Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, May 23, 2017, 2:28pm
[url]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10889925/england-1-1-guinea-chelsea-youngster-scores-freak-own-goal-at-u20-world-cup[/url]
Posted by: Maringer, May 23, 2017, 2:34pm; Reply: 1
Defender's fault without a doubt - can't play totally blind passes like that and expect to get away with it.

I see the Under-20s have got the tactic of pointless passes around midfield with the ball travelling ever-backwards which (usually) leads to a hack upfield by the keeper down to a tee. Just like the senior team.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 23, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Bit of both, WTF was Henderson doing so far out of his box. ??
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, May 23, 2017, 2:58pm; Reply: 3
That was Hendersons fault as much as it was the defenders.

Dean Henderson could break his team mates legs and head but the referee before setting fire to the stadium and people on here would still defend him or turn a blind eye.

Imaging if that was a Grimsby game and it was Mckeown and Danny Andrew Involved, Mckeown would be slaughtered.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 23, 2017, 3:05pm; Reply: 4
Defenders fault 100%, you just cannot play blind passes like that back to your keeper. Don't see anything wrong with Henderson being so far out his goal, fairly standard in the modern game when your own team is in possession.
Posted by: oldun, May 23, 2017, 3:18pm; Reply: 5
Henderson too far out and too central. If he was further back he would have had time to pick the ball up.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 23, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 6
100% defenders fault, I see no problem in Hendersons position at all.
Posted by: Maringer, May 23, 2017, 3:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Imaging if that was a Grimsby game and it was Mckeown and Danny Andre Involved, Mckeown would be slaughtered.

Why? The defender turned around and kicked the ball past the keeper who was in a position where he couldn't possibly stop it. As a former full-back, I'd blame myself entirely in that situation.

For reference, I was one of those who never understood the immediate love-in some fans had with Henderson, good keeper though he may be.
Posted by: Tommy, May 23, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 8
The goalkeeper is exactly where he should be when the team are in possession higher up the pitch.

Don't know where anyone thinks he's supposed to be at that point?
Posted by: gary_elton, May 23, 2017, 3:58pm; Reply: 9
We wouldn't want a goalkeeper like that at Town... now would we... ????   Defenders fault... back passes should never be kick straight at goal... slightly to one side....
Posted by: Mariner93er, May 23, 2017, 4:13pm; Reply: 10
I happened to see this live, and it was definitely the full back. It was clear from the way England were playing that Henderson was suppose to take up such a position, and you can't blindly play it back.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 23, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 11
Mixture of the two - however, if he wants a full season of football to get his confidence back......
Posted by: gtfc98, May 23, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 12
Bit of both for me, but more swayed towards Henderson. Awful backpass but Henderson is too far out of his area.
Posted by: immariner, May 23, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 13
Defender's fault, no question. There was absolutely no need to play a blind pass at such pace and you should never, unless you have no alternative, put a backpass with any pace, on target.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 23, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 14
If that was Macca, everyone on here would say "definitely keeper's fault" but since it's he who can do no wrong Henderson, it's clearly not his
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 23, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner_09
If that was Macca, everyone on here would say "definitely keeper's fault" but since it's he who can do no wrong Henderson, it's clearly not his

So you wouldn't want Henderson back next season then?
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 23, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So you wouldn't want Henderson back next season then?

I'd have him back. But I would also be able to recognise an error when I see one. Just like I did at Stevenage!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 17
Defender all the way. He shouldn't be making a back pass without looking. There could be an opposition player able to intercept. And you don't kick the ball anywhere with pace without looking.
Posted by: chaos33, May 23, 2017, 7:13pm; Reply: 18
Freak occurrence that doesn't reflect well on either defender or keeper but the question is ....why has the defender made that decision? There's no need to pass back from there, and especially not at pace and in the centre of the goal. The defender carries the can for a poor selection of options.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2017, 7:17pm; Reply: 19
Blind back pass hit at pace towards middle of goal = fatal.
Posted by: golfer, May 23, 2017, 7:32pm; Reply: 20
The fans new found favorite-Macca would have saved it-I have never seen Macca halfway down the pitch - this must have been one of the things he learnt off Bignot :)
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 23, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 21
The gt coverage of Henderson is embarrassing . They are so far up the bottom of gtfc it makesme sick .
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 23, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 22
The gt coverage of Henderson is embarrassing . They are so far up the bottom of gtfc it makesme sick .
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 23, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 23
Posted by: golfer, May 23, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from fleabag1970

I've given you 3 green ticks-how many more do you want :)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 23, 2017, 8:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from gary_elton
We wouldn't want a goalkeeper like that at Town... now would we... ????   Defenders fault... back passes should never be kick straight at goal... slightly to one side....

The golden rule.....never between the sticks.... just in case
Posted by: Kris2, May 23, 2017, 9:11pm; Reply: 26
Is this the new thing we're not allowed to like or praise Henderson in any way because he doesn't play for us now? "Look! Don't you think that was Henderson's fault? If you say it's not then you're an behind kisser" Yes Henderson should stay perfectly still on his line in case any of his defenders randomly decide to boot the ball as hard as they can at their own goal without looking. He had loads of time to play the ball and he chose to do that.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 23, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Civvy at last

I'd have him back. But I would also be able to recognise an error when I see one. Just like I did at Stevenage!!

I blamed Mills for that goal.
Posted by: mrsd, May 23, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 28
Not a patch on Alan Poutin's own goal ⚽️
Posted by: Laddy89, May 23, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 29
As a goalkeeper myself I find it hard to believe some of you are saying it's Hendersons fault. England had easy possession and the defender drilled one past hendo who had to slide full stretch to try get anywhere near it.

Absolutely no1's fault but the defenders.
Posted by: mrsd, May 23, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 30
Pouton, stupid fat fingers!!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from mrsd
Pouton, stupid fat fingers!!!!

He had his faults, but I never noticed his fingers.  ;)
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 3:36am