Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 7, 2017, 1:11pm
Anyone else surprised by lack of announcements?

Or are all signings done and due to be announced weekly thru June?
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 7, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 1
Dont reckon there will be loads anyway tbh. 3 or 4 at the most
Posted by: Grimal, June 7, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Anyone else surprised by lack of announcements?

Or are all signings done and due to be announced weekly thru June?

Just waiting for the next batch of players to be released, the first batch were all snapped up by Mansfield. ;)

Posted by: Garth, June 7, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 3
Work with what we`ve got apart from a keeper
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 7, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 4
We probably only need 2 centre halves, a left back and a striker now and by all accounts Nathan Clarke has already signed and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if we've already signed the positions I've listed and are drip feeding the news and they'll be another announcement when season ticket sales are lulling a bit.

Remie Streete
Nathan Clarke
Adam Chicksen
Alex Revell

Sounds like a fantasy list but you never know!
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 7, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 5
I know, I can't believe it. The season starts on Saturday!  :)
Posted by: Maringer, June 7, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 6
If we don't make a few signings soon, I'm going to wait even longer to open the envelope containing my season ticket application which arrived the other week!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 7, 2017, 2:18pm; Reply: 7
Shhhh! You'll wake up Golfer. ;)

Anyway, it's normal.  I'd rather wait for something settled than a load of rumours.
Posted by: Hertsmariner, June 7, 2017, 4:28pm; Reply: 8
I suspect most players are still sunning themselves on holiday and the signing of contracts, even when already agreed, will only take place once they return. Relax!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 7, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
We probably only need 2 centre halves, a left back and a striker now and by all accounts Nathan Clarke has already signed and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if we've already signed the positions I've listed and are drip feeding the news and they'll be another announcement when season ticket sales are lulling a bit.

Remie Streete
Nathan Clarke
Adam Chicksen
Alex Revell

Sounds like a fantasy list but you never know!

You? Fantasy? Never! ;)
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 7, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 10
PS I didn't say I was bothered by it, only that I was surprised by it.

RS said he wanted to squad in place for pre season so I'm trusting that to be the case.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 7, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 11
Training starts on the 26th of June so plenty of time yet.
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 7, 2017, 6:21pm; Reply: 12
Not overly concerned just yet. Often a contract and terms are agreed between club and agent already but have to wait until the player comes back from a holiday to sign the paperwork and do the press work. Im guessing we have at least a couple ready to be announced already.
Posted by: golfer, June 8, 2017, 5:50am; Reply: 13
Shhhh! You'll wake up Golfer. ;)

Anyway, it's normal.  I'd rather wait for something settled than a load of rumours.

Uh Uh Uh   I'm awake---PS  How do you spell  "Return to Sender"-got to rush-catching the train to "Wrexham"  :)
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, June 8, 2017, 6:54pm; Reply: 14
Wilko speaking on Humberside tonight re rumours for  Nathan Clarke and Gavin Massey.  Didn't really give much away and certainly Nathan Clarke has been mentioned but Gavin Massey seems a new one on the radar.
Posted by: Superdan147, June 8, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Cayman_mariner
Wilko speaking on Humberside tonight re rumours for  Nathan Clarke and Gavin Massey.  Didn't really give much away and certainly Nathan Clarke has been mentioned but Gavin Massey seems a new one on the radar.

Do you have the link mate?
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, June 8, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 16
Not found a link just to the interview. If you listen to the program here and jump to  47:55  its just after:

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p053qz78[/url]

To be honest he straight bats most of the questions and doesn't really give much away.

Posted by: Mariner_09, June 8, 2017, 7:59pm; Reply: 17
Gavin Massey has interest from Pompey so there's no chance that we'll get him.
Posted by: Bigdog, June 8, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 18
We're all eager to see new faces, but to put it into perspective, there are a few clubs in League Two who haven't signed anyone yet..
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 8, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Bigdog
We're all eager to see new faces, but to put it into perspective, there are a few clubs in League Two who haven't signed anyone yet..

Barring re-signing existing players.... Lincoln, Danny Cowley has already missed out on a couple of targets.

Posted by: Posh Harry, June 8, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Barring re-signing existing players.... Lincoln, Danny Cowley has already missed out on a couple of targets.

Have they not (or are about to) signed Ollie palmer? Been reported on another forum.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 12:17am