Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 21, 2017, 5:28pm
As I am old skool.
Loving the season from the tahgers. Cracking result today.
Have grown up a lot with regard to local rivalry.
But some things can only be burried for so long.

ASOTNSOTB.

UTM
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 21, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 1
Go on tell us
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 21, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 2

I'm from Hull originally and watched Wagstaff, McKechnie and Chilton as a kid with my dad but what does ASOTNSOTB stand for please.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 21, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 3
Go on tell us

Wondered what you where on about. Then realised how I worded my post.

Nothing to do with an incident being burried.  What I meant was that I am a lot more mature (ish) regarding hating 'Yorkies' etc.  

But Hull will always be our bitterest rivals in my eyes and I can't keep my delight at any downfall of theirs hidden.

Sorry to be so boring.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 21, 2017, 5:51pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm from Hull originally and watched Wagstaff, McKechnie and Chilton as a kid with my dad but what does ASOTNSOTB stand for please.

Always sh1t on the north side of the bridge. Sung to the tune of always look on the bright side of life.  The gullies sing the same but replace North with South.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 21, 2017, 5:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last

Always sh1t on the north side of the bridge. Sung to the tune of always look on the bright side of life.  The gullies sing the same but replace North with South. I'm at

Thanks for clarifying that Civvy.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 21, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 6
I'm sure most Tahhgers fans are more vitriolic toward their owners than they are toward us, who they probably couldn't care less about.

Probably generational (I saw us beat them in the League Cup in 1989 as a seven year old, and haven't seen us play them since) but I can't really feel too fussed until we meet them in League 1 or the Championship in two seasons' time.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 21, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 7
The Allams have got what they deserve. Silva gave them hope but fully expect him to take another job in the Prem and stick one or two fingers up to the owners.
Posted by: gobby, May 21, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 8
In the same league as you Simon, absolutely adore watching the dark side lose. Dislike Lincoln, hate Scunny, but Ull! Nobody comes close to the rivalry I feel about them. 1-7 ha, made my day😀😎
UTMM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2017, 7:56pm; Reply: 9
In the 70s when I first started going to BP and onwards we have not really played them that often so I always disliked them, Lincoln and the Scunts but had what can be termed as a "football hatred" for Sheff W, Sheff U, Leeds and Barnsley.

In recent years though the sickening sucking up to anyone involved with The Targers by anyone remotely involved with Radio Humberside has fostered a rekindled hatred for them, well done & thank you  Dave Burns I say!  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 21, 2017, 8:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In the 70s when I first started going to BP and onwards we have not really played them that often so I always disliked them, Lincoln and the Scunts but had what can be termed as a "football hatred" for Sheff W, Sheff U, Leeds and Barnsley.

In recent years though the sickening sucking up to anyone involved with The Targers by anyone remotely involved with Radio Humberside has fostered a rekindled hatred for them, well done & thank you  Dave Burns I say!  

Yes, I'm the same. I don't remember any nasty rivalry between supporters when I was a lad and I actually used to like watching the Wagstaff/Chilton/Houghton side. We never hated people from Hull because our family had fishermen who sailed from there from time to time. Quite a lot of Grimsby fisher families from the Freemo area moved back and forth between Hull & Grimsby, right up to the 60s. Any friendliness though was knackered when Radio Humberside came along, followed by that county we all loathed.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 21, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 11
Never heard that one before
Thanks for clearing that up
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 21, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 12
Never heard that one before
Thanks for clearing that up
Posted by: cannylad68, May 22, 2017, 7:05am; Reply: 13
Hull were always our rivals in my early days of watching Town.

Special trains for the away fixture from Cleethorpes straight to Boothferry Park.

Why can't it be like it was in the fifty's and sixties watching football.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 22, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 14
Avoided all the results yesterday so i could watch MOTD unawares....wish i had tuned into Radio Humberside now and been able to listen to Burnsy & Swanny slowly descend into more and more depressed tones as the goals went in.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 22, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 15
I used to love getting on the train to New Holland and boarding the ferry to Hull,

Great day out and I can not remember there being any trouble with their fans

BUT

Strange people,

They eat COD !!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 22, 2017, 1:32pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from cannylad68
Hull were always our rivals in my early days of watching Town.

Special trains for the away fixture from Cleethorpes straight to Boothferry Park.

Why can't it be like it was in the fifty's and sixties watching football.

Because in those days kids used to try and behave like adults whereas today adults try and behave like kids. ;)

We always went on the ordinary train & ferry to have some dinner at my auntie's in Holderness Rooaaad. We just took a bit of a risk with the sandbanks. :)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 22, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 17

Because in those days kids used to try and behave like adults whereas today adults try and behave like kids. ;)

We always went on the ordinary train & ferry to have some dinner at my auntie's in Holderness Rooaaad Rerd. We just took a bit of a risk with the sandbanks. :)

Corrected.  ;)
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:26pm