Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, June 25, 2017, 11:27am
Article in todays sunday mirror, forest mulling over an offer from us to take this guy on a season long loan. Son of des. Could be balderdash but something to discuss
Posted by: Superdan147, June 25, 2017, 11:35am; Reply: 1
Hoping it is true! Huge potential and was reportedly looked at by Man Utd, spurs, arsenal amongst others a couple of years back: had a couple of decent loan spells at Stevenage and port vale in recent times. (6 goals in 18 appearances between them last year) meant to be quick and athletic. I know that port vale fans are really hoping they get him back on loan too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 25, 2017, 11:47am; Reply: 2
Also heard that Roof Worker was having a trail,

His father predicted he was destined to go on to higher things.( joke )

Looks a good prospect Forest have a couple of really good young strikers on their books apart from the senior players,

So a year long loan could suit all concerned.
Posted by: LH, June 25, 2017, 11:56am; Reply: 3
Fits in with the Championship striker rumour from last week. Relatively good strike rate in L1 and 2 considering how few games he played in.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 25, 2017, 12:02pm; Reply: 4
Fits in with the "keeping it in the family" tradition we have going on at the minute.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, June 25, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 5
Story also in the Sun so if we believe what we read in tabloids this story, like Tyler, appears to have "legs"!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 25, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Story also in the Sun so if we believe what we read in tabloids this story, like Tyler, appears to have "legs"!!

2 good ones I hope  :)
Posted by: psgmariner, June 25, 2017, 2:31pm; Reply: 7
Feel sorry for him. Imagine growing up with Des Walker as your dad. Every time you take him on at anything you lose.
Posted by: newarkmariner, June 26, 2017, 6:41am; Reply: 8
Living in Newark I'm surrounded by Forest fans and they rate him highly, they also say he is a little down the pecking order when it comes to there strikers and say it would be a very good move for both party's as he will do a very good job for us , fingers crossed
Posted by: Maringer, June 26, 2017, 7:33am; Reply: 9
That's the sort loan signing you'd want to see, both for us and for him with both parties able to benefit. Just as long as there wasn't any sort of agreement that he should be a starter because every player needs to earn their place in the team.

Can't believe Des Walker's son is a striker - must have been a competitive little so and so as a kid trying to get past his Dad when kicking about in the back garden!
Posted by: forza ivano, June 26, 2017, 10:50am; Reply: 10
http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-striker-tyler-walker-reportedly-set-for-loan-move-to-grimsby-town/story-30408815-detail/story.html

incisive journalism at its best - newspaper simply repeating another newspaper's story.Nice work if you can get it
Posted by: oldun, June 26, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 11
Ligament injury in Feb. Let's hope he is sorted if he comes here as Asante is still I recovery mode. Need a striker ready to play.
Posted by: gtfc98, June 26, 2017, 12:03pm; Reply: 12
Well it won't be Matt Green. Signed for Lincoln
Posted by: wiggers, June 26, 2017, 12:09pm; Reply: 13
Really hope this one comes off.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 26, 2017, 12:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from gtfc98
Well it won't be Matt Green. Signed for Lincoln

Perfect fit IMO.
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 26, 2017, 12:58pm; Reply: 15
Ollie Palmer signs for the GIMPS too. Not a bad forward line
Posted by: Numanoid, June 26, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 16
Port vale sniffing around for Tyler too

Posted by: TheGoalKipper, June 26, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Numanoid
Port vale sniffing around for Tyler too

The fact that he played for them last season could be a clincher for them as he knows the players allready and the way they play. Sad really. Sounds a decent signing

Posted by: Mariner93er, June 26, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 18
Is that really that much of a clincher. The players must have changed a lot, and the way they play can't have been great considering they got relegated.
Posted by: Maringer, June 26, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 19
Nottingham to Stoke - easy, 1 hour journey down the A50.

Nottingham to Grimsby - more difficult 1 hour 45 or even 2 hour journey.

Little doubt in my mind which one he'd opt for, unfortunately.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, June 26, 2017, 2:02pm; Reply: 20
Depends which side of Notts he lives Maringer. The A 50 has plenty of bottlenecks at peak times.
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 26, 2017, 2:30pm; Reply: 21
i imagine it will come down to proposed playing time and wages covered as opposed to the extra 45 minutes driving time.
Posted by: Superdan147, June 26, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 22
Hoping that mark warburton will see RS and wilko as the perfect pair to bring the best out of him. Hopefully this alone swings it in our favour
Posted by: golfer, June 26, 2017, 4:32pm; Reply: 23
Have seen him a couple of times-not very tall but seems pretty quick off the mark Like Amond [or Jimmy Greaves] hope he's fit and we get him-gives us different options If we get him I'll be straight down to B.P. to get my season ticket.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:42pm