Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, June 22, 2017, 8:48am
Not as a footballer with GTFC but as a new Sport Science Coach who works as a performance analyst.

Something that Hurst and Bignot always wanted
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, June 22, 2017, 9:04am; Reply: 1
You got the link mate.
Posted by: Simariner, June 22, 2017, 9:11am; Reply: 2
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
You got the link mate.

Can't find a link as the new GY Telegraph online format is rubbish!!  

Its in the GY Telegraph paper its self
Posted by: forza ivano, June 22, 2017, 10:38am; Reply: 3
His LinkedIn page
https://www.linkedin.com/in/asser-lutu-994a9351/?ppe=1
Posted by: golfer, June 22, 2017, 10:39am; Reply: 4
Don't think it is what  Hurst or Bignot wanted-didn't they want a coach to improve fitness
Posted by: Tommy, June 22, 2017, 10:48am; Reply: 5
Yeah he's a Performance Analyst, not a Strength & Conditioning Coach.
Posted by: Tommy, June 22, 2017, 10:52am; Reply: 6
A Town fan on twitter (apologies don't know if on here) has posted a link to this video of Asser:

https://youtu.be/oY6yMb6uxV8
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 22, 2017, 11:55am; Reply: 7
I think anybody who can make GTFC more competitive is certainly welcome aboard.

I think having that additional help could help with recruitment too.
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, June 22, 2017, 12:13pm; Reply: 8
Still need a s&c coach. Welcome to the club though, if you can help get the best out of our players then you'll be a welcome addition.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 22, 2017, 12:17pm; Reply: 9
It's all good having stats but it's what you do with them that counts, though as they say "what gets measured gets managed" so it feels like a positive thing.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 22, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It's all good having stats but it's what you do with them that counts, though as they say "what gets measured gets managed" so it feels like a positive thing.

I guess it depends on what you are measuring 🤔
Posted by: acko338, June 22, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 11
There's hundreds of amateur performance analysts on this site who will study his reports - let's hope the fitness coach is on the way to remove niggley injuries from players over a season length and get a fit squad playing at 100% for 90 minutes every game !!
Posted by: JMT, June 22, 2017, 1:13pm; Reply: 12
is he also a a scout?
looking at his youtube video's it seems like he is..
Posted by: golfer, June 22, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from acko338
There's hundreds of amateur performance analysts on this site who will study his reports - let's hope the fitness coach is on the way to remove niggley injuries from players over a season length and get a fit squad playing at 100% for 90 minutes every game !!

In the" good old days" you had a manager and a trainer and a football team-now you have a long list before you get down to a director of football, the manager,his assistant.a physio,a trainer a psychologist a fitness coach a young players mentor etc. Then you have the players [if you can afford any] together with their agents and financial advisors--no wonder we are having to have a 10% ticket increase next year but who cares as long as I can get my spoonful of Bovril for £2-20 and sit in my central heated stand in my comfy chair and watch a team deploy all the tactics and skill that they have been taught. Oh to have my career ahead of me again.
Posted by: Jaws, June 22, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 14
Hard to say if he is any good judging by the performance of his teams in the seasons he was there.

His last club in Qatar survived relegation by 6 points.
Before that Birmingham, survived relegation on goal difference.
Before that Dag & Red, survived relegation on goal difference.
Posted by: Rick12, June 22, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Agree.Good move by the club.Makes it more professional

Posted by: Rick12, June 22, 2017, 6:31pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Jaws
Hard to say if he is any good judging by the performance of his teams in the seasons he was there.

His last club in Qatar survived relegation by 6 points.
Before that Birmingham, survived relegation on goal difference.
Before that Dag & Red, survived relegation on goal difference.
Would of been interesting to see where they would of been without him though

Posted by: moosey_club, June 22, 2017, 6:38pm; Reply: 17
Here's a couple of freebies for you Asser,

our performance on creating goals / chances from long throw ins was fking terrible.

our performance defending free kicks around our penalty box was fking terrible.

Welcome aboard.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 18
Hope this works out well for all.

In conventional job terms he's never been any where for long. But it is football
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, June 22, 2017, 7:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from acko338

I wonder if they need a Health & Safety adviser as well ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 22, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 20
He doesn't actually do anything does he apart from use software for measurements? Then it's down to someone else to decide what to do with them. In the past I've thought there has been something wrong with the way players are prepared for action at BP. Too many strains and sprains "in training" for one thing. Not sure how this chap is going to help with that or how he will fit in to the system. What he's doing sounds like a secretary being able to use Word and Excel.
Posted by: TAGG, June 22, 2017, 7:59pm; Reply: 21
Why does Slade need a Performance Analyst when he has the fishy??? 😂😂
Posted by: golfer, June 22, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 22
What does a manager and assistant manager do nowadays-serious question-do they have discussions with the boss like on" Gordon Ramsey"
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 22, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from golfer
What does a manager and assistant manager do nowadays-serious question

It's bloody obvious.

A manager manages and the assistant manager assists him !

FFS
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 22, 2017, 8:24pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from golfer
What does a manager and assistant manager do nowadays-serious question

When Buckley first came with Arthur Mann I think they did everything except wash the kit. ;D
Posted by: golfer, June 22, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Civvy at last

It's bloody obvious.

A manager manages and the assistant manager assists him !

FFS

It takes 2 to manage 20 odd players oh I forgot-there's the trainer, the physio. the strength coach.the fitness coach.the psycho coach , the goalkeeper coach etc.-  I get it -they pick the team  FFS
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 22, 2017, 9:24pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from moosey_club
Here's a couple of freebies for you Asser,

our performance on creating goals / chances from long throw ins was fking terrible.

our performance defending free kicks around our penalty box was fking terrible.

Welcome aboard.

Our performance in giving free kicks away around our penalty area was pretty impressive. ;)
Posted by: Maringer, June 23, 2017, 7:25am; Reply: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

Our performance in giving free kicks away around our penalty area was pretty impressive. ;)

It's been one of our great strengths for many years.  :-/
Posted by: Cloudy, June 26, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 28
Local lad Greg Howard back at the club as Sports Scientist/ S&C coach.
Bright lad, just hope management & players buy into him.
Posted by: oldun, June 27, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 29
I guess his role is to measure the contribution and fitness of individual players. Mind you, you do not need a computer to tell you Berret hardly makes a tackle, Summerfield runs about a lot but gives the ball away, Tombola is quick but the end result is often missing, Zak Mills can throw the ball a long way, Macca fails to come and catch crosses and parries shots to the opposition strikers, Davies can get beaten for speed, Vernon does not shoot much, McAllister is often injured. Anyone, wish to add to the analysis to help this chap with his measuring.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 27, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 30
The Zak Mills one's debatable!
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 8:54pm