Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BraStrap, June 9, 2017, 11:22am
I see Mariners Net is doing Live Streaming For Overseas Fans next season. If I have an overseas friend can they watch it when they visit this country?
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 9, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 1
Short answer, no.

Better tech-minded people than myself will be able to answer this fully.  But my understanding is that viewing the streams will be based on your IP address (i.e not in the UK).  As soon as your friend visits this country and logs on it will be a UK based IP address.

Unless they use a VPN....
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 9, 2017, 11:57am; Reply: 2
I'm on holiday for the first game of the season, very handy feature this!
Posted by: pizzzza, June 9, 2017, 12:02pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from BraStrap
If I have an overseas friend can they watch it when they visit this country?

If he is here then he wouldn't be overseas would he?
Posted by: GrimRob, June 9, 2017, 1:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
Short answer, no.

Better tech-minded people than myself will be able to answer this fully.  But my understanding is that viewing the streams will be based on your IP address (i.e not in the UK).  As soon as your friend visits this country and logs on it will be a UK based IP address.

Unless they use a VPN....

I presume it's to do with the registration process rather than the location of the user when they happen to be using it. I shouldn't think Town would provide it to anyone with a UK address.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 9, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 5
I think my German friend, er, Jurgen might be signing up for this!
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 9, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob

I presume it's to do with the registration process rather than the location of the user when they happen to be using it. I shouldn't think Town would provide it to anyone with a UK address.

I hope so because I also have a German friend called Jurgen...
Posted by: HotToddy, June 9, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 7
I spoke to Dale at the club only yesterday and he said there is going to be a shirt offer for Mariners Player subscribers soon
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, June 10, 2017, 12:47am; Reply: 8
Quoted from HotToddy
I spoke to Dale at the club only yesterday and he said there is going to be a shirt offer for Mariners Player subscribers soon

Wearing a shirt  whilst watching mariners player will entitle you to a free vest.

Allegedly
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:21pm