as far north as Middlesborough Rob.'

That reminds me when Middlesborough signed a Brazilian who's name eludes me at the moment,

After playing for them for a few months he was asked how he has settled in this country,

He replied, " nobody told me it got dark at 4 o'clock "
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 27, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from oldun
Well passed his peak

Who's he's passed it to?!?
Posted by: chaos33, June 27, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete

That reminds me when Middlesborough signed a Brazilian who's name eludes me at the moment,

After playing for them for a few months he was asked how he has settled in this country,

He replied, " nobody told me it got dark at 4 o'clock "

Juninho.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 27, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from chaos33

Juninho.

Thanks that's the one.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 27, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from chaos33

Juninho.

What a player!!!
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 27, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 32
Anyone expecting Maynard to sign will be disappointed i think. He's been previously in the championship arguably on 15-20k a week, accepting probably less than that at mk dons. But we couldnt afford the wages for Adam Chickson who went to bradford so extremely doubt we'd be in for Maynard. Id also expect maynard to stay in league one or higher.

Walker would be a good shout on a season loan though
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 27, 2017, 10:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Stew0_0
Anyone expecting Maynard to sign will be disappointed i think. He's been previously in the championship arguably on 15-20k a week, accepting probably less than that at mk dons. But we couldnt afford the wages for Adam Chickson who went to bradford so extremely doubt we'd be in for Maynard. Id also expect maynard to stay in league one or higher.

Walker would be a good shout on a season loan though

Think yhe level of football played a much bigger part in the Chicksen deal that money!

As much as I adore Town - choosing us or Bradford is no contest.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 27, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 34
Who was the flipping idiot that ruined ABiii? Didn't realise how far Grimsby was from Reading and developed a bad back from all the driving. I've managed to eradicate the lazy gets name from my memory.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 27, 2017, 10:44pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Who was the flipping idiot that ruined ABiii? Didn't realise how far Grimsby was from Reading and developed a bad back from all the driving. I've managed to eradicate the lazy gets name from my memory.

Oh god I've just got it...Martin flipping Butler. The man who (slightly) tarnished the reputation of the best town manager in my watching days.
Posted by: oldun, June 28, 2017, 8:08am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Who's he's passed it to?!?

Past it!
Posted by: Sigone, June 29, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Fat Cobra
FC-G

?????? In fairness you didn't say what Thursday
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 4:41am