Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: adzmayte, June 11, 2017, 7:06pm
CHARITY AUCTION - 2016/17 Match Worn Town shirt! As worn by Akwasi Asante!

Please bid below πŸ‘‡πŸΌπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

#UTM

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Worn-Grimsby-Town-16-17-Home-Shirt-Akwasi-Asante-/272712745006?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE
Posted by: Tommy, June 12, 2017, 1:01am; Reply: 1
Questions to be asked of the validity of GTFC's certificates of authenticity if they've signed this off as Asante's match worn shirt from the Accrington away game (where he can be seen on the highlights scoring wearing his no.33 shirt).
Posted by: Superdan147, June 12, 2017, 8:09am; Reply: 2
I often question if they are all genuine match worn shirts tbh. I once bought Omar bogles shirt from the 2015/2016 season. Baring in mind that Omar is over 6 foot and built pretty well, I was amazed to find his shirt was actually a MEDIUM! The errea shirts are also quite tight fitting. I'm slightly taller than Omar and probably fairly similar build wise and an XL is tight on me
Posted by: pizzzza, June 12, 2017, 8:25am; Reply: 3
Also, the shirt is number 29. Dyson was 29 last season Asante was 33  ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 12, 2017, 8:37am; Reply: 4
How strange, it's no longer available !!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 12, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last
How strange, it's no longer available !!

haha...item no longer available as its either lost or broken.......or much more likely COMPLETELY FAKE and now rumbled !!!

Are fake goods the business of the police or customs and excise ??

Explain yourself adzmayte.....
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 12, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 6
In the late 80's I  was once the proud owner of a Nike Lacoste T shirt.
It had a Nike label inside the collar and a Lacoste alligator on the shirt itself.
Not bad for the equivalent of Β£1-30 in Dubai.
I wonder if it's the same seller πŸ˜‰
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 12, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
In the late 80's I  was once the proud owner of a Nike Lacoste T shirt.
It had a Nike label inside the collar and a Lacoste alligator on the shirt itself.
Not bad for the equivalent of Β£1-30 in Dubai.
I wonder if it's the same seller πŸ˜‰

The original link and the person selling the shirt is Adam Thurston, the groundhopper who has become a bit of a Mariners fans with his numerous visits to our games.

Hopefully he come back on this thread and give us some sort of explanation as to what's gone on here.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 12, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 8
Was this the shirt he had when he was presented to the press? And maybe for some reason his number got changed (Dyson was not at GTFC when Asante signed)?

That's all I can think of anyway. I certainly can't believe that someone has deliberately knocked up a fake shirt 'belonging' to a bloke who started 2 League 2 games last season!
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 12, 2017, 1:41pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

The original link and the person selling the shirt is Adam Thurston, the groundhopper who has become a bit of a Mariners fans with his numerous visits to our games.

Hopefully he come back on this thread and give us some sort of explanation as to what's gone on here.

I don't think he's old enough to have been knocking out dodgy designer gear in the 80's Les. So he's ok for that one !!
Posted by: Tommy, June 12, 2017, 2:10pm; Reply: 10
https://twitter.com/athurston_1996/status/873931116096434176

https://twitter.com/Sam_Strandt/status/874010810212904962
Posted by: Tommy, June 12, 2017, 2:13pm; Reply: 11
^^^ Don't think Adam is to blame, or trying to con anyone.

Seems like the Club have given him an Asante 29 shirt and claimed it's the one he wore away at Accrington. And provided a certificate of authenticity.

But obviously Asante's number is 33 and he can be seen wearing 33 on the YouTube highlights for that game when he scores.

https://youtu.be/U2MUEtUF9_Y
Posted by: pizzzza, June 12, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy

Who is San Strandt? Anything to do with the club?

Ian Fleming has signed the certificate.  This is at best a mistake, at worst fraudulent.

How can a "Certificate of Authenticity" be issued without being 100% sure it is authentic?!
Posted by: Abdul19, June 12, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 13
"Commercial, Marketing & Media Assistant + Social Media manager for @officialgtfc - Leeds Met Graduate - All views are my own"
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 12, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 14
His name is Sam not San, and is the clubs Commercial & Marketing Assistant
Posted by: LH, June 12, 2017, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
Of course a true Grimsby Town connoisseur would recognise the fault with this shirt instantly and you would never expect a part-timer to see it.

;)
Posted by: Kris2, June 12, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 16
I see this is another fine example of the club's marketing team at work. Did they really lie to a person who was looking to sell something for charity and rang them up for anything they could donate? I guess now they'll be scrambling to get a shirt printed with the right number so they can pass it off as the real one.
Posted by: chaos33, June 12, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 17
Any Town fans own genuine first team shirts worn on match days?
I guess if a player gives a shirt to you, it's more of guarantee of authenticity. I've got a 2015/16 wembley play off final shirt given to me by a squad member, although I can't claim it as 'match worn' as said player didn't get off the bench!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 12, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from chaos33
I guess if a player gives a shirt to you, it's more of guarantee of authenticity. I've got a 2015/16 wembley play off final shirt given to me by a squad member, although I can't claim it as 'match worn' as said player didn't get off the bench!

market it as  "Wembley worn" .... ;)
Posted by: Simariner, June 14, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 19
Now this is slightly embarrassing    :B
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 14, 2017, 3:59pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from chaos33

I've a match shirt as worn by the great Kevin  Kilmore before the days of replica shirts.

No letter of authenticity but when you see your dad come out of the changing rooms after a match with shirt in hand you don't need one and no he didn't steal it, was given to him by the great man himself.

Priceless
Posted by: Superdan147, June 14, 2017, 5:19pm; Reply: 21
Wow would love to see a pic of that sussexmariner
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 14, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Superdan147
Wow would love to see a pic of that sussexmariner

In the cupboard at my mum's at the moment but it's the one with the itchy material and the upside down "L" shape Findus logo  and I stand to be corrected but I'm sure it had a number six on the back
Posted by: Superdan147, June 14, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 23
Ahh then 1980 shirt then :) I collect shirts and only recently acquired bobby Mitchell's 1980 shirt!
Posted by: fishyfanny, June 15, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Sussexmariner

In the cupboard at my mum's at the moment but it's the one with the itchy material and the upside down "L" shape Findus logo  and I stand to be corrected but I'm sure it had a number six on the back

I thought Kev Kilmore was no.8?
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 16, 2017, 6:42am; Reply: 25
Quoted from fishyfanny

I thought Kev Kilmore was no.8?

It's authenticated by Diane Abbott πŸ˜‰
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 6:32pm