Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 21, 2017, 9:42pm
Did anyone go to the charity match today?  Interested to hear about some of the ex players turning out and if there was a decent turn out to watch the game etc...
Posted by: Cloudy, May 21, 2017, 9:59pm; Reply: 1
Still can't believe the club charged the Trust so much money to use the pitch knowing the various games were to raise money for charity
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 21, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 2
I took my young lad to his first game so you can imagine how little football I watched.

Croft played in the middle and was a class above, pinging the ball around brilliantly. North was a shadow of his former self but took his first goal well.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 21, 2017, 10:44pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cloudy
Still can't believe the club charged the Trust so much money to use the pitch knowing the various games were to raise money for charity

Really how much? Why would they charge knowing it is for charity?
Posted by: Cloudy, May 22, 2017, 6:41am; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza

Really how much? Why would they charge knowing it is for charity?

£1500. Lloyd Griffith is furious, he has given an interview to the telegraph but I bet they don't publish what he said because they are in the clubs pocket
Posted by: supertown, May 22, 2017, 7:49am; Reply: 5
Total guess but wouldn't that be for 'expenses'to the club? We are not made of money and can't be expected to pay for every charity do
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 22, 2017, 8:11am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy

£1500 I heard.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 22, 2017, 8:13am; Reply: 7
Really enjoyed the day. Played in the last game and kept them down to barely double figures,  ??)
Posted by: Cloudy, May 22, 2017, 8:14am; Reply: 8
Quoted from supertown
Total guess but wouldn't that be for 'expenses'to the club? We are not made of money and can't be expected to pay for every charity do

What costs were incurred by the club? The club certainly didnt 'pay for the charity do'
Posted by: Simariner, May 22, 2017, 8:17am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Cloudy

What costs were incurred by the club? The club certainly didnt 'pay for the charity do'

I believe the Trust had to pay for the ref/linesmen and the stewards that were there on the day.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 22, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Simariner

I believe the Trust had to pay for the ref/linesmen and the stewards that were there on the day.

That's fair enough, and bar staff. I'd be interested to know how the club came up with a figure of £1500 though.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 22, 2017, 8:27am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Simariner

I must say i assumed the club were paying the stewards but if fact the club had no expenses whatsoever??
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 22, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 12
When i was a steward I was asked if I would donate my eages to the charity / testimonial when we covered them.  Ie do it for free
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 22, 2017, 8:41am; Reply: 13
Wasn't Imperialcoroner reffing?
Posted by: Cloudy, May 22, 2017, 8:53am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Wasn't Imperialcoroner reffing?

He refereed the 'celebrity' game but there was a Bloodwise game in memory of Richard Broadley plus a Trust members game and various games for kids
Posted by: Kristine, May 22, 2017, 9:35am; Reply: 15
All match officials were volunteers, apart from Imperial and his team who paid for the pleasure as part of Op Pro
Posted by: Cloudy, May 22, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Kristine
All match officials were volunteers, apart from Imperial and his team who paid for the pleasure as part of Op Pro

So can you confirm that the club charged the Trust £1500 for the use of the pitch for the day?

In the long run i guess most of what the Trust raise goes to the club anyway but from afar it seems an extremely one sided arrangement
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 22, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 17
Yeah I paid to ref but it was worth it. Croft was the best player I've had the privilege to referee (we'll apart from son Forest and Notts lads when I was over there). Was a fantastic day and huge thanks the the Trust for putting it on.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 22, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 18
How old is Gary Croft?

Surely he CDAJATL if Andrew leaves 😀😀😀
Posted by: mariner83, May 22, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 19
[tweet]866570830595149824[/tweet]
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 22, 2017, 11:13pm; Reply: 20
I had a great time being involved yesterday. Massive thanks to the MarinersTrust for allowing me to be a part of a fantastic day and topped with a crap 45 mins in goal for me during the Trust Members game.

Great days guys, keep up the great work.
Posted by: Kristine, May 23, 2017, 10:09am; Reply: 21
What I will say that anything the club raise from play on the pitch does go to PPAG for the youth academy kids as well as money raised for different charities on the various days.
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 23, 2017, 10:36am; Reply: 22
Quoted from LondonMariner43
How old is Gary Croft?

Surely he CDAJATL if Andrew leaves 😀😀😀

Yeah sell his house.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 23, 2017, 11:16am; Reply: 23
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
I had a great time being involved yesterday. Massive thanks to the MarinersTrust for allowing me to be a part of a fantastic day and topped with a crap 45 mins in goal for me during the Trust Members game.

Great days guys, keep up the great work.

Was good to meet you Andy, even if I could barely understand a word you said!

Padge
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 24, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Kristine
What I will say that anything the club raise from play on the pitch does go to PPAG for the youth academy kids as well as money raised for different charities on the various days.

So the club did charge the trust for the pitch for a game that  contributed to the 100k the Trust raised? The club just rips the urine out of the trust.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 24, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 75

Was good to meet you Andy, even if I could barely understand a word you said!

Padge

Aye you too mate, will have a beer in the new season when I'm down. Will talk slowly so you can understand me  ;D

Mind, this picture of me in that green GK doesn't suit me at all.  Mates haven't let me live it down yet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarinersTrust/status/866539664911601664/photo/3
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 24, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Aye you too mate, will have a beer in the new season when I'm down. Will talk slowly so you can understand me  ;D

Mind, this picture of me in that green GK doesn't suit me at all.  Mates haven't let me live it down yet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarinersTrust/status/866539664911601664/photo/3

Look forward to a beer Kermit. ;-)
Posted by: mariner83, May 25, 2017, 4:46pm; Reply: 27
[url=https://postimg.org/image/dx6oji2id/][img]https://s10.postimg.org/wcr5gwgmx/paper.jpg[/img][/url]
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 25, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 28
"As a Trust we do exist to put money into the club"
Is that really the position of the trust?
Print page generated: May 15, 2024, 6:30am